• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Sp33Demon

Started download from PS4 Store 5 minutes ago (went to Watchdogs..Bundles (for Gold Edition) and the download button popped up. Says 15 more minutes to finish downloading.

Finally got the PSN webstore to start the Gold Edition download. People said it had a play-and-go option, but I don't see it. It says it's downloading 20 gig. With games like Infamous the initial download was only 3 gig before it could start. Doesnt look like I'll be playing tonight.

Initial is about that for this as well. It'll change over for you in a minute.

Thought I'd be able to play for at least 30 minutes before going to bed, but considering I was 30 minutes late and now it's looking like it'll take at least an hour to download... They definitely should have tried their hardest to push pre-loading out of the door, I don't get home until late tomorrow :/

GD71

Banned
Will the psn store automatically display the change from 'purchased' to 'download' or do I have to manually refresh it to see the update?

The US store is odd. It changes from pre order to purchase (free) and requires you to add to cart. No auto download. Was same for Infamous.

It's up by the way.

Gaz_RB

3fe7dbb7ed17d225b3a7da34e2015b56.png

0e1fe0631d28fa1bc8d815cff49ee68f.png

lol

hlhbk

Some games can do that and others can't. The dev/publisher has to be okay to do it. Seeing how Watch_Dogs is an open world game I can see how they can run into problems with the "play as you download" thing.

My download is only 4 gb like all other play as you download games.

Megasoum

Banned
The game is downloading on Origin... Happy to see I won't have to download through UPlay (I don't mind launching through the app but I hate downloading and updating in UPlay).

zedge

Downloading on PSN now! Woo!

Was a bit torn between versions (X1 or PS4). But decided PS4.

MST here too btw.

App is incompatible with Nexus 5. LOL!!

BearPawB

Banned
The game is downloading on Origin... Happy to see I won't have to download through UPlay (I don't mind launching through the app but I hate downloading and updating in UPlay).

My conversation with EA lead to this:

Abhishek
Thanks for waiting
Abhishek
I have checked with my updates and some of our players are having issues downloading the game right now. The issue has been already reported to seniors and they are working on it.
Abhishek
You will be able to download it very soon, Your patience will be appreciated.
you

Megasoum

Banned

Abhishek
Thanks for waiting
Abhishek
I have checked with my updates and some of our players are having issues downloading the game right now. The issue has been already reported to seniors and they are working on it.
Abhishek
you

Yeah the game was "unlocked" but Unreleased for a while on Origin... I did get my uplay cd-keys by mail around midnight. Almost started the download on Uplay but after restarting the origin client the game was now available for download.

Jafku

Abhishek
Thanks for waiting
Abhishek
Abhishek
you

My chat rep states that they will need to wait 12 hours or more, and if it's not done processing by then they will start a refund.

npa189

Downloading on PSN now! Woo!

Was a bit torn between versions (X1 or PS4). But decided PS4.

MST here too btw.

App is incompatible with Nexus 5. LOL!!

Incompatible with my N5 and LG gpad Google play. I think the store listing has to be broken.

REV 09

Abhishek
Thanks for waiting
Abhishek
Abhishek
you
thanks for posting. hope we "india buyers" aren't screwed.

ieatzombies

The loading screen music definitely gets a big fucking greenlight from me

Tangerine Dreamy
Great to hear! I remember when first installing that game and hearing that sound
Track from Tangerine Dream at the install screen. Sweet bliss. Picking up my copy in the morning and will jump on after work.

Top Bottom