• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

TheMan

Heading out to gamestop soon for my first midnight launch in years. I'm excited, but ultimately I expect it to be anticlimactic. Still, I'll have my last videogame hurrah before I descend into the depths of my new job.

ttech10

Over here (The Netherlands) you just have to get in line and wait. No tickets. So if you want to be one of the first people to get in and leave early you'll have to arrive around 8/9 pm depending on what game it is. GTA V and every CoD launch are always crazy busy. That ticket system you guys have sounds great. If they did that over here I'd probably go to more midnight launches. Now it's just not worth my time :p

They started the system a couple years ago (I first remember it with GTA:IV) and found it a lot better. Before that I typically just got the game the next day. It wasn't worth spending all that time being bored in line.

Heading out to gamestop soon for my first midnight launch in years. I'm excited, but ultimately I expect it to be anticlimactic. Still, I'll have my last videogame hurrah before I descend into the depths of my new job.

Don't forget to post pics of your pickup (^__^)

Gonna tell you right now this is a bad idea.
I've been to tons of these midnight releases. If you show up at 11:55 prepare to wait a long time (depending on how many people show up).
Trust me, get there at 10 (or better yet 9:30) Get your ticket and leave.
Return at 11:55 and you will have a place at the front. ;)

Took your advice, moment you posted this I left out my apartment, 15 minutes later I am ticket #2. Then went back home. Going to leave back out in 1 hour.

SpaceHorror

Man, I really wish my Gamestop did tickets, but my town is small enough to not justify them, I guess. Here the line is first come first serve and if you leave you lose your spot. You can never tell with the lines here, for a game like GTA V you better get there by 11pm (and the line is still long then, it just gets too long after that), for Watch Dogs, who knows. I get off at 11 and I'm heading straight there.

Thank god Watch Dogs doesn't force you to drive for twenty minutes to get somewhere dusty and boring, only to be forced to make a return trip for the same mission. GTA V is an incredible game, but there's quite a bit of the map that was unnecessary and often irritating.

Completely agree. For a game called Grand Theft Auto, you wouldn't think that driving would be the most boring part.

Jhn

Um... So yeah, do you guys remember that old ps3 thing where installs took a billion years if the console was both reading and writing to same disk at the same time?

As it turns out, this is apparently included as some kind of throwback feature in the digital version of PS4 watch dogs as well. Currently at 73%, two hours down...

Um... So yeah, do you guys remember that old ps3 thing where installs took a billion years if the console was both reading and writing to same disk at the same time?

As it turns out, this is apparently included as some kind of throwback feature in the digital version of PS4 watch dogs as well. Currently at 73%, two hours down...

Uhm. That does not make me happy.

What percentage could you play at though?

Jhn

Uhm. That does not make me happy.

What percentage could you play at though?

First mission pretty much instantly. That was over in 5-10 minutes, and from then on it's mandatory 100%.

Edit: I should also mention that the install is weird, it's internal for the game and not tracked by the PS4 os in any way I can tell. The actual os thinks its installed.

Edit2: Actually, to clarify further...

You need to download, and install, the entire game through the PS4 os to 100% before you can even start it.
When it starts, you can play the first mission, and then you find out that there's an internal, second install going on, and that this install needs to reach 100 before you can proceed. This is the slow one.

Got to play about the first 40 mins or so thanks to a VPN unlocking it.

Not much to judge from right now, seems pretty standard fare and what I expected. Visuals are a bit inconsistent, sometimes they look magnificent but when you go speeding in a car the whole illusion sort of shatters and stuff is blurrier. But overall it's a pretty game (PC maxed)

Andrew.

Banned
Headin out to GS soon. Haven't done a midnight launch since GTAV. I'm actually pretty surprised Dogs has a midnight release. Didn't think the thirst was that real.

If that's true, then I guess this will probably be my first and last digital PS4 game
until Destiny

www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/26ju58/watchdogs_has_no_water_patrol_police_force_so_if/

Watchdogs has no water patrol police force, so if you get a bounty and just jump in the water they cant get you. Hop in a passing boat and get out of view of the helicopter and you lose your bounty instantly. THIS NEEDS FIXING

PLz3heL.png

Drewfonse

Man, I really wish my Gamestop did tickets, but my town is small enough to not justify them, I guess. Here the line is first come first serve and if you leave you lose your spot. You can never tell with the lines here, for a game like GTA V you better get there by 11pm (and the line is still long then, it just gets too long after that), for Watch Dogs, who knows. I get off at 11 and I'm heading straight there.

Cazorla FTW. Crazy goal against Hull in the FA Final.

just preordered the gold edition on ps4...already have a uplay copy. Hope ur happy Ubisoft, I got 2 copies of ur game; and I buy every assassins creed game

www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/26ju58/watchdogs_has_no_water_patrol_police_force_so_if/

Watchdogs has no water patrol police force, so if you get a bounty and just jump in the water they cant get you. Hop in a passing boat and get out of view of the helicopter and you lose your bounty instantly. THIS NEEDS FIXING

PLz3heL.png

Screw that. Fuck the police, it's fun when they chase you through the city in sandbox games but annoying as shit when it's nearly impossible to get away by water. I mean, what are you gonna hack out there or hide behind to have a chance to lose your notoriety?

moai

so what´s the benefit of preordering on psn? i think i can wait till some reviews hit before i buy it. would i loose something?

hydruxo

hbkdx12

PLz3heL.png

I imagine there isnt anything to hack on water which would just make police chases gta levels of annoying. Atleast on land u have more player agency about how police chases turn out so im ok with this to be honest

PLz3heL.png

Sometimes they send helicopters after you, so swimming isn't going to help there.

Still a funny oversight for any game with a police/notoriety system, though.

MattyG

Banned
Dat high powered patrol car is coming for you!!!

That really needs to be patched in though. That's a major oversight.
Can they really just patch in police boats though? Seems like it would be a bit more of a process than just a patch. Maybe I'm wrong though, dunno.

SRTtoZ

The first load time is a bitch and it has one of the longest openings everrrrrrrr (and I couldnt skip it at Gamestop). Still, sooo pretty.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm wondering if opinions of this game will turn sour and how quickly. I'm expecting they will, but maybe not...

What do you mean? Seems to be the opposite in that people finally getting their hands on the game after predicting it to fail are pleasantly surprised it is still the same game as E3 2012, albeit without the graphics.

Edit: Oh dear god we are at it again, bring out the Watch Dogs helpline!

Andrew.

Banned
9 out of 10 times, ditching cops is a pain in the ass. I'll gladly take that jumping in the water "glitch" to lose them without issue.

jiiikoo

Banned
I imagine there isnt anything to hack on water which would just make police chases gta levels of annoying. Atleast on land u have more player agency about how police chases turn out so im ok with this to be honest

I hated evading the po-po in GTAV. But I think there should've been a water police or coast guard in the game, just no forced chases on water.

I would rather just have the helicopter and cops poorly shoot at me in the water. Once you get in the water you can't hack anything so this is a nice break when things just gets too real.

Top Bottom