• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Glad I got to try the game at gamestop before launch, after much pondering I ended up just canning my pre-order. I guess I'm just not into open world games anymore.

Hmph... I wasn't planning on playing tonight anyways. If the order doesn't go through, I'll pick up a key off Ebay or something.

I hope this doesn't happen with my Dragon Age: Inquisition order as well.

pahamrick

Thank you Uplay! Finally got my nVidia promo copy (Best 13 TF2 keys I ever spent) and my code for the Digital Deluxe DLC!

Now to get downloading and wait for the new AMD drivers tomorrow before I start playing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
adding some usernames into the app, so far I see 2 people who might be online, but unavailable.

Become available, dammit.

247.gif

jiiikoo

Banned
My 360 got RROD the day Gears 2 came out. I know that feel.

I remember getting GoW 2 on launch day and when I started to play it, I couldn't get past the part in where you have to fight guys in the cave. I just couldn't progress, something didnt load like it should have. Tried restarting and everything. And when I tried to return it to the store, they wouldn't give me a refund :(

katkombat

Banned
Question: (I don't really remember how Battlefield, CoD, or ACIV worked....) So the 3GB download is when I can start playing, I know (get a little bit in like 10-20 mins how assassins creed was I assume) but do I have to play that far or even launch the game for the download to finish? I plan on sleeping right now and letting the other 16 GB go over night.

gooface

Banned
Got my Mexican origin key around 9:15 PDT! 40 mins left downloading on origin! GO FASTER!!

I got two codes with the digital deluxe edition from them.

jtar86

At gamestop picking this up. There's only like 10 people here. I come for most midnight opening and there's normally around 100. I thought there was more hype for this game.

jiiikoo

Banned
I have a 50 mb/s download speed, although the ps4 usually gets only like 20 of that. It says I have 5 hours, it was at 24 hours earlier, for the 3492 mb file

I got a 100mb/s connection and it says 11 minutes left for the 3Gb file. I'm from Finland and downloading off of the US store.

Question: (I don't really remember how Battlefield, CoD, or ACIV worked....) So the 3GB download is when I can start playing, I know (get a little bit in like 10-20 mins how assassins creed was I assume) but do I have to play that far or even launch the game for the download to finish? I plan on sleeping right now and letting the other 16 GB go over night.

Nah. Download continues regardless of what you do with the game.

Gekidami

Banned
I hope that's not it, but it looks like it is. Doesn't work on my S3 or my Nexus 7.
Dont worry, it doesnt actually seem to be of any use. Just some voice recorder with a few filters, a store, and the ability to send messages and photos that you can "encrypt"... So that others can download this totally useless app and see them.

Doesnt even look like you can connect the app to the game, so chances are this isnt the actual companion app.

EDIT:
Because that is NOT Android app. App is called Watch_Dogs Companion: CToS Mobile not HIDE. HIDE is old promotional app.
And all is revealed.

ttech10

I don't think they're the same. The description for the iTunes one is way different than the Android one, which looks like some type of gimmicky marketing thing.

The Android version will be available from the Google Play link on their official site.
http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-ctos-mobile-companion-app-faq/

Top Bottom