• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Hasney

Yup. Definitely setting up for DLC/WD2

I don't really think the ending made sense for Jordi's character. If he was going to turn on Aiden, I feel like he would have done it earlier.

He was behind him with a damn sniper rifle when taking down Iraq, could have popped him with no mess. He would have made a good boss battle if they pulled the trigger earlier.

Also, the one story choice is right at the end? lol. I just popped him so it could finish ASAP. No idea what Maurice talks about.

What on earth does 'knocked down' mean with regard to convoys? Also, what's the best way to take one on? I feel helpless in a car against people who can shoot at me.

You have to beat them down with melee-- aka the 'o' button. Its dumb since you have to be next to them..I don't understand why you can't just shoot them. What I like to do is set up a choke point along their route block it off with cars and such then use the cars as cover while is hoot out tires/or set up mines and just go to town on them. Make sure to kill everyone except the target then just run up to him and beat his ass

ekim

This game is so beautiful most of the time. Especially at daytime when it rains and the wind is going strong.
And the more I think about it, the more I find the lighting very realistic.

Just finished playing but uplay wasn't down for me. At first it had to keep trying to connect every time I used that Foursquare checkin, but then it was always on. Even got a multiplayer invite randomly....which I turned down.

Raven77

Leaving work soon and need to know if I should pick this up.

I love open world games, I love being able to explore. The story is a bonus but honestly I would have adored and loved GTA V even if it didnt have a story. The game world is most important to me. Collectibles don't hurt either and I love when there are secrets to find.

geeko

Went to pick it up at midnight and there was about 25 people there for it. One guy purchased it for Pc, me and one other dude for Xbox One, two xbox 360, none for PS3, and the rest were PS4. Slightly lopsided split there. There was a pretty odd coincidence, me and the other guy buying the Xbox one version share the same first and middle name Gregory Michael. I also won a raffle for a numbered picture which was cool.

So far I'm enjoying the game but I have not put a lot of time in yet. I have today off and will put a good chunk in.

Hasney

I love open world games, I love being able to explore. The story is a bonus but honestly I would have adored and loved GTA V even if it didnt have a story. The game world is most important to me. Collectibles don't hurt either and I love when there are secrets to find.

The lack of melee really hurts the sandbox for me and the opinion on the driving is clearly very mixed (I'm on the "don't like it" side).

The side missions are pretty great though. I may play it again just for the human trafficking and weapons missions.

The lack of melee really hurts the sandbox for me and the opinion on the driving is clearly very mixed (I'm on the "don't like it" side).

The side missions are pretty great though. I may play it again just for the human trafficking and weapons missions.

Lack of melee? He has takedowns which are melee.

He was behind him with a damn sniper rifle when taking down Iraq, could have popped him with no mess. He would have made a good boss battle if they pulled the trigger earlier.

Also, the one story choice is right at the end? lol. I just popped him so it could finish ASAP. No idea what Maurice talks about.

You killed him??? Did you collect the burner phones before you did that? Dude was forced into doing what he did and blah blah blah

Raven77

No melee??? Odd. I had no issues with the driving in GTA IV or V so I'm sure it wont bother me.

What about the game world itself, does it feel pretty alive and explorable?

Hasney

You killed him??? Did you collect the burner phones before you did that? Dude was forced into doing what he did and blah blah blah

Nah, I stopped caring by that point. As soon as I could, I just headshotted him to finish the game up

Lack of melee? He has takedowns which are melee.

Yeah, that's pretty lacking for me. I can't even do it to random pedestrians and laugh with a golf club. I'm not expecting a giant dildo like Saints Row, but random melee is just fun.

No melee??? Odd. I had no issues with the driving in GTA IV or V so I'm sure it wont bother me.

What about the game world itself, does it feel pretty alive and explorable?

I do like the fact that people are doing things, like rap battles and hacking peoples conversations while they're on the phone, so it can be fun to wander around from time to time. That gives it a lot of life.

I don't think you find much from exploring. All the secrets are on the map once you hack the ctOS towers (which is a fun puzzle in itself).

Gaz_RB

yeah I just shot him. Took me a second to remember who he even was lol

Wow. Now I feel like an asshole.

Crumbtiny

I'd say go for it. I picked it up at midnight so i only played for an hour or so. It's got a great opening and I was immediately impressed by the amont of stuff to unlock. Lots of skills, outfits, unlockable weapons, side missions and collectibles.

What I love about it though is how competent it is as a stealth game. Hack cameras for recon, use distractions, craft tools and weapons on the spot, use your silenced pistol to pull of headshots, you can really feel like a sneaky badass. And the controls to do all of it feels fantastic, solid cover system and shooting and scooting mechanics.

Well worth your time friend!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was able to log into uplay... but, I downloaded it from origin, and in Uplay it just says, "download." Launching it from origin just takes me to uplay?

What? I downloaded 24 gigs of something through origin... The Uplay download is for 14 and it's starting from scratch. My download speeds happen to be awful right so it's really not ideal

it's nice to have all of these overlapping services between me and a game, it is convenient

Moozo

You have to beat them down with melee-- aka the 'o' button. Its dumb since you have to be next to them..I don't understand why you can't just shoot them. What I like to do is set up a choke point along their route block it off with cars and such then use the cars as cover while is hoot out tires/or set up mines and just go to town on them. Make sure to kill everyone except the target then just run up to him and beat his ass

Thank you. I ended up just whipping the assault rifle out after trying a number of the hacks which were ineffective. Perhaps I haven't progressed enough to be doing these yet.

I feel like when it all falls in to place with the progression it will really click. Although at the moment I am surprised at the lack of depth in the tutorials. Perhaps they went too far the other way after ACIII.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, shit can go south in a hurry when you're discovered. I even had the cops called on me because a criminal shot at me while chasing him.

The criminal takedowns have a great brutal crunch to them though.

Aces&Eights

So Gafpc are in full meltdown because apparently uplay is down and people cannot launch the game. How is it for my ps4 brothers and sisters? Any problems logging in?

Edit: I'm at work and can't get my copy until 5pm. Reeeally hoping I don't get connection errors tonight.

Gaz_RB

In regards to narrative, the idea that you have to "Knock Down" the leader of a hideout or convoy is silly.

Gameplay wise, it's a great mechanic. Convoys would be stupid easy without it to limit you.

Dominator

I'm trying to do all of the CTS breaches and the towers.

Looking at the map after doing them, I'm completely overwhelmed. I felt this way about AC4 too. I feel like there is something to do on every street corner its nuts.

Raven77

I'd say go for it. I picked it up at midnight so i only played for an hour or so. It's got a great opening and I was immediately impressed by the amont of stuff to unlock. Lots of skills, outfits, unlockable weapons, side missions and collectibles.

What I love about it though is how competent it is as a stealth game. Hack cameras for recon, use distractions, craft tools and weapons on the spot, use your silenced pistol to pull of headshots, you can really feel like a sneaky badass. And the controls to do all of it feels fantastic, solid cover system and shooting and scooting mechanics.

Well worth your time friend!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Wow I had no idea the stealth component was that competent. I love stealth games so this just became a definite buy for me!

Tamanon

Banned
So Gafpc are in full meltdown because apparently uplay is down and people cannot launch the game. How is it for my ps4 brothers and sisters? Any problems logging in?

Edit: I'm at work and can't get my copy until 5pm. Reeeally hoping I don't get connection errors tonight.

Just get the message about not connecting to uplay, but loads on PS4 just fine.

Aces&Eights

Doesn't finish loading, hangs on around 90% on the initial world load. PS4.

Online mode? I know you have to register your uplay when first launching a Ubisoft game. I'm not too bothered if I can't do MP but will be pissed if I can't play sp.

Edit: thanks Tam! As long as I can play people won't get hurt, lol.

So, how do I hack into a friends game?

If anyone can tell me that'd be great. Spoiler tag it if needed.

I'm not that far in, literally just unlocked my first CTOS Tower.

Nah, I stopped caring by that point. As soon as I could, I just headshotted him to finish the game up

Yeah, that's pretty lacking for me. I can't even do it to random pedestrians and laugh with a golf club. I'm not expecting a giant dildo like Saints Row, but random melee is just fun.

I do like the fact that people are doing things, like rap battles and hacking peoples conversations while they're on the phone, so it can be fun to wander around from time to time. That gives it a lot of life.

I don't think you find much from exploring. All the secrets are on the map once you hack the ctOS towers (which is a fun puzzle in itself).

Oh I've never tried it with pedestrians. That does suck actually.

Game looks good sometimes.

watch_dogs_2014_05_27_14_24_25_13_by_confidence_man-d7jyy2a.jpg

How do you disable the HUD though? I see some screens without it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Origin people I guess:

By getting uPlay into Offline Mode and then launching "Watch_Dogs.exe" from the install folder, I was able to at least launch the client for the first time.

Please keep updates about their servers coming in this thread because I definitely want to be able to play online...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Online mode? I know you have to register your uplay when first launching a Ubisoft game. I'm not too bothered if I can't do MP but will be pissed if I can't play sp.

Edit: thanks Tam! As long as I can play people won't get hurt, lol.
Offline mode. :(
Was online, quit to main menu for a break, came back and can no longer play.

Top Bottom