• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

The driving is pretty terrible for me right now. Maybe I'll learn soon. I'm wondering when will I get my focus. Going to bed now will pick it back up after my dentist appointment in the morning.

nynt9

Bought it on the PC but good remote play may end up causing me to double dip on the PS4.

Left-back is inventory wheel, right-back is "use gadget", front left and right are "R3/L3" (I don't know what they do, still waiting for the playgo installation to complete and go out into the real world.

The Cowboy

For you Origin pre-order people.

Your order will show as processing in your order history until you can actually download the game (as your order is still processing), once it becomes available to download for you the order history will change to completed.

This is how it always works with pre-orders on Origin (you won't get refunded because you bought it from India/Mexico etc), if the game is showing in your "My Games" page and order history then you'll get it.

I'm at 34%...jeez this is slow. Is this the entire download?

If I just quit the game and go to standby will it finish? Because I closed the application and nothing was downloading :\

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So friends who own the game and have been playing for a bit, can you tell me if it's possible to pull off this exact move in the game? Always thought this was extremely cool.

ibkJiEyPgv3Kw5.gif

nynt9

So friends who own the game and have been playing for a bit, can you tell me if it's possible to pull off this exact move in the game? Always thought this was extremely cool.

ibkJiEyPgv3Kw5.gif

You can do blackouts, in fact
in the intro sequence you blackout the entire stadium to escape.

Jafku

For you Origin pre-order people, it will show as processing in your order history until you can actually download the game (as your order is still processing) - once it becomes available for download for you the order history will change to completed and if you expand it, it will show as fulfilled.

This is how it always works with pre-orders on Origin - you won't get refunded, if the game is showing in your "My Games" page then you'll get it.

I'll take your word for it and go to bed. Not like I have anything to do tommorrow

Gaz_RB

ibkJiEyPgv3Kw5.gif

Pretty much. I've never let them get close enough to arrest me though, so I'm unsure of that.

SRTtoZ

Bold statement: I'm having more fun in this game in the first hour than I had with all of GTA5

I kept my hype pretty steady so I wouldn't be that disappointed but this is exceeding every expectation.

ibkJiEyPgv3Kw5.gif

I'm not sure there is a way to fake surrender to black out. I wish . .I just got shot up all the time.

BashNasty

I'm at 34%...jeez this is slow. Is this the entire download?

If I just quit the game and go to standby will it finish? Because I closed the application and nothing was downloading :\

I'm with you, trying to figure out the best course of action here. I don't really believe it's the sony servers getting hammered, because I was downloading perfectly fine and perfectly fast, now I've downloaded 5 percent, which is give or take 1 gig, in about 15 minutes, that's a problem.

I fairly certain someone posted earlier about a problem on the ps3 if a game was being played and downloaded at the same time, it would tank the speeds, seems to be the case here as well, but I'd want to have some confirmation that the game isn't just going to either not download anything or reset the download if I close the app. I'm quickly approaching the point where it would have been a better idea for me to just run to a Gamestop midnight release rather than download the game, and thats bumming me out. My percentage has been sitting at 54% the entire time I've been typing this.

Well, the companion app is actually really cool. Took down the first player I played against on it. Will be neat to experience from the actual game side once GMG does something.

I'm with you, trying to figure out the best course of action here. I don't really believe it's the sony servers getting hammered, because I was downloading perfectly fine and perfectly fast, now I've downloaded 5 percent, which is give or take 1 gig, in about 15 minutes, that's a problem.

I fairly certain someone posted earlier about a problem on the ps3 if a game was being played and downloaded at the same time, it would tank the speeds, seems to be the case here as well, but I'd want to have some confirmation that the game isn't just going to either not download anything or reset the download if I close the app. I'm quickly approaching the point where it would have been a better idea for me to just run to a Gamestop midnight release rather than download the game, and thats bumming me out. My percentage has been sitting at 54% the entire time I've been typing this.

I restarted my PS4 after closing the game. Nothing is downloading.

Do you really have to download it while the game is running? Kind of ridiculous :\

Piggus

Alright, talked to Origin support and this is what I got. Hopefully it's reassuring (maybe it is, maybe it isn't) for us folks that bought it on Origin during the India sale.

NyvGnnO.png

Xyber

For you Origin pre-order people.

Your order will show as processing in your order history until you can actually download the game (as your order is still processing), once it becomes available to download for you the order history will change to completed.

This is how it always works with pre-orders on Origin (you won't get refunded because you bought it from India/Mexico etc), if the game is showing in your "My Games" page and order history then you'll get it.

But how come Mexico pre-orders can download now and India not? Using korean proxy to unlock doesn't work either like it has for BF3/4. If it did I would've been able to start my download 12 hours ago, because that's when the release date was over there according to Origin.

jbw

Banned
Bold statement: I'm having more fun in this game in the first hour than I had with all of GTA5

I kept my hype pretty steady so I wouldn't be that disappointed but this is exceeding every expectation.
Not so bold. GTA is dead. Has been for years. Riding on reputation and lacking innovation, the teet has no more milk.

94% Install... Hoping to have my modest expectations exceeded as well.

ttech10

Every car in the game eats head on collisions for breakfast.

I can confirm, though, that you can indeed crash enough to both damage the headlights and then eventually, the car itself. I failed the first mission I did where I had to deliver a car to someone (and then the second time as well for driving it into a river).

They do seem beastly though.

SRTtoZ

Super early ps4 impression- whoever thinks gtaV looks better is a goddamn fool

Lol people think that? haha.

Fuck it. Just bought and downloading. Need an open world fix, I really hope this is great.

You're in for a treat.

Also protip: The brightness slider thingy is completely wrong, when I set it up just barely seeing it the brightness was WAY too high (as someone who has calibrated their TV). I had to turn it down to 30% to get the brightness right and that was way below the recommended brightness setting with the slider (70%).

Top Bottom