• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

bertstare_nfl.gif

Bugs never happen in other open world games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrLYp0-_5HM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYwQ2n6di8
NSFW? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avTOSSBzvoA

Raven77

Has anyone mentioned this yet? Taken from gamepur.com:

Here is another coolest feature in Watch Dogs that everyone of us seems to have [missed], "Interior Simulation". Check out the in-game GIF below detailing it, definitely looks stunning.

Its almost on the every window (wherever needed or appropriate), and it looks like the spaces are not rendered in 3D, and seems to be based of reflection technology.

SandyAnyClownanemonefish.gif

This is pretty insane stuff, looks amazing.

hawk2025

Registered my Nvidia code with Uplay...

Still haven't received Ubisoft's code, and the game doesn't show up under Uplay. What gives?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is purchasing the game broken right now? It keeps saying "this game can't be purchased at this time" when I try to buy...

ttech10

It just seems extremely unpolished. I've seen so many bugs and sloppiness already. Wonder how much more stuff will come out when the game is actually released. I am not even expecting GTA levels of polish, but I think they had to rush like crazy. Anyway, I'll have the game soon and will be able to judge it properly then.

And it's cool that you love the game so much, but no need for 24/7 damage control either.

Let's not ignore the complete mess GTA: Online was for the first month or two. Or maybe still, as heists were promised as part of the game before launch and it's yet to be added to the game.

I do agree though that Watch Dogs could use some polish, but even with single player, Rockstar has some sloppiness going on. They even had the Online problems migrate over into affecting their single player side of the game.

GMG, plz...

I'd really like my key so that I can at least start the download before I fall asleep. That'd be nice. Have keys from them even been distributed in the UK yet?

They even had the Online problems migrate over into affecting their single player side of the game.

My save game....

It's quite apparent that the game took a significant turn (story-wise) in development.

Pedestrians refer to you as "the vigilante", and there's a black & white morality style meter, but the main campaign/story shies away entirely from any notion of a "vigilante" story. There's mechanics and systems that aren't coherent, thematically speaking.

I imagine development wasn't an entirely straightforward experience / not without severe problems.

hawk2025

Read the email that you received. It will unlock on 5/27 and they'll email you.

So downloading the game through their own service has no preloading, and keys are handed out "some time tomorrow"... in their own service?

How does this make any sense?

Eh, I shouldn't complain. Free is free.

Someone tried to add me as a friend on Uplay and I accidently clicked 'no'. I don't remember the nickname of that person, so if it was you please send another request :)

maybe a dumb question, but where exactly does the ps4 download show up. I bought the gold edition, so I am just waiting on its page in the playstation store...not sure if thats the right place though

sk3tch

So downloading the game through their own service has no preloading, and keys are handed out "some time tomorrow"... in their own service?

How does this make any sense?

Eh, I shouldn't complain. Free is free.

Yeah, I think it's because they went without DRM - at least that's my hypothesis due to the game leaking early on PC and being widely pirated. It only had pre-load on Steam because Steam used their DRM to layer on top of it.

WHAT TIME THO?!?!?!

When does 5/27 happen in your area? Midnight? Bingo. That's my hope, at least. :)

ttech10

in what line to pick up the game? they did say this is breaking pre-order records no?

Most preordered next gen game (which honestly I don't find that remarkable, not trying to downplay the achievement though) and Ubisoft's second most preordered game ever.

I don't know how it did against the likes of COD and GTA, though. I think that would be the more telling stat.

Top Bottom