• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

spats

BopFXKoIYAA2Vio.jpg

watch catz

Gaz_RB

Pretty much agree with that.

T-Bone is the only likeable character and Defalt is the only good villian. On Act V now and Damien has full access and hacks everything except for blockers and spikes, the two things that could actually stop me?

Yup.

And T-Bone doesn't even get introduced until the game is almost over! Some very poor narrative choices. For a little bit, I thought the relationship between Clara and Aiden could actually be interesting, but then they just didn't expand on anything. I just felt like the game focused on all the wrong things, storywise. Wait til you get to the ending lol.

danthefan

Game is €60 on Steam. Apart from mad early access stuff, I can't remember a game being €60 on Steam before. Needless to say I am not paying that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I bought the game digitally for PS4.

What's the point of letting you play it, if the game data isn't fully installed?

I got to the end of the stadium, and now I'm stuck at a very slow moving loading screen that's hovering around 50 percent. It says the game data is now being installed, which I assume means the open world environment. There's no way the game's installing that slowly, so it must be a glitch.

Checking online, it seems like the issue is wide spread. Anyone find any work-arounds or ways to speed it up? It seriously feels like corporate level trolling.

For what it's worth...the opening was cool, and looked great.

Yep, full game past that point. Not the greatest showing of the "Install a portion of the game to start playing" technology. Think there's maybe 5-10 minutes of game before that point.

I really like the driving in this game. Still, I don't know if I'd say it's better than GTA V's, it definitely has its own unique feel and it isn't a ton of peppered donkey shit like Sleeping Dog's. This definitely has the best motorcycles in a sandbox game to date though, far better than GTA V's which Rockstar decided to regress for some reason.

basefree

So I come home after long day at work (it is 7:30 PM here), soaked wet from harsh rain over 30 minute walk, ready to install Watch Dogs....

When uplay does not work.

Wooohooo!

Anyway, I am downloading the game via Origin itself. I hope it will work somehow. I hope I will be able to logon once it is installed.

Same here. Rushed home so I could squeeze in some extra minutes. Ubisoft fail!

Moozo

What on earth does 'knocked down' mean with regard to convoys? Also, what's the best way to take one on? I feel helpless in a car against people who can shoot at me.

Andrew.

Banned
it isn't a ton of peppered donkey shit like Sleeping Dog's.

I guess Im a fan of peppered donkey shit then. Spicy.

I have a feeling I'll get quickly adjusted to the driving. Part of the problem is that I havent played an open world game with driving since GTAV back in September. It's been awhile.

What on earth does 'knocked down' mean with regard to convoys? Also, what's the best way to take one on? I feel helpless in a car against people who can shoot at me.

You need to get out of the car and use the melee takedown on the target.

I like to get ahead of them on the route, park my car on the side of the road and use it for cover and set off a steam pipe to disable the cars and make them get out of the car

Hasney

Oh fuck that

Jordi isn't mentioned for ages and this is just killed with a QTE. A 5 second heel turn

I've ragged on the story a lot, but the ending is even worse than the rest.

EDIT:
Or not killed. Post credits make it even worse

iamvin22

Industry Verified
So for the people who have started playing it how do you like it so far?

i love it. the hacking, driving(once you get use to it) hotspots, conversations is all pretty cool.
im trying right now to nail it down right now when to jump on a soon to be crime
. lots of fun and i have only done 1 mission.

Moozo

You need to get out of the car and use the melee takedown on the target.

I like to get ahead of them on the route, park my car on the side of the road and use it for cover and set off a steam pipe to disable the cars and make them get out of the car

Thanks. How do I get close without being shot?

i love it. the hacking, driving(once you get use to it) hotspots, conversations is all pretty cool.
im trying right now to nail it down right now when to jump on a soon to be crime
. lots of fun and i have only done 1 mission.

I agree mate there is such so much stuff to do!

Andrew.

Banned
What exactly is a Hotspot? Is it online only? Singleplayer focused?

Im real early in but you can spoil it for me. No big deal.

JB1981

I just put 90 minutes into the PlayStation 4 version.

Loving it!

Not only am I enjoying the gameplay, which I already assumed would be pretty solid, but I honestly think the graphics are great. Not the best looking thing I've played on the PS4, but definitely has a next-gen shine to it that I wouldn't be feeling on the PS3.

Really the only issue I have with the PS4 version is the lack of anti-aliasing. 900p looks almost indistinguishable from 1080p even on my 55 inch LED, so the resolution isn't a big concern

Kind of agree. BF4 is 900p and I think it looks better than KZ: SF.

SRTtoZ

I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice the 900p but honestly, the game still looks great and doesn't take away from the game at all. This coming from a resolution whore.

Gaz_RB

Oh fuck that

Jordi isn't mentioned for ages and this is just killed with a QTE. A 5 second heel turn

I've ragged on the story a lot, but the ending is even worse than the rest.

EDIT:
Or not killed. Post credits make it even worse

Yup. Definitely setting up for DLC/WD2

I don't really think the ending made sense for Jordi's character. If he was going to turn on Aiden, I feel like he would have done it earlier.

cripterion

Man are people playing this on pc? Haven't been able to get into any online decryption game so far... Online hacking took me 10 minutes to find a target.

And so weird about the ubi servers being down for everyone, been playing all afternoon and online has been up ever since, might be just for America?

Yep, full game past that point. Not the greatest showing of the "Install a portion of the game to start playing" technology. Think there's maybe 5-10 minutes of game before that point.

Yeah I'm sitting here waiting "installing 74%" after the game "fully installed". Digital download fail.

Top Bottom