• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

DarkFlow

Banned
Origin Support update. Told you it would be unhelpful lol.

Abhishek: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Abhishek. How may I assist you today?
you: My Watch Dogs Pre order is still locked
you: Why?
Abhishek: Hello.
you: Hi
Abhishek: I really apologize for the inconvenience due to some technical issue you issue you are unable to play this game.Our senior developer team is working on it.
Abhishek: It will be soon resolved.
you: Okay, Just wanted to get a update
you: Thank you

That Origin Indian store thing was a bad idea. I've just bought the game on Steam and I'm contacting the Origin chat to cancel my preorder.

It worked fine for Titanfall, and a butt load of other games before. This has more to do with Ubisoft I think.

Anyone else crashing? Performance is locked at 30 and I have a 4GB card and I'm not noticing stuttering so it shouldn't be the texture setting right?

oti

Banned
Thank you for ordering on Ubisoft. The product that you preordered is now available.

nVidia promo codes!!!! CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!!

I already "bought" the game with the promo code over a week ago. Email confirmation and everything. But it's still not showing up on my Uplay account.

Kreunt

Banned
So it looks like the Indian Origin deal has started working for everyone about 15 minutes after I canceled my order and go to GMG instead.

No regrets though, I'd rather GMG be getting my money anyway.
Also, got my key instantly at checkout.

grimmiq

I thought the PS4 was supposed to record all gameplay, then just have to press share and save to save the last 15mins..Swear it used to allow that..

Just had an invasion, found the hacker, chased them to an SVU, jumped ontop of the car while they drove off shooting into the hood and forced it to stop, then jumped off and headshot as they got out of the car..thought "Awesome, I'll save that shit!"..Only had save screenshot option and no video recorded.

I thought the PS4 was supposed to record all gameplay, then just have to press share and save to save the last 15mins..Swear it used to allow that..

Just had an invasion, found the hacker, chased them to an SVU, jumped ontop of the car while they drove off shooting into the hood and forced it to stop, then jumped off and headshot as they got out of the car..thought "Awesome, I'll save that shit!"..Only had save screenshot option and no video recorded.
You took a screen shot. Look at the share button settings and you can assign how you want to record video. Usually pressing share button once will save the 15 minite clip but check the settings.

Xyber

Started my download on Origin and only got ~12MB/s. Activated the code in uplay instead to see what I got there.

0u9i5b.jpg

250Mbit is so great.

grimmiq

You took a screen shot. Look at the share button settings and you can assign how you want to record video. Usually pressing share button once will save the 15 minite clip but check the settings.

Damn, I'm sure it was set to that when I was playing around with SHAREfactory and Ground Zeroes..Don't know why it would have changed but I'll take a look, cheers.

Maybe an odd request, but can anyone who bought the XB1 retail version somewhere other than Walmart kindly post the UPC code?

The reason I ask is because I picked the game up on an impulse tonight at Walmart and only later realized that it's a "retailer exclusive" version with its own banner printed on the front. If the UPC is actually different from the non-Walmart version, I'll return it unopened tomorrow because I worry that might affect my ability to trade-in/sell it in the future.

(Here's what the ugly cover looks like, by the way):

0000888853840_500X500.jpg

I still have the license issue on PSN... fucking ridiculous.

Last time I've preordered something from Sony.

Same here .This is outrageous.I am on the fence to cancel my preorder.Giving them 2 more hours to fix this shit.

Was happening to me too, my pre-order was locked so I cancelled the pre-order on the PS Store as my funds hadn't been taken yet anyway and then re-purchased it normally.Now working fine and still have all the deluxe stuff but some have had less luck and saying all the deluxe stuff disappeared for them.

Not the best advert for going digital on PS4.

Origin Indian Deal guys reporting: I'm in the US East Coast time zone. Origin just charged me for W_D. It's downloading now. @4:34am EST. WOOHOOO

Gonna go ly dow for sleep while it DLs. Will initiate fun in the morning once well rested. Good night GAF.

Origin install requires 43gb to install AND unpack.!? wtf doe

slash3584

Don't know if this helps somebody but to be able to download the game (US store) I had to enter the SEN web store and the game appeared as "Free", so I added it to my cart and checked out and It gave me the option to download to my PS4.

jaydogg691

Well this sucks.

It seems I can't play my PS4 version of Watch Dogs because I got a bad disc. There's a little chip on the edge of the disc that prevents my PS4 from reading the game.

It installed the 20GB portion of the game on the HDD, but as the games starts to boot up, the PS4 disc drive keeps spinning and stoping then I get this error.

sugarman

im halfway through the first mission and the game stopped to download more data. i bought it digital on ps4 but it said game installed... wtf?

DarkFlow

Banned
Well They changed me for the India deal, or they tried anyway. It got declined because that card could not do international transactions. So I updated to a new card, and I'm waiting on that shit.

Matush

Well this sucks.

It seems I can't play my PS4 version of Watch Dogs because I got a bad disc. There's a little chip on the edge of the disc that prevents my PS4 from reading the game.

It installed the 20GB portion of the game on the HDD, but as the games starts to boot up, the PS4 disc drive keeps spinning and stoping then I get this error.
That skucks man, replace it as soon as possible if you can, not sure if bad discs can screw your blu-ray.

gruenel

Was happening to me too, my pre-order was locked so I cancelled the pre-order on the PS Store as my funds hadn't been taken yet anyway and then re-purchased it normally.Now working fine and still have all the deluxe stuff but some have had less luck and saying all the deluxe stuff disappeared for them.

Not the best advert for going digital on PS4.

I preordered the "classic" edition, not the deluxe.

How would I go about cancelling my preorder? Can't find any option on the store.

Edit: found it, thanks.

How do I start online hacking contracts? I've just unlocked the first ctOS hub and it says I need to do the introduction before I can start contracts. Are they further along?

DarkFlow

Banned
So for everyone that got the India deal, check your bank! My first card was declined because it did not support international transactions. You might need to find a new card to use.

Plumpman

So the online decryption is really not fun. I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to make it so that the decrypt percentage stays no matter what team picks it up, but man it's infuriating when your team dominates the whole match yet the enemy team somehow manages the steal at 98%, and then they get the win for it?

The 1v1 online modes rock though. Tailing is really fun and is making me second guess all the pedestrians in my SP game now, haha.

jaydogg691

That skucks man, replace it as soon as possible if you can, not sure if bad discs can screw your blu-ray.
Hope not. I tried to launch the game a couple of times, uninstalled the game data and reinstalled again. Tried other games and movies just to make sure it wasn't the disc drive and those seemed to work fine. Looks like I'm going to call it a night. My body was ready for Watch Dogs... and them Munchies and Baja Blast. :'(

Salez

Neo Member
I still have the license issue on PSN... fucking ridiculous.

Last time I've preordered something from Sony.

Yeah me too and it's really starting to piss me off. I contacted Sony support but haven't got a response :(

Afraid to cancel my preorder and buy it again if there is a chance the bonuses might disappear

8NLhCSC.jpg

xxNEjhl.jpg

Tekku

Anyone that wants to capture some footage from Realistic Mode? I'm really into those kind of game modes and I haven't seen anything of it from Watch Dogs yet. :)

Top Bottom