• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

M.Steiner

I haaave 165 uplay points. Will that get it for me? Do you spend them in the game itself? Thanks!
It's 40 points so you've got plenty there ;)
On PC, when you go to the Watch Dogs page under your games you'll find "Rewards". Just hit the unlock button and it'll be in your game under the car for delivery app on your phone. Can call for it anytime you like.

I would love to see more pics of it but if you are done recording I can wait until midnight.
I got a couple here:
iMTzVEeTTw7n3.png

i2Nra7GxxNkwi.png

inrssuyRTpD9s.png
[Edit: Just added a pic of its stats too]

Kelsey

Banned
I tuned into this stream and thought for sure Donald Glover was streaming Watch Dogs. He's playing the Xbox One version and two things became immediately obvious - there's a lot of tearing and Ubisoft chose not to use Azure. The lag introduced when hosts migrate is ridiculously awful.

http://www.twitch.tv/foolishpaul

I wish this game had custom soundtracks. The Transistor OST would go really well with this game.

Gaz bro, ever since I seen you post on Gaf I knew you were a guy with amazing taste. I agree 100%. Would it be possible to just turn off the in game radio and play The Transistor OST (assuming you can buy it or download it somewhere) through the PS4 (haven't tried this feature yet)?

JJD

Anyone knows how much the season pass is going to cost?

I'm kinda regretting pre ordering the regular edition of WD on the PSN...I should have gone with the Gold Edition...

On PC, when you go to the Watch Dogs page under your games you'll find "Rewards". Just hit the unlock button and it'll be in your game under the car for delivery app on your phone. Can call for it anytime you like.

I got a couple here:

[Edit: Just added a pic of its stats too]

Nice thanks so much man, how does it rank up against other cars in its class? Is it the best car basically?

clockpunk

Picked my copy up at midnight launch (UK) and played the opening - seems like solid fun! Driving is rather arcadey, coming from GTA V, and the world feels like it is built on a much smaller scale - but packs in so much more (if that makes sense). Glad I decided to pick it up!

Gibbo

So the release date has been pushed back to the 27 June in my region (Singapore) which is wierd considering that they were advertising a release date of 28 May for most of the month. Steam really has to do a better job of updating and communicating the release dates of region locked games on their front page. I remember something similar happened to Lego marvel and Blacklist

Caramello

Just started playing (PS4) runs smoothly, graphics are pretty average though and I'm cringing in the cut scenes. I like the driving so far and the hacking is fun.

Gaz_RB

Gaz bro, ever since I seen you post on Gaf I knew you were a guy with amazing taste. I agree 100%. Would it be possible to just turn off the in game radio and play The Transistor OST (assuming you can buy it or download it somewhere) through the PS4 (haven't tried this feature yet)?

I really appreciate that comment, man.

And no, unfortunately there is no way to play your own music through the PS4 :(
But I usually play with my laptop next to me so I usually just listen to music on that if I want to.

Anyone knows how much the season pass is going to cost?

I'm kinda regretting pre ordering the regular edition of WD on the PSN...I should have gone with the Gold Edition...

It's $20. The gold version is just the regular price + $20.

You can buy it right now.

Wag

Nope. Even though it said 9PM Monday on my Origin game info the game didn't unlock. All it says now is, "This game is unreleased".:(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A little less than 4 hours for us plebs unless there's a workaround I'm not familiar with.

Still worth the price reduction.
My thoughts exactly.

The download is going to take so long though.... bah
I think the gold gun and car are like 40 points a piece, super cheap.
What's so good about the gold gun?
Well that's cool. Like Saint's Row I guess. The fact that this stuff is standard for open world games is pretty acceptable, it's definitely the right genre for it.
I just read that you could press down on the d-pad to turn off the car stereo?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Geez there are some bad players on Twitch. Some of them completely ignore the hackable objects, others don't even bother using traffic lights or anything like that at the right time and some are just atrocious at shooting.

Oh those asking about radio stuff, you can turn it off completely in options. You can also customise the soundtrack as well by creating a playlist in the media app, and play music on foot too!

Anyone trying to pick this up at a store at midnight?? whats your plan? I called gamestop but they told me i had to pre-order before 9, then pay it off after 9 and get a ticket, and then wait till midnight.

wtf i just wanna buy it at midnight god dam

I called my local Gamestop and they told me the "party" would start at 10. Free pizza, early gameplay, etc.

I was told that people would be divided into groups. Each group will get tickets?
Games will be released at midnight.

I'm showing up at 11:55pm picking up my game and leaving.

I was told to have a photo ID on me.

Geez there are some bad players on Twitch. Some of them completely ignore the hackable objects, others don't even bother using traffic lights or anything like that at the right time and some are just atrocious at shooting.

It's almost like people have different skill levels when playing games....

I was curious to see the unlock time of the Steam version. As of 02:10am in the UK it will be another 7 hours before the game unlocks. That's woeful! It may have taken me over 2 hours to download from Amazon but at least I have it (soon). Waiting until 9am is bullshit. Is it really that bad for UK Steam users?

DukeBobby

I was curious to see the unlock time of the Steam version. As of 02:10am in the UK it will be another 7 hours before the game unlocks. That's woeful! It may have taken me over 2 hours to download from Amazon but at least I have it (soon). Waiting until 9am is bullshit. Is it really that bad for UK Steam users?

Worse for us who have it on Uplay. It will probably unlock at 9am and we can't even fucking pre-load it.

sunnz

What I find more disappointing than the downgrade is just how arcady and cartoony the physics and such look in this game, same level as saints row.

For example the car crashes, damage, running people over ( wow that is terrible) and pretty much everything else.
Really is bad and disappointing for a game that has a serious tone to it.

Next gen GTA, now that will be a sight to see.

Lrrr

It's certainly been worth the money to me. If you're still on the fence, I'd say wait for reviews. Maybe I'm an outlier. Full disclosure, I also loved AC4, Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Ghost Recon: FS, if anyone is interested in my taste. I tend to like Ubisoft games in general, though I thought AC3 was meh.

Yeah, I enjoyed the gameplay of AC4 and FC3 as well (though not their stories), and I haven't played SC:B yet. I just wonder if WD is the kind of game you beat and then trade-in or is there some post-game replay value.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Customize a playlist as in use your own songs?

Customise the in-game soundtrack, sorry. I don't think anyone has found a way to place custom songs in like GTA IV.

Oh, for Nvidia players the green team have released a huge blog detailing all tweaking aspects, and a great grid guide on what the optimal settings are for your card. Check it out here, really great stuff.

M.Steiner

Is the stealth car any good? I don't like wasting my points so some info on it would be welcome.
Nice thanks so much man, how does it rank up against other cars in its class? Is it the best car basically?
I still have 3 performance cars I need to unlock in my game so I can't see the stats of those (by finding them on the street or hacking them from an NPC) so they may edge above the stealth car slightly, not sure yet. But other than those it's basically on par with the best performance cars you can buy and of course it's free, uplay points aside.

LowerLevel

I tuned into this stream and thought for sure Donald Glover was streaming Watch Dogs. He's playing the Xbox One version and two things became immediately obvious - there's a lot of tearing and Ubisoft chose not to use Azure. The lag introduced when hosts migrate is ridiculously awful.

http://www.twitch.tv/foolishpaul

I'm a bit confused. After watching Gaming Shack's (sp?) vids from earlier in this thread, another different post (both on YouTube) and watching a German stream on Twitch, I didn't really notice any tearing. If it was there, it didn't affect me like tearing normally does. Peeps here even said it looked good, quite a few posts actually. I'm not nearly trying to call you out or anything, but I just didn't see it or it wasn't terribly atrocious.

I still have 3 performance cars I need to unlock in my game so I can't see the stats of those (by finding them on the street or hacking them from an NPC) so they may edge above the stealth car slightly, not sure yet. But other than those it's basically on par with the best performance cars you can buy and of course it's free, uplay points aside.

Oh so you get those other cars by finding them on the street? I would expect the last 3 blacked out cars to be in the pre-order/season pass car mission

I called my local Gamestop and they told me the "party" would start at 10. Free pizza, early gameplay, etc.

I was told that people would be divided into groups. Each group will get tickets?
Games will be released at midnight.

I'm showing up at 11:55pm picking up my game and leaving.

I was told to have a photo ID on me.

Ugh, who honestly goes to these things? (outside system launches)

I dunno, maybe it's because my area in particular is especially trashy, but I could never go to one of these just for a game

Sorry if that comes off as dickish

Top Bottom