• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Damn it, I need more of you people to get off the fence and buy Watch Dogs.

Don't leave me alone with this guy!

Na2J0PL.png

Mwahaha, I had some points left in my Uplay account and I could unlock the gold gun and the stealth car right away.
How many points was it?

My copy is set for release day delivery from UPS, but I know for sure it's going to come at the latest possible time of around 8pm :(.

For game's I'm excited about, I usually go to Walmart when it opens and play all day. Urgh...

Same here, buy early and play all day. This time I ordered from amazon.ca because it came to $57 with tax. Saved myself $20 but I know it'l come as late as possible and it's killing me.

Gaz_RB

How many people are getting the Season Pass?

• The Palace Pack
  • The Breakthrough Pack
  • The Signature Pack
  • Conspiracy Digital Trip
  • T-bone Campaign
  • 5 Additional Player Packs
  • Untouchedable Mobster Pack

Guesses on individual prices, release schedule and trophy or achievment values?

Me for sure. This is the first open world game where I want even more to do after the huge amount of content that is already there.

QaaQer

Put up some videos of the PS4 version at youtube.com/riotpelaaja

There's a pretty stunning amount of things to do in this games. Stating the obvious here, it's an Ubisoft game after all, but still... I'm not feeling the driving much. Feels more like just a way of getting from A to B, so just cruising around doesnt feel that interesting. One small thing I really like is that you can turn off the soundtrack by just holding down the d-pad. Small thing but very welcome if you want to listen to the tunes.

Are you really as invincible while driving as the youtube videos?

Tamanon

Banned
3.5 hours! Best Buy soon, then probably several hours tonight of Watch_Dogs. Stoked to play it. See how the PS4 handles it.

Would you be content with some PS4 footage of me tailing random online people?

Vid 1
Vid 2

The song I linked a few posts ago is in Vid 2 :D

Omg, that first video those leaves and their shadows being cast on the building was so realistic, it was windy. Lovely lighting as well. Great work, you are indeed a top dawg at releasing these PS4 videos!

As a huge fan of the driving in GTA4... Definitely not looking forward to the way driving looks in Watch_Dogs. Guess well find out soon enough though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
GOT MY COPY. Time to play Person of Interest: The Game

M.Steiner

How does one ensure they get this vehicle?
Completing Uplay actions (easy achievements like completing Act 1 in Watch Dogs) rewards you with uplay points. You then spend those to unlock the vehicle in your game, along with a few other unlocks like the gold D50 pistol. Once you've done that you can then call it for delivery ingame via the app and for no charge.

bobot

Neo Member
How many people are getting the Season Pass?

• The Palace Pack
  • The Breakthrough Pack
  • The Signature Pack
  • Conspiracy Digital Trip
  • T-bone Campaign
  • 5 Additional Player Packs
  • Untouchedable Mobster Pack

Guesses on individual prices, release schedule and trophy or achievment values?

Redeemed my season pass code and............

Nothing yet. Lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Completing Uplay actions (easy achievements like completing Act 1 in Watch Dogs) rewards you with uplay points. You then spend those to unlock the vehicle in your game, along with a few other unlocks like the gold D50 pistol. Once you've done that you can then call it for delivery ingame via the app and for no charge.
I haaave 165 uplay points. Will that get it for me? Do you spend them in the game itself? Thanks!

Looks like getting through AC: Revelations and Conviction will pay off in some way after all!

HowZatOZ

Banned
I haaave 165 uplay points. Will that get it for me? Do you spend them in the game itself? Thanks!

Looks like getting through AC: Revelations and Conviction will pay off in some way after all!

I think the gold gun and car are like 40 points a piece, super cheap.

Green Man still slacking behind even though its now the 27th in UK. Did they not factor in the public holiday? Guess I can't be too harsh though, did save myself $50.

Put up some videos of the PS4 version at youtube.com/riotpelaaja

There's a pretty stunning amount of things to do in this games. Stating the obvious here, it's an Ubisoft game after all, but still... I'm not feeling the driving much. Feels more like just a way of getting from A to B, so just cruising around doesnt feel that interesting. One small thing I really like is that you can turn off the soundtrack by just holding down the d-pad. Small thing but very welcome if you want to listen to the tunes.

GREAT video. You answered every single question / concern I had about the game. Great commentary too. You should consider doing this more frequently.

Salaadin

Have we heard anything on frame rate and screen tearing on ps4 version?

Edit: ah I see the screen tearing comments above. That's good. Anything on framerate?

Pyronite

I don't know who runs things, but people in their positions always seem to do the exact opposite of what I'd do:

Theoretical Kinthalis head of Ubisfot: Hmmm, looks like the pirates have struck! They're all playing the game early. Well, release the cracken. Call it a pre-order bonus, but I'll be damned if I'm going to have my paying customers watch on the sidelines while the pirates have all the fun!

Actual heads of Ubisoft: DELAY THE RELEASE!

As long as you know this isn't what's actually happening.

Reality: something weird happens for 15 minutes with Steam preorders and everyone starts freaking out.

Top Bottom