• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Ugh, who honestly goes to these things? (outside system launches)

I dunno, maybe it's because my area in particular is especially trashy, but I could never go to one of these just for a game

Sorry if that comes off as dickish

No I agree with you and the guy you quoted. I plan to get there at 11:30 just to get the game and leave. I'm not trying to eat junk and play a demo. . I just want the game.

Customise the in-game soundtrack, sorry. I don't think anyone has found a way to place custom songs in like GTA IV.

Oh, for Nvidia players the green team have released a huge blog detailing all tweaking aspects, and a great grid guide on what the optimal settings are for your card. Check it out here, really great stuff.
That's a good guide. But fuck it, I need the 337.88 driver but I can't install it because apparantly I need an Intel driver installed first. Fuck knows why considering I installed a nvidia driver in March with no issues and nothing has changed on my PC. Something has changed with nvidia drivers it seems )or it thinks my desktop PC is a laptop). I guess the error is due to my HD4000 onboard gpu not having a driver but I had real fucking trouble trying to get that and my 780 to play nice together so the HD4000 is driverless. But I want the new driver! What to do!?

Garland7G

I called my local Gamestop and they told me the "party" would start at 10. Free pizza, early gameplay, etc.

I was told that people would be divided into groups. Each group will get tickets?
Games will be released at midnight.

I'm showing up at 11:55pm picking up my game and leaving.

I was told to have a photo ID on me.

Gonna tell you right now this is a bad idea.
I've been to tons of these midnight releases. If you show up at 11:55 prepare to wait a long time (depending on how many people show up).
Trust me, get there at 10 (or better yet 9:30) Get your ticket and leave.
Return at 11:55 and you will have a place at the front. ;)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
My hype had dwindled...I was content waiting for other games...I ha entry really played battlefield enough maybe I'll catch up on baclog. Play dragons Dogma a 9th time...

And then today like a zombie I went down and snatched a pre order for tonight.

Gonna hack all you ps4 fools out there. Like.. alot.

And can we please get gaf groups for that team online coop shit?

M.Steiner

Oh so you get those other cars by finding them on the street? I would expect the last 3 blacked out cars to be in the pre-order/season pass car mission
The message you see when you select one of those other cars is:
"You can unlock vehicles by driving them or by hacking civilians. Some special vehicles are also unlocked by completing activities in the Progression screen."
So they must be acquired from either one of those.

I know one of the sports cars is unlocked through story progression as one of the guys I was tailing in multiplayer ended up chasing me with it lol.

Hey, quick question. Does Uplay offer the ability to track hours played? Got the game through Uplay rather than Steam, so can't use Steam's, and so far haven't been able to find the ability with my other Uplay games.

Kelsey

Banned
I'm a bit confused. After watching Gaming Shack's (sp?) vids from earlier in this thread, another different post (both on YouTube) and watching a German stream on Twitch, I didn't really notice any tearing. If it was there, it didn't affect me like tearing normally does. Peeps here even said it looked good, quite a few posts actually. I'm not nearly trying to call you out or anything, but I just didn't see it or it wasn't terribly atrocious.

It's mostly in the cut scenes. There's also the chance that the tearing I noticed during his stream was caused by the stream.

JP

how big is the map? do we know that yet?

Watch Dogs - The black square.
GTA V - The larger map.
GTA IV - The green map on top of the Watch Dogs map.
GTA-5-map-vs-GTA-4-vs-Watch.jpg

GTA V - The larger map.

Thank god Watch Dogs doesn't force you to drive for twenty minutes to get somewhere dusty and boring, only to be forced to make a return trip for the same mission. GTA V is an incredible game, but there's quite a bit of the map that was unnecessary and often irritating.

SRTtoZ

Got my number at Gamestop and they had a retail game in the PS4 there. Honestly as a PC gamer, even at 900p it looked very good. Very impressed.

SpaceHorror

GTA V - The larger map.

I remember being super excited about how big the GTA V map is, but man, while it is fun to explore, it gets tedious.

I'll gladly take a smaller map with stuff going on throughout over lots of empty space. Hell, it's bigger than GTA IV so that works for me.

Yoday

Hey, quick question. Does Uplay offer the ability to track hours played? Got the game through Uplay rather than Steam, so can't use Steam's, and so far haven't been able to find the ability with my other Uplay games.
I don't think so, but most Ubi games have stat tracking within the options menus, and time played is among them.

golem

Thank god Watch Dogs doesn't force you to drive for twenty minutes to get somewhere dusty and boring, only to be forced to make a return trip for the same mission. GTA V is an incredible game, but there's quite a bit of the map that was unnecessary and often irritating.

I enjoyed those leisurely drives.. and the conversations lol

JJD

Anyone know if there is pre-loading on the PS4?

It seems that you can start downloading the game right now on UK PSN, unfortunately it's not out on US PSN yet.

Pre-loading will be available to ALL PS4 GAMES released after Destiny. So Destiny will be the first game to support pre load.

npa189

So keys for this are just a mess everywhere except Steam? Gamefly is showing that their keys go out at 10am tomorrow. Why can't it just be universal at 12 midnight est? It's 2014 why is this still a problem?

Phionoxx

Need some more PC players to go ahead and start playing online! I'm having a real tough time getting 1vs1 hacking or tailing setup. Keeps coming back saying "no players found".

Ryzinn

Neo Member
So I made the mistake of pre-ordering off of gamefly for 20% cheaper than the steam retail price.

Unfortunately, I don't get my key until 10am PST which is 12PM tomorrow for me. I'm pretty pissed off about it. Did anybody else pre-order off of gamefly? Can you cancel a pre-order over there? I'll gladly pay 60 if it means I can at least play it tonight, I just wanted it a little bit cheaper.

I'm so mad at myself at the moment. :(

Gvaz

Banned
Cool thing I noticed:

Audio in the game seems pretty low, but if you change the camera while driving to inside the car, the volume of the playing music goes up. Neat little touch.

hbkdx12

XBL should be 3AM EST and 12AM EST for PSN. Give half an hour for whatever delays on their end.
I know this was stated but im not holding out on the 12am est as someone who lives one the east coast

It would mean their rolling out the game individually across each time zone which seems like too much hassle for them or that means that pat gets it 3 hrs early which seems extremely unlikely

So i'm still hedging my bets on 3am est but i'd be happy to be wrong

ttech10

I've been to tons of these midnight releases. If you show up at 11:55 prepare to wait a long time (depending on how many people show up).

Seconded. I often try to be one of the first 20 people who get their tickets at 9 or 10, whichever it is. Once 11:50 hits and I show up, the line is too many people to count and so glad I can waltz up near the door and be one of the first groups in.

It takes an additional trip but it's better than waiting however long it does if I just showed up around midnight.

def sim

I know this was stated but im not holding out on the 12am est as someone who lives one the east coast

It would mean their rolling out the game individually across each time zone which seems like too much hassle for them or that means that pat gets it 3 hrs early which seems extremely unlikely

So i'm still hedging my bets on 3am est but i'd be happy to be wrong

They aren't going by each time zone; Pacific gets it early. It was that way with Wolfenstein and other games IIRC.

M.W.

From the streamers that finished the campaign, looks to be around 15 hours, at least that's what they said. Who knows for sure...

Ugh, who honestly goes to these things? (outside system launches)

I dunno, maybe it's because my area in particular is especially trashy, but I could never go to one of these just for a game

Sorry if that comes off as dickish

I only real motivation for going is grabbing some free Chipotle coupons. I plan to take as many as I can.

Eff that!
If they run out of coupons or it's a crazy wait I'm leaving and coming back in the morning.

The last midnight thing I did was for Borderlands 2. Showed up at midnight and was out the door with my game by 12:05.

It was a Best Buy though.

Linius

Seconded. I often try to be one of the first 20 people who get their tickets at 9 or 10, whichever it is. Once 11:50 hits and I show up, the line is too many people to count and so glad I can waltz up near the door and be one of the first groups in.

It takes an additional trip but it's better than waiting however long it does if I just showed up around midnight.

Over here (The Netherlands) you just have to get in line and wait. No tickets. So if you want to be one of the first people to get in and leave early you'll have to arrive around 8/9 pm depending on what game it is. GTA V and every CoD launch are always crazy busy. That ticket system you guys have sounds great. If they did that over here I'd probably go to more midnight launches. Now it's just not worth my time :p

Tamanon

Banned
Heading out to Best Buy soon. Only did Gamestop midnight releases for COD games, so interested in how efficient these guys are. I expect less hoodies with the heat, maybe.

Top Bottom