• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

tmespe

Game play is going to drive this game. The world is nice too.

The concept is so cool though. I can't understand why they wouldn't be able to create a decent story. On the other hand, they do have characters like T-Bone in the game...

Would the OP be against editing to include a list of PSN and other usernames so GAF players can play against each other?

PSN: Darryl_M_R

Already done.

As requested through PM, added a NeoGAF ID list to the OP. Quote to reveal.

aravuus

I don't think I get the multiplayer aspect of the game, is it kind of like Dark Souls? Is getting hacked or tailed by someone else during normal play like invading in DS?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't think I get the multiplayer aspect of the game, is it kind of like Dark Souls? Is getting hacked or tailed by someone else during normal play like invading in DS?

That's how it's being described as/compared to. Dark/Demon Soul.

Yes. You can turn invading on or off though.
When turned on someone can invade your game and hack you.

Gaz_RB

The concept is so cool though. I can't understand why they wouldn't be able to create a decent story. On the other hand, they do have characters like T-Bone in the game...

I feel like it's always really hard for open world games to have good stories.They're always so long and complicated.

That's how it's being described as/compared to. Dark/Demon Soul.

It's nothing like the Souls games. The only similarity is that you are jumping into another players world, though there is no notification that the players world has been "invaded" You don't try to kill them. You either hack or monitor the players movements without being spotted.

Megam

Neo Member
I'm not so convinced about the gameplay...don't know, it resembles to Assassin's Creed gameplay imo...we'll se when it comes out. :D

Gaz_RB

It's nothing like the Souls games. The only similarity is that you are jumping into another players world, though there is no notification that the players world has been "invaded" You don't try to kill them. You either hack or monitor the players movements without being spotted.

Actually I think it does notify the player when they are being invaded.

bombshell

Actually I think it does notify the player when they are being invaded.

I thought it only notified the invaded player when the invader starts to hack you. If an invader just tails the invaded player I don't think he will be notified. There's a trophy for completing a tailing without being discovered.

MayMay

Banned
Just pre-ordered on Steam, they better give us the chance to pre-load!

Hyped, added myself to the Spreadsheet too.

Added myself to the list. Let the madness commence

psycho-gif1.gif

woen

Be careful with the french review, it smells doritos and I don't think the reviewer had a true free thinking / critical mind. It's pretty common with this kind of magazine.

QaaQer

Regarding the Jeuxvideo review, I seriously cannot understand how a game receives 19/20 or 9.5/10, when there are such negative remarks on its story.

Watchdogs is supposed to be focusing on its single player portion, so I dont understand how having a ridiculous scenario and poor story, only costs 0.5 points in a scale of 10.

Does it sounds ridiculous to anyone else, or is it just me?

According to jeuxvideo, it looks as if storytelling is worth only 0.5 points in a videogame...

exclusive reviews come with strings. any pub with one of those is full of shit.

rnaud

PSN: rnaud_

A few more days, I'm ready.

I think this is one of the first game where I will not buy the digital version. And it's just because I know it's going to be quicker to do the 5 min walk to the store to get it than to download the game.

Nohar

Added myself to the list. Let the madness commence

[Oh dear God what is that .gif ?!]

Flat what o_o

Also, yeah, that french magazine has zero credibility. It's been a while though since I read videogames magazines. Most of the good french ones are dead now *long sigh*.

PSN: rnaud_

A few more days, I'm ready.

I think this is one of the first game where I will not buy the digital version. And it's just because I know it's going to be quicker to do the 5 min walk to the store to get it than to download the game.

Edit: nevermind, reading how does it work

Also, GAFer krakatoa, there's someone with a PSN name very similar to yours, just without the extra 'e' on the end. Might want to update your field stressing it's two 'e's at the end. :D

IcyEyes

The more information arrive the higher the hype level raises for this game.

Open world games are one of my favorite kind and this game has the potential to bring more life to this genre. Unfortunately I got bored too soon of GTAV (both single and multi), so I have huge hopes for this game.

My concern right now is about the MP ...

Top Bottom