• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

jony_m

Does anyone know when the PS Headset audio preset thingie will be available for WD? Or did am I imagining that was announced?

Ok so if you finished the tutorial and are downloading..it will finish even from the XMB or whatever it's called. I'm going at about 1-2mb/s.

Should be done by tomorrow, but oh well. At least I got to play the tutorial...although that's kind of a blue-balled treatment haha.

so my ps4 is showing 15 mb/s in the connection test. I havent really seen anyone else with as horrible speeds as I am getting. Still not even halfway done with the 3 gig file. Is there anyway I can try to get this to speed up. I have restarted my ps4, but its the same. Also, will it automatically start the next part if I fall asleep for the night

Cloudy

Banned
Played through the first mission. It was okay but honestly I'm more interested in finishing Wolfenstein before tackling this

This whole tutorial downloading first thing was a pretty silly idea. It's just made the launch night downloads more frustrating, and probably won't make a significant difference to anyone buying it later down the road when the servers aren't hammered.

npa189

8% left, go Uplay! Go! I hope this doesn't patch like blacklist does, that was the worst. Really looking foward to this.

ascully

It changed from Wednesday to Tuesday right away when UPS received the package, it's been the same since.

I guess I got unlucky I got the shipped email on Saturday night, no shipping information until an hour ago and now it says Thursday. I contacted Amazon and they gave me $5 back. Now the long wait until Thursday night.

Tabular

Banned
New footage was released. Labeled as PC. Several people went "lol console downgrades. PC master race ftw. This looks awesome. PS4 would melt trying to run this."

Turns out it was PS4 footage.

Haha. Funny thing is Second Son already looked quite a bit better than that footage or any watch dogs PC footage so those comments were truly out there.

Played through the first mission. It was okay but honestly I'm more interested in finishing Wolfenstein before tackling this

Go back and savor Wolfenstein, breh. We'll get 100 Watch_Dogs' this gen. Who know what will become of FPS campaigns like Wolf. Watch_Dogs can wait.

JLeack

Banned
Some people believe that the game doesn't even look as good as gta4, it's very laughable how wrong they are.

Watch Dogs has better water, texture resolution, character models, and animations.

GTAIV has dynamic shadows and better deformation.

Yeah, I'm going to take Watch Dogs 10 times out of 10.

I got it digitally on PS4 because I'm busy most of tomorrow and I wanted a chance to play it tonight... this stupid mid-game installation basically prevented me from playing it. :(

BashNasty

If anyone else is having problems with the slow install/download after the tutorial, try this:

Head the the dashboard and close the game after you quit to the main menu. From the dashboard hit options while over Watch_Dogs and go down to information. From there you can actually watch the download speed.

After closing the application, I waited about a minute and eventually my download speeds jumped from around 1Mb/s back to a more typical 8-9.

Jesus, I cannot wait until preloading..I'm still salty Sony lied about preloading beginning in April and now they're waiting waaaaaay until September just so they can have Destiny be the first game with preloading..Fuck that shit.

GulAtiCa

Only played a tiny bit, but enjoying it so far. I love how I can essentially do anything right off the bat even with (almost) nothing unlocked. Can't wait to see what I can do with fun stuff unlocked.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Hey guys this is just my initial impression, I'm about 3 hours in, I'm enjoying the game a lot. More than I remember enjoying GTA V, about equal to how much I enjoyed Black Flag.

The story and writing are above average, better than GTA V, with more likeable characters. It feels more like Sleeping Dogs. If you like Sleeping Dogs, you will probably like this game.

The on-foot running and climbing is way better than GTA V. Definitely some assassin's creed DNA going on here.

Hacking and solid gunplay make the combat very fun, and if comparing to GTA V way more fun.

The driving is pretty meh, and the one place where GTA V is generally way more fun. Flying, driving, and jumping off stuff in GTA V just can't be topped.

One more question for those of you who have downloaded the whole thing...do I have to download the entire 16GB to finish the tutorial?

I was unable to actually finish it, but I believe I was near the end. As others said, some cop keeps saying "wha.." or something. I'm at 87% though, so hopefully I can at least finish the tutorial tonight.

Edit: Whoops, I apologize. I haven't quite downloaded the whole thing. FWIW, there was nothing to indicate that the game had saved.

H1PSTER

I've read a solution to the Ps4 problem.

Cancel the preorder but then re-buy it...

... And redownload it.

Sony this is is no way acceptable, it's pathetic that you can't even do something Steam has done far beyond this generation.

I was unable to actually finish it, but I believe I was near the end. As others said, some cop keeps saying "wha.." or something. I'm at 87% though, so hopefully I can at least finish the tutorial tonight.

Edit: Whoops, I apologize. I haven't quite downloaded the whole thing. FWIW, there was nothing to indicate that the game had saved.

Yeah, I kept hearing the cop too. Gonna just set this to Standby mode and play tomorrow after work :(

dex3108

Its there. But if you're like me and haven't updated the OS in a while, you won't see it. I was on 4.1 and it requires 4.2, I'm updating my S3 now. If your phone is older, you may be boned.

There is no CTOS Mobile app for android yet. It will be live today.

Andrew.

Banned
I have never played an open world game where I just want to slowly walk around. Fuck cars. Soaking in this city is the fucking best and Aiden looks like such a badass hands in jacket pockets struttin around all shady.

Top Bottom