• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Yasae

Banned
Somebody really needs to invent analog trigger-esque keys, well implemented, in a keyboard. I only use a controller for driving in these types of games.

icespide

Banned
I love this game:

p7s4meX.jpg

I always forget how fucked Uplay is.

I always think - It couldn't be that bad, I just remember the few times it didn't work.

I am always wrong.

Always

Muffdraul

I disagree with a lot of you guys on the driving. I quite like it.

I was just watching a video and they said that your aim assist setting (Minimal, Default, or Strong) has a major effect on how the vehicles control and "feel", and they said they preferred it on one setting while on foot, but another when driving. I bet that has a lot to do with the driving complaints. They should probably patch it so you can have two separate aim assist settings.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Was skeptical (mainly because of this site) so rented the game. I'm loving it, definitely going to buy it of US PS Store in a month or so.

Cth

Did anyone pick up the Collector's Guide?

Just curious about the bonus content.. the AC guides had some nice bonuses.

I have to wait until class ends to pick up my copy.

Hopefully this hasn't been asked a thousand times already but, besides the difference in resolution, are there significant graphical differences between the Xbox One and PS4 versions?

I was just watching a video and they said that your aim assist setting (Minimal, Default, or Strong) has a major effect on how the vehicles control and "feel", and they said they preferred it on one setting while on foot, but another when driving. I bet that has a lot to do with the driving complaints. They should probably patch it so you can have two separate aim assist settings.

But what would the aim assist have to do with driving physics? You can't even shoot out of the vehicle unless you are a passenger.

GPsych

Hard to say. The driving in WD is shit in a completely different way to GTA IV. I'd say it's probably easier to adjust to than IV but that doesn't make it any better.

This is actually good news to me. I don't mind "bad driving" as long as it's not bad driving like GTA IV. I'm not really sure what it was about GTA IV, but I just couldn't corner or even turn effectively at any speed.

Chitown B

Hopefully this hasn't been asked a thousand times already but, besides the difference in resolution, are there significant graphical differences between the Xbox One and PS4 versions?

I couldn't tell a difference in side by side youtube videos, other than different gamma levels.

The game isn't GTA - its quite rewarding to ditch your car when you're near useful fut terrain - they chased me to a building site so I got out of the car and stealthed my way through the building as the cops dynamically spread out looking for me - eventually they assumed I was gone so stopped searching but sort of set up a perimeter which I also sneaked past and was home free.

That's so much better than avoiding a radius until flashing stars decide to go away.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, the colors they use for evening are remarkable. They feel startlingly realistic at times for some reason.

6GM.png

Gestault

Does anyone know what's up with some of the computer monitors in the scenery? Like, I feel like we're pretty far out for CRTs to make sense in the environments. Was there a story point I didn't catch to justify it?

i8O5BKCuA5EVi.gif

about to trade metroid prime trilogy for this game

not the steelbook version though, and I already beat all 3

the hype got me and I need something to play :p

Kabuto

Just read an article on Yahoo on the game (pick up my copy after work today) and it was a top 10 things to know before getting into the game. One of them was that cops are basically impossible to get rid of except to either let them kill you or drive into water and then swim away since NPC's don't get boats. So his item was to just stay clear of cops at all costs.

But you say evading cops is a good/fun part of the game. Guessing he's just an lol-yahoo reporter who doesn't know what he's doing?

What are other poeples thoughts on cops and evading them?

I've only had to evade the cops a few times so far so my opinion might change later on haha. The times I have had to do evade them though, using alleyways, shooting out their tires, and hacking the bridges, blockades, and traffic lights is why I think it's fun.

Just received my copy for PS4. Will be playing tonight while others argue whether or not the game is good and about downgrades, I don't give a fuck. Looking forward to it.

Anyway, I still refuse to sign up for UPlay. What do I miss in this game by doing so?

Gaz_RB

Does anyone know what's up with some of the computer monitors in the scenery? Like, I feel like we're pretty far out for CRTs to make sense in the environments. Was there a story point I didn't catch to justify it?

i8O5BKCuA5EVi.gif

Seems like a storage room? They don't look like people use them regularly.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I kind of had a feeling that it would be a good idea to not hide the fact that I purchased the game through India considering there is nothing in there terms against it and It worked in my favor. I explained confidently that I purchased the game via the origin India store because it was on sale and that my credit card contacted me to confirm that it wasnt a fraudulent change. I told them I authorized the charge but that they told me to call the merchant and have the charge reprocessed. The rep didn't give me any problems because I didn't give him any surprises. U have to act like what u did was 100 % legitimate (because it actually is).

I was completely upfront about what I did - he asked if I used a proxy and I said yes. Then he said that was against TOS (I argued that it wasn't) and he only offered the same limited coupon that other people have reported. It really does depend on the representative you get. Legitimacy has nothing to do with it.

UrbanRats

After 8 hours of download: There's been an error, please reinstall.

Oh lol UPlay.
I can't even access UPlay in online mode now (so i can't start the game).

Why oh why must every fucking company feel the need for their own shitty ass broken client?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I disagree with a lot of you guys on the driving. I quite like it.
Well I like the driving in Saint's Row... :X

i8O5BKCuA5EVi.gif
that room takes place in 1997.

I was completely upfront about what I did - he asked if I used a proxy and I said yes. Then he said that was against TOS (I argued that it wasn't) and he only offered the same limited coupon that other people have reported. It really does depend on the representative you get. Legitimacy has nothing to do with it.

"he asked if I used a proxy and I said yes"

*stares blankly*

Anyway, you should always call back to get another agent who will bend to your will. Just hang up on the annoying ho ass savvy ones.

L.O.R.D

i can't buy this game from steam
maybe its banned in the middle east ?
if it banned .. why i can still access the store page of the game ?
this is what i see
qVVF8NA.jpg

i changed the ip to US IP
HZ6bEUl.jpg

i still can't access GTA4 from steam page

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

i8O5BKCuA5EVi.gif

That's the monitor graveyard. Every high tech office has one. ;)

red731

Are the servers up or what?!

clock_2240898b.jpg

There seem to be a problem with MY internet connection??!! Oh man....I am going to play Risk of Rain or BoI.... Fuck U, I want to PLAY :( Sorry for this hissyfit....

UrbanRats

So it could be due to their servers being down? I'll go to dinner and see what's up later, then.

There seem to be a problem with MY internet connection??!! Oh man....I am going to play Risk of Rain or BoI.... Fuck U, I want to PLAY :( Sorry for this hissyfit....
It told me the same thing at one point.
I'm posting through sheer will power, apparently.

Top Bottom