• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Nintyb

Banned
The graphics are pretty average on 360 and the driving model leaves a lot to be desired. Outside of those complaints, I'm digging it a lot.

ekim

Man, the colors they use for evening are remarkable. They feel startlingly realistic at times for some reason.

6GM.png

Where is this DOF effect coming from?

Zakalwe

Banned
Just received an update for Uplay. It's let me back in.

Try again everyone!

EDIT: Scratch that, it updated, let me in, then crashed and brought up the same error as reported above.

Bler

Cubed

I just put 90 minutes into the PlayStation 4 version.

Loving it!

Not only am I enjoying the gameplay, which I already assumed would be pretty solid, but I honestly think the graphics are great. Not the best looking thing I've played on the PS4, but definitely has a next-gen shine to it that I wouldn't be feeling on the PS3.

Really the only issue I have with the PS4 version is the lack of anti-aliasing. 900p looks almost indistinguishable from 1080p even on my 55 inch LED, so the resolution isn't a big concern, and I feel the texture-quality is about an 8/10, but those jaggies, man. It's not enough to make me stop the game or hinder my enjoyment in any real way, it's just something that I know they could've definitely done better considering the power of the PlayStation 4 and the fact that this game is not even running in 1080p. I will say that the frame rate holds up and seems to be completely locked at 30 FPS no matter how chaotic things get.

GavinUK86

Does anyone know what's up with some of the computer monitors in the scenery? Like, I feel like we're pretty far out for CRTs to make sense in the environments. Was there a story point I didn't catch to justify it?

i8O5BKCuA5EVi.gif

That's the monitor graveyard. Every high tech office has one. ;)

Every high tech office? My spare room is pretty much a monitor graveyard. Hell, it's a 90's technology graveyard.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
"he asked if I used a proxy and I said yes"

*stares blankly*

Anyway, you should always call back to get another agent who will bend to your will. Just hang up on the annoying ho ass savvy ones.

Sorry, I don't lie when it's not necessary and I'm certainly not going to lie about using a proxy. And I have better things to do with my time than argue with an underpaid CS drone in India.

not sure if im making to right decision to skip watch dogs sorta can't believe i did either but something is holding me back from pulling the trigger and buying it.

Skyzard

Banned
not sure if im making to right decision to skip watch dogs sorta can't believe i did either but something is holding me back from pulling the trigger and buying it.

Probably because it looks like basically GTA, now without the extra lighting. (haven't played it yet so...blame ubi though)

Sciortino

So for the people who have started playing it how do you like it so far?

Only put about 2hrs into it and Im really liking it so far. Shooting is tight, but the driving mechanics are sloppy as hell. After all the hate the game got for its graphics, Im pleasantly surprised at how good it looks on PS4. Some areas look a lot better than others, and the game truly shines during the night time.

jtrov

So uhhh, I take a break from playing the game to grab something to eat and now whenever I try to continue the game I am presented with a never ending loading screen. Looks like it gets to about 95% and then just doesn't move. Left it on for like 10 mins and nothing, with the music still running and the loading animation still repeating.

Anyone experience this at all? 5 Tries later and nothing. Tempted to try New Game, but I dont want to lose my save if New Game ends up doing nothing. Playing on Xbox One.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Driving controls are straight trash. Beyond that, I really enjoyed what I've played so far. Stealth and shooting mechanics are all solid, story seems fairly interesting. I'm excited to dive into this when I get some free time.

Hasney

Well the end of act 4 was dumb.

Hack an old man's pacemaker when it would have been more satisfying to shoot him and the woman that basically got my niece killed, Aidens motivation for the entire game, gets killed and I'm supposed to feel bad about that? No. Oh well, final act

Also, I can't stop the sad music until I do Act 5. Uni plus.

Started my ps4 download right as the game popped up last night, took 3 hours to download the 3 gb file. Ps4 turned off at some point in the night, now im just over the halfway point. Why in the world did I go digital

Dante316

How do I check how much of the game is installed on ps4? It wont let me continue after 31% installed but I dont see where to look?

So is the "Exclusive content" on the PS4 version worthwhile? Debating whether or not I'm going to use the code as I'll likely be selling the game after finishing.

Denton

So I come home after long day at work (it is 7:30 PM here), soaked wet from harsh rain over 30 minute walk, ready to install Watch Dogs....

When uplay does not work.

Wooohooo!

Anyway, I am downloading the game via Origin itself. I hope it will work somehow. I hope I will be able to logon once it is installed.

Skyzard

Banned
So I come home after long day at work (it is 7:30 PM here), soaked wet from harsh rain over 30 minute walk, ready to install Watch Dogs....

When uplay does not work.

Wooohooo!

Anyway, I am downloading the game via Origin itself. I hope it will work somehow. I hope I will be able to logon once it is installed.

Join the club :p

Ubisoft fail. And they had the nerve to not allow pre-loading too. fucque j000

Rikkun

I've seen many CRTs hooked up to servers and such.

Also yeah, Uplay is down for me too, I've been trying to access it for 5 hours from the companion app but no luck.

I have no idea how to start the AR mini-games. I go to the place on my minimap but nothing happens. If I rotate the camera, the AR marker on the minimap changes position. Strange.

Gaz_RB

Well the end of act 4 was dumb.

Hack an old man's pacemaker when it would have been more satisfying to shoot him and the woman that basically got my niece killed, Aidens motivation for the entire game, gets killed and I'm supposed to feel bad about that? No. Oh well, final act

Also, I can't stop the sad music until I do Act 5. Uni plus.

Yeah the story gets really dumb. They dragged out the Nicky stuff way too long. I thought that was going to be like two missions. And don't get me started on what a horrible, boring, and annoying villain Damien is. Act V is pretty stupid as well, might as well just get it over with.

My feelings on the story is that the individual missions are really damn cool/fun, but the storyline linking them together is pretty much trash. Most of the characters I actually liked aren't given nearly enough screentime.

Hasney

Yeah the story gets really dumb. They dragged out the Nicky stuff way too long. I thought that was going to be like two missions. And don't get me started on what a horrible, boring, and annoying villain Damien is. Act V is pretty stupid as well, might as well just get it over with.

My feelings on the story is that the individual missions are really damn cool/fun, but the storyline linking them together is pretty much trash. Most of the characters I actually liked aren't given nearly enough screentime.

Pretty much agree with that.

T-Bone is the only likeable character and Defalt is the only good villian. On Act V now and Damien has full access and hacks everything except for blockers and spikes, the two things that could actually stop me?

Denton

Join the club :p

Ubisoft fail. And they had the nerve to not allow pre-loading too. fucque j000

"We are experiencing issues with the authentication services. Players may experience long delays when trying to login in-game. More to come."

They really are utterly moronic for not allowing preload. Jesus F. Christ.

Daft_Cat

I bought the game digitally for PS4.

What's the point of letting you play it, if the game data isn't fully installed?

I got to the end of the stadium, and now I'm stuck at a very slow moving loading screen that's hovering around 50 percent. It says the game data is now being installed, which I assume means the open world environment. There's no way the game's installing that slowly, so it must be a glitch.

Checking online, it seems like the issue is wide spread. Anyone find any work-arounds or ways to speed it up? It seriously feels like corporate level trolling.

For what it's worth...the opening was cool, and looked great.

Forgot to ask anyone playing on the Xbox One?

Yeah, done a few hours. Graphics wise, don't listen to those who say it looks worse than GTAV. Nighttime graphics are very good and though it suffers in the daytime, everything is still clear. Framerate is smooth, only noticed some tearing during a cutscene.

Gameplay is solid fun, with some neat moments. Nothing has truly wowed me yet, but I'll be in a better position to judge, once I've unlocked more skills. Driving is decent, seems to be what you'd get if you combined the last 2 GTA games. Gunplay is great though and it definitely feels like they've taken bits from Splinter Cell.

Story isn't too interesting so far, but I've only done a small bit of the campaign. Overall, I'd say it's good for a 7/10 from what I've played.

Top Bottom