• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Ugh wish I would have waited for the whole game to download instead of playing that tiny bit of a tease. Probably will end up going to bed.

If I put my PS4 into stand by will it fuck up the install since I already started the game? Should I just leave it on?

HowZatOZ

Banned
At this point I'm convinced they aren't coming until tomorrow.

I doubt it. They haven't responded at all, only just now switch on the "oh shit our servers are on fire" for the website down page and people are trying to get chargebacks as quick as possible. This won't kill GMG, but I sure hope it ruins their perception as a good third-party seller.

We were promised on the official game page that keys would be available at midnight depending on your origin, yet now its more than 16 hours since it ticked 27th May in Australia and nothing. No note, no "hey shit we fucked up here's an ETA," nothing.

DarkFlow

Banned
Alright, talked to Origin support and this is what I got. Hopefully it's reassuring (maybe it is, maybe it isn't) for us folks that bought it on Origin during the India sale.

NyvGnnO.png

Well that's a plus, but origin help is all over the place. Yesterday I just asked them a question about when they would take my money for the pre order and one tried to cancel it lol.

I was unable to actually finish it, but I believe I was near the end. As others said, some cop keeps saying "wha.." or something. I'm at 87% though, so hopefully I can at least finish the tutorial tonight.

Edit: Whoops, I apologize. I haven't quite downloaded the whole thing. FWIW, there was nothing to indicate that the game had saved.

You can quit out of the progress screen. if you continue you're right back at that screen.

I have never played an open world game where I just want to slowly walk around. Fuck cars. Soaking in this city is the fucking best and Aiden looks like such a badass hands in jacket pockets struttin around all shady.

Awesome, i used to love just walking around gta 5, this guy looks much more badass :)

kudoboi

reposting from the steam thread since I think this is more appropriate here but.. Ubisoft just changed the Watch_Dogs Release date for some parts of South East Asia on Steam about 12 hours ago to the 27th of June. What should I do?

BlHWFOh.jpg

Edit: I think I am going to wait till tomorrow and if it still isn't fixed, I will refund and only get this on a sale

Yusaku

Alright, talked to Origin support and this is what I got. Hopefully it's reassuring (maybe it is, maybe it isn't) for us folks that bought it on Origin during the India sale.

NyvGnnO.png

I just cancelled the order. I'll wait until the game is $30 in proper 'merican dollars.

I have never played an open world game where I just want to slowly walk around. Fuck cars. Soaking in this city is the fucking best and Aiden looks like such a badass hands in jacket pockets struttin around all shady.

Definitely agree. I find myself fast traveling at every opportunity and plowing through everything in other open world games, but the city feels so alive and is so visually stunning that it's so tempting just to slowly walk through it. The only other open world game in which I've found myself doing that was L.A Noire.

Saganator

I have a feeling I'm going to end up playing this game like I did the first Hitman game. In that game, there was a city level with people walking around and shops you could walk into. I use to go around the "city" and try and kill as many people as I could undetected. In Watch Dogs, the profiler app will allow me to pick out targets that I deem should die, like the HIV blood donor. I'll stalk them until I can kill them with out being seen. Looking forward to playing Dexter Simulator.

edit:

haha, just re-read my post and I probably come off as a little off. I just had a lot of fun playing the old Hitman games like that, hoping I can relive those days, next-gen style.

Dominator

Played the first few missions and did some side stuff. Really fun game so far, but I expected as such. If theres a huge quality leap from Watch Dogs 1 to Watch Dogs 2 (think AC to AC2), then the next game has the potential to be legendary. But thats years from now lol

As for right now, yeah, good game for sure.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up playing this game like I did the first Hitman game. In that game, there was a city level with people walking around and shops you could walk into. I use to go around the "city" and try and kill as many people as I could undetected. In Watch Dogs, the profiler app will allow me to pick out targets that I deem should die, like the HIV blood donor. I'll stalk them until I can kill them with out being seen. Looking forward to playing Dexter Simulator.

Wow you just sold me on this game. I was considering canceling my preorder but I think ill hold onto it and grab the game tomorrow.

H1PSTER

GUYS I FOUND THE FIX FOR PS4

As I posted earlier you cancel your preorder but you DO NOT have to delete the download.

Just re-buy it and it will unlock it from the "trial version".

Enjoy your game guys... And let's hope this doesn't happen again.

Ugh wish I would have waited for the whole game to download instead of playing that tiny bit of a tease. Probably will end up going to bed.

If I put my PS4 into stand by will it fuck up the install since I already started the game? Should I just leave it on?

If you hold the PS button, and Close Application, then go to the main menu, press Options on Watch Dogs, go to information, you can see if it's downloading (it will be). Should be good to just leave it in standby. That's what I'm doing anyway.

If you hold the PS button, and Close Application, then go to the main menu, press Options on Watch Dogs, go to information, you can see if it's downloading (it will be). Should be good to just leave it in standby. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Yeah I've got that on my screen. Just didn't know if it would screw up anything since the game (as far as I know) didn't save at all for the part you could play.

SZips

So here's a question. This is really early game stuff and shouldn't be much of a spoiler, but do some of the flashback/dream segments look like this for everyone?

http://i1.minus.com/ibch8E628KgkKd.jpg (linked just in case of anybody being too uppity about a vague screenshot)

I don't mean all the time but it flashes things like that periodically and ONLY during those sequences.

guys is the ps3 version really bad? impressions for ps3 peasants like me???

I have the PS3 version. It's fine. Obviously the graphics aren't going to be as good as the next-gen versions, but it still looks good and performs well. Unless the lack of a cockpit view is a dealbreaker for you, I wouldn't fear.

So here's a question. This is really early game stuff and shouldn't be much of a spoiler, but do some of the flashback/dream segments look like this for everyone?

http://i1.minus.com/ibch8E628KgkKd.jpg (linked just in case of anybody being too uppity about a vague screenshot)

I don't mean all the time but it flashes things like that periodically and ONLY during those sequences.

Yes, it's intentional.

malfcn

So since the first achievement in the game didn't unlock for me..should I restart?
Or is there a way to replay missions?

Gaz_RB

Yes, it's part of the scene. It doesn't happen much more throughout the game.

Deception

Yes its the style of the game sometimes. Similiar to main menu loading screen.

Welp, here's the downside for not being able to predownload the entire game on PS4.

I got about 10-15 min into the game and this pops up:
1sDyyC9.jpg

Looks like I'm not going to be able to play as much as I'd hope to tonight. Sorry to let down those of you that were in my stream. =/

Well I broke down and bought this off PSN for PS4, and got to the point where I'm escaping from the stadium and am stopped while you wait for the remainder of the game to install.. I'm liking it so far, but ugh that wait. I have a 100 Mbps connection and PSN definitely does not take advantage of it :(

Saganator

Any big crowds at Gamestop or Best Buy midnight release? Buddy of mine said there was 50 or so people at his Gamestop, which is more than I expected.

Top Bottom