• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Krabboss

What do you mean? Seems to be the opposite in that people finally getting their hands on the game after predicting it to fail are pleasantly surprised it is still the same game as E3 2012, albeit without the graphics.

Edit: Oh dear god we are at it again, bring out the Watch Dogs helpline!

It's nothing to do with visuals really. Having played a few hours now I'm having trouble bringing myself to playing more. The game is just a very by the numbers open world game and there's not really been a shortage of those in the past few years. It doesn't do much to differentiate itself and feels very bland/generic. The hacking just takes the place of old mechanics (sidequests, mugging people, collectables) instead of doing much new. Obviously it plays a bigger role in story missions, but I've not found it particularly fun.

Also I think the story is pretty played out at this point but that could be just me. Hacking just ain't cool anymore, it pigeonholes your story too much. To make the main character not look evil for committing a crime, he/she has to be hacking something that is very evil. It's either that or the unwitting hacker like in WarGames. That'd be cooler probably we've seen less of that.

Less than 4 hours to go here in California. Can't wait!

4? don't you mean 1? :D

8856c2552788f29c11f0419081b76228.png

To add cop boats? lol

It just seems extremely unpolished. I've seen so many bugs and sloppiness already. Wonder how much more stuff will come out when the game is actually released. I am not even expecting GTA levels of polish, but I think they had to rush like crazy. Anyway, I'll have the game soon and will be able to judge it properly then.

And it's cool that you love the game so much, but no need for 24/7 damage control either.

Nitsuj23

Is there anyway to purchase a code I can activate on Steam via Amazon for this game? I know I have in the past for games like South Park, but the Amazon Watch Dogs page seems to specifically mention uPlay.I have $68 in gift cards left on Amazon so I'd prefer to purchase there. If I can't get the Steam version though might as well just save that money for something else.

Liberty4all

Banned
Well I'm in a midnight line dtown Toronto. Maybe about 15 or so of us in line. Doors open in 35 min. Glad I had a glass of red before I left home.

Isn't there a day one patch? Have you guys who are complaining about bugs already downloaded the patch? Perhaps that will fix at least some of these bugs.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not trying to be a smart ass.

If we're buying on PS4 are we allowed to start downloading the game at 9 PM PDT?

Is it true that we can start playing the game once the vital data (5 GB) is downloaded and it'll download the rest in the background?

Liberty4all

Banned
I decided to go "all in" based on GAF reviews of multiplayer and streams. Got the season pass and all.

looking forward to some hot tailing action tonight :)

HowZatOZ

Banned
It just seems extremely unpolished. I've seen so many bugs and sloppiness already. Wonder how much more stuff will come out when the game is actually released. I am not even expecting GTA levels of polish, but I think they had to rush like crazy. Anyway, I'll have the game soon and will be able to judge it properly then.

And it's cool that you love the game so much, but no need for 24/7 damage control either.

No need for 24/7 hate either but among the current active Watch Dogs threads that seems to be the "in thing" now. I would argue that this has just as much polish as GTA, and we saw a fair number of glitches and bugs in that title as well.

Going so far as to say that the game needed another six months for boats or for fixing or that its rushed due to said bugs is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Kelsey

Banned
Two things I hate - Pretty much just tapping those road posts that you can make pop up will destroy your car or bike. It's ridiculous. I also don't like how Aiden will swear over and over and over when you are trying to evade a pursuer. Literally says, "crap, shit, damn, fuck" over and over in the same order as long as the pursuer is in the area.

First complaint is kinda major. Second one is a minor quibble, but you'd think they'd have noticed how bad that sounds.

Dominator

Sitting in the lot of my GameStop, only about 10 people here with less than 30 min less. I expected as much though.

Though since I finalized I started downloading the DLC that was on the receipt and the season pass from my phone. First time I've used that feature and it was quite easy.

Krabboss

No need for 24/7 hate either but among the current active Watch Dogs threads that seems to be the "in thing" now. I would argue that this has just as much polish as GTA, and we saw a fair number of glitches and bugs in that title as well.

Going so far as to say that the game needed another six months for boats or for fixing or that its rushed due to said bugs is a bit extreme, don't you think?

A little extreme. Bugs are so common in these sorts of games that it is strange to single out this one.

Anecdotal, but I've not encountered anything game breaking in my time with it. I would say bugs are definitely the least of this game's problems, but I might be alone in that. I am waiting for embargoes to end to see if my opinions (and thus my entire being) are validated.

Just because some people are voicing criticism (seems much reduced now by the way which is a good sign) there is no reason to jump on all the negative opinions from your side all the time, it is getting a bit annoying. GTA levels of polish? I seriously doubt that.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL98zhe-frg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6qiVorMXZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c

Gekidami

Banned
www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/26ju58/watchdogs_has_no_water_patrol_police_force_so_if/

Watchdogs has no water patrol police force, so if you get a bounty and just jump in the water they cant get you. Hop in a passing boat and get out of view of the helicopter and you lose your bounty instantly. THIS NEEDS FIXING

PLz3heL.png

Hum. Well i really doubt they're going to patch in police boats, i guess they could try and make the helicopters more aggressive as soon as you hop in the water.

Still, pretty dumb of the devs.

Gaz_RB

A little extreme. Bugs are so common in these sorts of games that it is strange to single out this one.

Anecdotal, but I've not encountered anything game breaking in my time with it. I would say bugs are definitely the least of this game's problems, but I might be alone in that. I am waiting for embargoes to end to see if my opinions (and thus my entire being) are validated.

This made me lol

Are the season pass missions/costumes e.t.c available straight away or do we have to wait a few months ?

the actual T Bone missions or whatever they are called will not be available right now, that would negate the "season" part. I have no idea about the preorder stuff though, I am hoping right away. They usually include them with the AC season passes, but they are not included in the season pass details. They were released for AC4 a month or 2 after release

the actual T Bone missions or whatever they are called will not be available right now, that would negate the "season" part. I have no idea about the preorder stuff though, I am hoping right away. They usually include them with the AC season passes, but they are not included in the season pass details. They were released for AC4 a month or 2 after release

Whats weird is the season pass advertises, breakthrough pack - 3 additional single player missions and costumes , but my ANZ special edition already has the breakthrough pack and some costumes so seems like a waste.

Whats weird is the season pass advertises, breakthrough pack - 3 additional single player missions and costumes , but my ANZ special edition already has the breakthrough pack and some costumes so seems like a waste.

yeah, I think no matter where u buy the game from, u get something that is already included in the season pass. Kind of weird, but at least its a one stop shop for all preorder stuff

Vire

Hey, I'm terribly sorry if this has been asked before, but have they said if they are going to try and patch the PS4 version to 1080p like they did with AC4?

Top Bottom