• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

infe|2no

Neo Member
yes added my psn
infeL2no0

i am the most easy to hack, i can't drive a car more than 5seconds without exploding it against a wall or something

Dawg

I apologize but I am new here and not sure what quote to reveal means. Thanks!

BTW, I did find the spreadsheet and added myself to it. PSN: dfoz3. :)

If you quote the OP, you will find a spreadsheet link way at the bottom in EMAIL tags.

Just trying to prevent a random non-gaffer reading this thread and deleting the entire thing.

Arun1910

Which retailers are doing this? They usually ship for Monday so delivery Tuesday due to the holiday.

Well they would ship monday, if it wasnt a bank holiday....

Tesco are doing it, Simply are also doing it. ShopTo most likely will as well.

I am almost 100% sure every retailer in the UK will ship on Friday as they dont work saturdays, and monday shipping is obv out the picture. Everyone who pre orders should get it Saturday.

Free In Game Gun

Just text "watchdogs" to 89800

Thanks. It gets you this:

The MP-412 is a Russian icon, with a classy revolver design. Its larger bullets pack a punch.

Image of the real-life gun from Google.

401px-Mp-412-1.jpg

I am almost 100% sure every retailer in the UK will ship on Friday as they dont work saturdays, and monday shipping is obv out the picture. Everyone who pre orders should get it Saturday.

What about Amazon UK - my expected delivery date is the 27th

Certinty

They could tell RM to hold them back until Tuesday though, right?

andshrew

ShopTo shipped Wolfenstein (another Tuesday release) Saturday which makes we wonder why they won't do the same for this ie. It'll be delivered on release day rather than a day early like usual.

I was just wondering which retailers said they would do it extra early.

Arun1910

ShopTo shipped Wolfenstein (another Tuesday release) Saturday which makes we wonder why they won't do the same for this ie. It'll be delivered on release day rather than a day early like usual.

I was just wondering which retailers said they would do it extra early.

Thats odd seeing as their website says this:

"All orders through the Royal Mail delivery service will be dispatched up until 5.20pm (Monday –Friday), with TNT & DPD deliveries up until 5.00pm (Monday –Friday)"

I emailed Amazon as well as Simply and Tesco. Amazon customer service did not help at all so I can't help, sorry.

They could, but its risky. Its the day after the bank holiday. They will have a days worth more mail to ship out.

Well I could change my order to Tescos, but the standard delivery says it will be on or before Friday 30th, in this a standard message and they've made other plans for the bank holiday?

andshrew

Thats odd seeing as their website says this:

"All orders through the Royal Mail delivery service will be dispatched up until 5.20pm (Monday –Friday), with TNT & DPD deliveries up until 5.00pm (Monday –Friday)"

Odviously Tuesday release isn't the norm so they can do things outside their generic message. They shipped it in time for delivery Monday so either very late Friday evening or on Saturday.

fuuuck forget memorial day weekend is this weekend, why the FUCK is this coming out tuesday after :(

Agreed, UBI could have had people playing this game for 3-4 days straight if it was released on the 23rd instead of the 27th. That said, I am taking a PTO day on the 27th but the wait over the weekend will be terrible. MUST. KEEP. BUSY!!

cormack12

Gold Member
Ah, thanks!

That's incorrect. I was watching a stream the other day. That trophy pertains to the 'tailing' multiplayer game mode.

When someone invades your game on the hacking missions you get a notification saying a contract is out on you or something (screen text was a bit low qual.) You then get a radius where the opponent is to try and search for them. Doesn't seem too big but I'm not sure of map scale on the mini map.

When the invading player thinks he has found a safe place to start the hack, you get another notification saying your data is being stolen. You then have to find them. So theoretically you can invade, see what the other person is doing then decide where to hide based on that. I would suggest that a common tactic will be to invade, hide, let them scan a CCTV feed to profile NPC's then when they move on perform your hack from that place as they think they've already scanned it.

The tailing game mode, I only saw one game for. But it looks like the opponent gets the same invasion notification then you have to profile them before they find you by profiling everyone else. Looked more luck based this game mode.

Tamanon

Banned
Picked up my PS4 yesterday and stoked for the game! Really loving everything I've seen/read thus far. PSN name added to the spreadsheet.

Jhn

The tailing game mode, I only saw one game for. But it looks like the opponent gets the same invasion notification then you have to profile them before they find you by profiling everyone else. Looked more luck based this game mode.

This is directly contrary to some of the info released when the multiplayer reveal was going on. Serveral sources claimed the invadee does not get notified at all, if he doesn't profile the invader. If it's true what you say, I'm a lot less excited for this.

Top Bottom