• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Honestly though I went through the E3 2013 uncompressed footage and the only noticeable difference between it and the leaked footage is the headlights on cars blinding you, and the helicopter spotlights. Still not seeing the massive downgrade.

Hopefully the music leaks completely soon. I want a Queen song to make it in.

Arun1910

I want a stream :'(

Man I am SO happy to get this on Saturday! Bank Holiday Monday works wonders :D

It means retailers have to ship friday as they dont work saturday, but we get post delivered saturday so it works for us :p

Hoje0308

Banned
I think it's just a common misconception about game development. I mean, Ubisoft Reflections helped out on Watch Dogs, the team that made the Driver series. You would think that they would have a part in the car handling right? Well, has that actually ever been confirmed? Or is it a general assumption people have made, because 'it makes sense' for them to work on that?

For me it was that I'd like it to be true. I'm aware of just about everything you've mentioned thus far, but was willing to believe because the driving model in these games can be a make or break for me. Games like Sleeping Dogs don't have a chance with me simply because I don't enjoy the way the vehicles handle. So, it's late, I'm excited for this game and I saw something that gave me confidence in an important aspect of it. Rookie mistake. Anyway, off to bed for me. Can't wait to see what this OT has become by the time I wake up.

sunnz

From what i heard/ read thus far the cars handle a bit shitty. Think GTA IV.
I kinda hope faster cars handle better

If the vehicles handle similar to gta iv then it will be the best thing about the game by A MILE.

From the videos, it looks far from it sadly. Cars look stiff, floaty and the controls look a little twitchy. A cross between gta v and saints row.

tuna_love

Banned
From what i heard/ read thus far the cars handle a bit shitty. Think GTA IV.
I kinda hope faster cars handle better
Its not like gta iv, its really hard to flip a car in this, its pretty easy to drive around but you can sort just plow through traffic. Driving a truck through hatch backs is good fun.

For me it was that I'd like it to be true. I'm aware of just about everything you've mentioned thus far, but was willing to believe because the driving model in these games can be a make or break for me. Games like Sleeping Dogs don't have a chance with me simply because I don't enjoy the way the vehicles handle. So, it's late, I'm excited for this game and I saw something that gave me confidence in an important aspect of it. Rookie mistake. Anyway, off to bed for me. Can't wait to see what this OT has become by the time I wake up.

It's cool man :)
As someone who's worked on a racing game in the past, it's not nearly as straightforward as you'd hope to imagine with these sorts of things! I hope too that the cars handle nicely in WD, not long till we get our hands on it.

Tekku

Is it possible to enter a friends game to hack him/her or is it completely random which players game you enter?

Its not like gta iv, its really hard to flip a car in this, its pretty easy to drive around but you can sort just plow through traffic. Driving a truck through hatch backs is good fun.

Ah okay. that's what some previews said. And it looks kinda that way on videos.
Could be sucky drivers though ;P

Linius

I hope the car handeling is GTA V levels okay. I never expect too much from open world games but GTA V did an alright job.

tuna_love

Banned
Ah okay. that's what some previews said. And it looks kinda that way on videos.
Could be sucky drivers though ;P
I didn't really like it in the beginning, but it grew on me. Its a lot more arcadey than gta iv. Worst thing about driving for me was in cock pit view you cant look 90 degrees left or right.

infe|2no

Neo Member
A real (aka professional) magazine broke the review date?

http://www.jeuxvideomagazine.com/Actus/Jeux-Video-Magazine-n-161-est-en-kiosque-!

it says world exclusivity

Tout fonctionne à merveille, le Hacking permettant des phases de jeu jouissives. Au niveau graphisme, le jeu est trés solide sur le plan technique. Les musiques d’ambiance et bruitages sont excellents. Le Scénario est par contre assez mauvais. Un sans-faute, sauf sur l’histoire.

Everything works perfectly, allowing Hacking phases pleasurable game. At the design level, the game is very strong technically. The surround sound effects and music are excellent. Scenario is against pretty bad. Faultless, except history.

-Cwalat-

I don't care that much about the downgrade, since i'm not interested in this game anymore after seeing the gameplay leaks. What i will say though is that it's BS that Ubisoft can get away with the difference in quality from how the game was revealed and marketed up until it's release and all the embargos.

tuna_love

Banned
I don't care that much about the downgrade, since i'm not interested in this game anymore after seeing the gameplay leaks. What i will say though is that it's BS that Ubisoft can get away with the difference in quality from how the game was revealed and marketed up until it's release and all the embargos.
So you mean you do care?

. What i will say though is that it's BS that Ubisoft can get away with the difference in quality from how the game was revealed and marketed up until it's release and all the embargos.

Yeah, they certainly got away with... wait, have you followed this game?

ymmv

Banned
Jesus... Are you guys riding the iambladders-train now? Wtf is happening to this forum?
Being sceptic is okay, but actively trying to convince other people that the game is shit and trying to convince them to not buy the game, all based on the premise that the game doesn't look 100% like the 2012 verticle slice concept on a high end PC when they didn't have devkits yet?
Wow.. I'm sure Ubi can be blamed for certain things, but it's not like the devs themselves didn't work their asses off to deliver a nice open world experience for us to enjoy. It's almost as if people can't wait for the game to get very poor reviews. "Rejoice, the game has failed. We succeeded".

Yep, this is exactly what's happening. I love Neogaf in general, but the thing I hate is the undercurrent of negativity. It's a good thing to be a critical consumer, but lots of people get more entertainment from irrational hate. Look at the recent thread about a Crytek manager making an innocuous statement about RAM limitations. Just look at discussions about David Cage's games. Or Ninja Theory's DMC game.

DarrenS

Jeux Video also gave GTAV 19/20 so does this mean Watchdogs is *only* as good as GTAV?

Pre-order cancelled.

/sarcasm off

-Cwalat-

So you mean you do care?

I guess you could say, i cared about this game before the recently leaked gameplay videos showing nothing but a bland GTAV copy with much less "life" on the streets and less things to do and an apparent downgrade in visual fidelity(lightning and particle effects referring to the leaked gameplay videos of the gas station explosions for example).

As i said before, that's all gone since i'm not buying the game anymore.

It is disrespectful to gamers though, to show a game with lots of visual potential and a certain iconic look, which is then dumbed down for apparent reasons(consoles not as powerful as the top end PC they were using during the reveal demo). To think that gamers would just blindly ignore that is kind of disrespectful.

...also, when a game gets pushed back from release, the last thing you should do is give it a downgrade as most people expected the game to get better and look better with the extra development time they got.

eshwaaz

Jesus... Are you guys riding the iambladders-train now? Wtf is happening to this forum?
Being sceptic is okay, but actively trying to convince other people that the game is shit and trying to convince them to not buy the game, all based on the premise that the game doesn't look 100% like the 2012 verticle slice concept on a high end PC when they didn't have devkits yet?
Wow.. I'm sure Ubi can be blamed for certain things, but it's not like the devs themselves didn't work their asses off to deliver a nice open world experience for us to enjoy. It's almost as if people can't wait for the game to get very poor reviews. "Rejoice, the game has failed. We succeeded".
Agreed, and it's not just for Watch Dogs. Criticism and skepticism absolutely have their place here - all positive, all the time wouldn't do anyone any good, either - but the overall tone of negativity here has become overwhelming. I've given up on threads about games I'm really interested in as a result.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Any one know how my sli 570's would handle this game? they are the 1.25gb ones and i have an i72600k at 4.5. 16gb ram.

Can't decide between pc or ps4 :/

iNvid02

the last 10 multiplatform games from ubisoft

child of light - 82
south park stick of truth - 85
ac iv black flag - 88
call of juarez gunslinger - 76
far cry 3 blood dragon - 80
just dance 2014 - 79
rayman legends - 92
Spartacus Legends - 45
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 82
The Smurfs 2 - 42

aside from the odd licensed trash their games tend to review pretty well, they have mastered the 7-10 scale

iNvid02

this is what jeux video said
some of it might be garbled, i used the project naptha extension to copy text from images

Any function wonderfully, and hacking
ultra intuitive game allows pases
jouissives

Very solid on a technical level, it is
especially in the sensation of life
Watch_Dogs very falt

The background music and sound effects
excellent, but the song selection
is a little chick

Open and multi oblíget world, there
an extravagant amount of things,
interesting to

+ gameplay and level design
+ Life in chicago
+ Generous content

- The scenario, blah!
- The first loading
- That's all!

Watch_Dogs embodies all the hopes
placed in him and offers a successful replay
the open world game. The lock-fault or
almost with a damper on story

Cannot wait for Tuesday to finally have this game. Looking forward to blasting through the singleplayer game.

Would be nice if Amazon (with Pime) got my order to me on Saturday, what with the UK bank holiday and all.
Prime is usually a bad idea in this scenario. You 9/10 get it release day because they'll ship on Saturday and courier will deliver Tuesday.

If it wasn't Prime and they used Royal Mail they'll ship Friday as Royal Mail is a 2-day service, but you normally get it next day anyway!

Fingers crossed for you though.

Any one know how my sli 570's would handle this game? they are the 1.25gb ones and i have an i72600k at 4.5. 16gb ram.

I have one 570 and still preordered the PC version. Just for the option to play around with resolution/framerate. With two of those, get the PC.

It helps that I got the preorder for ditr cheap

infe|2no

Neo Member
anyway a world exclusive can't be totally honest.. i doubt if the game worth 8, they ll assume to publish it like that.

since i finished infamous, i never turned on my PS4 again and i only play with my XB1, i need to buy this game day one to save my PS4 ^^

Hasney

Easy PC. Cheaper and should outperform PS4 on that setup.

Shame you missed out on the ridiculous region-switching deals.

Top Bottom