• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

malfcn

Looks like you cannot replay missions. There goes an hour of game play that I have to restart the game.

First "unimissable" achievement has been missed by me!

def sim

I mean if it's 3AM Pacific then that's what it is. Platform shouldn't matter, it's the same company.

Microsoft pushes their digital stuff on their time. Pacific, probably because they are based in Redmond? I agree that it should be midnight everywhere, but that's just not how they all operate for whatever reason.

edit 12AM PST/3AM EST btw

I don't know how I feel about this Playgo feature. Just let me download the whole thing pls...Don't give me a taste of it and then I have to wait for the whole thing to finish.

GulAtiCa

Any big crowds at Gamestop or Best Buy midnight release? Buddy of mine said there was 50 or so people at his Gamestop, which is more than I expected.
Arrived at my GameStop just after midnight. Huge line and parking lot filled. Lots of people. At least 30 people. By time I found parking several were gone with their game in hand and they gave out the game efficiently and fast. Hard to tell how many, but I'm thinking this game is going to sell well.

def sim

I don't know how I feel about this Playgo feature. Just let me download the whole thing pls...Don't give me a taste of it and then I have to wait for the whole thing to finish.

As convenient as PlayGo can be in certain situations, I'd rather let the download complete before playing. The increased loading times and other drawbacks can be a bother.

SZips

Yes, it's part of the scene. It doesn't happen much more throughout the game.

Holy hell, that's good to know that it isn't my system or my new-ish video card. I've suffered through one too many dying video cards to not get even the slightest bit freaked out when I see distortion and artifacts like that while I'm playing a game.

Looks like you cannot replay missions. There goes an hour of game play that I have to restart the game.

Really? That's an unfortunate oversight. You'd think it'd be easy enough to program in, and replaying missions is something of a standard in open-world games today.

jwtsonga

I have the PS3 version. It's fine. Obviously the graphics aren't going to be as good as the next-gen versions, but it still looks good and performs well. Unless the lack of a cockpit view is a dealbreaker for you, I wouldn't fear.

Yes, it's intentional.

Thx I have just bought it!!!! No need for cockpit view, I like having a wide viewing range being able to see the surroundings and hacks.

PS everyone should see this gameplay if you like stealthy gameplay (spoiler free):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5BD9PDZjA&feature=youtu.be

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I assume the background download on ps4 is working, even if it's not showing up on the downloading list. Only showing in game.

malfcn

Wow, that really sucks... :(

Really? That's an unfortunate oversight. You'd think it'd be easy enough to program in, and replaying missions is something of a standard in open-world games today.

Yup.
If Ubi is watching this thread.

As soon as I took down Maurice I decided to restart the mission because I wanted to play with a headset on and hear better. The game re-loaded and the Uplay popped up. Beat the mission and no achievement.

This seems like a massive oversight. What possible reason could there be for not allowing the replay of missions.

Anyway, has anyone played that Carmageddon-esque side mission/activity yet? Is it any good?

Lucent

Welp, here's the downside for not being able to predownload the entire game on PS4.

I got about 10-15 min into the game and this pops up:
1sDyyC9.jpg

Looks like I'm not going to be able to play as much as I'd hope to tonight. Sorry to let down those of you that were in my stream. =/

Yep. Got to the point where it told me how to run and free run. I started taking off and got hit with that. Closed out the application and letting it download. So far the graphics look pretty good. Aiden himself looks nice. Can't wait to get out in that rain though. lol.

Ubersnug

Yup.
If Ubi is watching this thread.

As soon as I took down Maurice I decided to restart the mission because I wanted to play with a headset on and hear better. The game re-loaded and the Uplay popped up. Beat the mission and no achievement.

So, you could restart the mission? It just didn't pop the achievement after you completed it again?

Stupid question, did the achievement not pop the first time you played the mission?

been downloading since it popped up on ps4...currently still in the 3 gig file with 11 minutes left. Starting to just think its my internet, even though it is showing a 15+ mb/s dl speed when I test in on the ps4

malfcn

Okay, am I supposed to get this achievement in the first minute of the game..or is there another take down? Because I restarted a new game and it didn't pop up again.

Manage game > Delete All Saves > Restarting again.

I think the dice game is glitched for me. I won the first 3 levels and then it acted as if I hadn't done the second level. Even after finishing that it just acted like I hadn't done any! Pretty annoying.

Wait, which cheevo was that?

Ubersnug

Okay, am I supposed to get this achievement in the first minute of the game..or is there another take down? Because I restarted a new game and it didn't pop up again.

Manage game > Delete All Saves > Restarting again.

I got the achievement for taking down Maurice at the beginning of the game.
Specifically, after you beat him down after he charges at you with the baseball bat
- spoilers that in case anyone gets upset.

jbw

Banned
Well, count me in as hooked by this game.

The initial storyline seems compelling, even if a bit cliche.

The whole hacking thing makes the world seem a lot more alive than other open world games, because you're connected to so much, and there is stuff to uncover. It may get old; time will tell.

No mission replay? Gah. Not a big deal, though yes it would have been nice.

Driving? Yeah, it's kind of... How shall I say... Underdeveloped. Seems kind of floaty, and the collisions and damage are very arcadey. Before I knew what the heck I was doing, I was getting chased by cops and ran over some spikes, then proceeded to elude the cops with two blown out tires, sparks flying and all. Erm...

Add me on uplay do if you want, ricochetguro remains my name.

Game looks incredible and holds a pretty steady 30 FPS for me at max/txaa 2x. Does seem to crash every hour or so though which is rather annoying given it runs fine so it shouldn't be getting overloaded right?

Watch Dogs has better water, texture resolution, character models, and animations.

GTAIV has dynamic shadows and better deformation.

Yeah, I'm going to take Watch Dogs 10 times out of 10.

Motion capture and facial animation is still superior in GTA5. Characters are a mixed bag in WD. Take his sister and her son for example. They look aweful.

GtA5 or Watch Dogs? I would take both ;)

Hey guys this is just my initial impression, I'm about 3 hours in, I'm enjoying the game a lot. More than I remember enjoying GTA V, about equal to how much I enjoyed Black Flag.

The story and writing are above average, better than GTA V, with more likeable characters. It feels more like Sleeping Dogs. If you like Sleeping Dogs, you will probably like this game.

The on-foot running and climbing is way better than GTA V. Definitely some assassin's creed DNA going on here.

Hacking and solid gunplay make the combat very fun, and if comparing to GTA V way more fun.

The driving is pretty meh, and the one place where GTA V is generally way more fun. Flying, driving, and jumping off stuff in GTA V just can't be topped.

Hm, while you can freeclimb in AC nearly everywhere, WD has just some very specific points where you can climb on. I don't even think that WD has a jump button, just climb-interaction.

I'm looking forward for some gunplay. Until now, I only hacked cameras and killed everyone with hacked explosives or traps.

Top Bottom