• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Gaz_RB

WTF IS THIS?

WTF IS THIS?

UBISFT U HAKS!

I am so offended by this downgrade. I demand an apology or I will never buy a ubisoft game again. I am super serious.

iamthedogethatwatches was right all along...

That's incorrect. I was watching a stream the other day. That trophy pertains to the 'tailing' multiplayer game mode.

When someone invades your game on the hacking missions you get a notification saying a contract is out on you or something (screen text was a bit low qual.) You then get a radius where the opponent is to try and search for them. Doesn't seem too big but I'm not sure of map scale on the mini map.

When the invading player thinks he has found a safe place to start the hack, you get another notification saying your data is being stolen. You then have to find them. So theoretically you can invade, see what the other person is doing then decide where to hide based on that. I would suggest that a common tactic will be to invade, hide, let them scan a CCTV feed to profile NPC's then when they move on perform your hack from that place as they think they've already scanned it.

The tailing game mode, I only saw one game for. But it looks like the opponent gets the same invasion notification then you have to profile them before they find you by profiling everyone else. Looked more luck based this game mode.

Thanks. Man that mode is going to be so awesome.

I wonder if we can sit down or if there are other methods of blending in?

aristotle

Wish I had a cellphone. I'd get the weapon. Oh well. I'm sure I won't need it but I hate being all super-collector about the games I have.

This is why the UK wins for once. Ours are shipping Thursday/Friday so they should come Saturday :D

Not if your with ShopTo for your order.
Just seen on there main page for your account when signed in this:

WATCH_DOGS DELIVERY INFORMATION
If you have WATCH_DOGS on pre-order with us please note the following delivery information:

We will begin processing pre-orders from Wednesday May 21st. All pre-orders will collected by Royal Mail on Saturday 24th for expected delivery on Tuesday 27th, the official UK release date.

If you have a pre-order for WATCH_DOGS DEADSEC_EDITION, this will be dispatched via DPD courier for delivery on Tuesday 27th as well.

I foolishly started to re-play LA Noire and Far cry 3 also i will be getting Wolf & Transistor tomorrow i hope i do not burn my self out by the time Watchdogs arrives!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Free In Game Gun

Just text "watchdogs" to 89800

Thanks!

Downgrade confirmed!?!?!
1C932B16-0F71-4C12-8198-C80C556B2E26.jpg

I added myself to the list, but I will bite later.

It's strange, there is no PS4 Standard Edition on Amazon Germany - and it's also not available at the Spielegrotte. Such wonder. Much missing.

DarkFlow

Banned
You should probably go look in the thread about ubisoft giving nexus 7s to journos at the preview event. I believe a British journalist called the game wank. Some gaffers who have played the game also complained about performance issues. Finally, we did have a review drop early and it wasn't to positive. Research first, I'm just passing along the info.

How can a new IP be critically acclaimed? It has no history and it can only win awards after its been reviewed and released. Being best of show at e3 doesn't count.

Finally the downgrade is significant. It is probably the biggest downgrade I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. Ubisoft has a history when it comes to downgrades so why are you defending them and supporting an embarrassing practice?
Is this iamthedogethatwatches main account? I don't think you can pack anymore more FUD into a single post.

SlickVic

I feel I want this game more because a sandbox Chicago sounds like it'll be good fun to explore, and I'm just hoping the game around it is at least decent. And having recently gotten a new computer, I'm curious to see how it holds up trying to run this.

Also, I was hoping the nVidia codes on eBay would hit $25, but it now seems prices there are starting to climb up. Last week there were a few for $30, but this week it seems like they're mostly in the low $40's range. Perhaps demand has started to outpace the supply of codes with the release date coming up.

dandoolan

So I've just spoken to the Amazon customer service people. I have this game pre-ordered in the UK using normal first class. The estimated delivery date is indeed the 27th, but the Amazon rep confirmed game is being dispatched on the 23rd. Which is Friday.

This does mean it's possible some of the preorders may arrive on Saturday, but it's worth noting that first class is technically two business days, so those who do not receive it Saturday will not get it until Tuesday as Monday is a bank holiday.

It's also possible that they are requesting Royal Mail hold off delivering the packages until Tuesday. They did this with GTA and even though my copy of that dispatched 3 days early, it arrived on release day. But with that said, some people who pre-ordered GTA back then reported receiving it early from Amazon UK despite this, so evidently the Royal Mail don't always hold off on these packages.

I can't confirm this will be the same for everyone, but here's the chat I had to confirm.

ScreenShot2014-05-20at191817.png

Doge continues to be a dick.

BUT. It is good to know that Aiden is not
bald under that stupid cap. This mean we can choose to not wear the cap and put on a baller suit?

Daffy Duck

So I've just spoken to the Amazon customer service people. I have this game pre-ordered in the UK using normal first class. The estimated delivery date is indeed the 27th, but the Amazon rep confirmed game is being dispatched on the 23rd. Which is Friday.

This does mean it's possible some of the preorders may arrive on Saturday, but it's worth noting that first class is technically two business days, so those who do not receive it Saturday will not get it until Tuesday as Monday is a bank holiday.

It's also possible that they are requesting Royal Mail hold off delivering the packages until Tuesday. They did this with GTA and even though my copy of that dispatched 3 days early. It arrived on release day. But with that said, some people who pre-ordered that reported receiving it early from Amazon UK, they evidently the Royal Mail don't always hold off on these packages.

I can't confirm this will be the same for everyone, but here's the chat I had to confirm.

ScreenShot2014-05-20at191817.png

Hope with Amazon prime I do get it Saturday.

Doge continues to be a dick.

BUT. It is good to know that Aiden is not
bald under that stupid cap. This mean we can choose to not wear the cap and put on a baller suit?

No. That scene is from prison.
Apparently the different suits are just the same suit with different colors and materials. Pic
There might still be a slim chance of not having the suit on but I doubt it.

The above pic was from the beta so who knows. Believe?

you can't wrap an img with a spoiler. i tried.
you ppl always crying. jesus grow up

Stop calling the kettle black, pot.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Fuck that. I'll preorder with Amazon and Tesco and see what happens...
You'll get it after everyone else, I did this before
One game from Shopto the other from Amazon, both released on a Friday
Shopto: Thursday (Day before release)
Amazon Prime: Saturday (Day after release)
It annoyed me because I pay for prime and the delivery date change on the day.

dandoolan

You'll get it after everyone else, I did this before
One game from Shopto the other from Amazon, both released on a Friday
Shopto: Thursday (Day before release)
Amazon Prime: Saturday (Day after release)
It annoyed me because I pay for prime and the delivery date change on the day.

Prime ALWAYS fucks up release day delivery. Did that to me with Stick Of Truth.

You're better off with standard Royal Mail.

How is Canadian Prime for release date delivery? I've preordered WD for next week and Wolfenstein for today to try out the free trial, but I'm not sure it's worth keeping.

Is it time to put down the doge?

Ordinarily I would say no. I want to see him reach the fever pitch crescendo he's heading towards.

But if he starts posting spoilers, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Prime ALWAYS fucks up release day delivery. Did that to me with Stick Of Truth.

You're better off with standard Royal Mail.
They are great for just buying something in stock, you'll get it next day but pre-orders it's on the day or after regardless if it's Prime, free or express delivery.

TalonJH

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but apparently there is another early review. This one is from a French magazine.

Jeux Vidéo Magazine

Gameplay: 5 stars
Everything works perfectly, the ultra-intuitive hacking allows for exhilarating moments in the game.

Graphics: 5 stars
Very solid on the technical level, especially in the sensation of life that makes Watch_Dogs great.

Sound: 4 stars
Excellent ambient music and sound effects, but the track selection is a little limited.

Longevity: 5 stars
Because it’s a open world featuring multiplayer, there there’s an extreme amount of interesting things to do.

Pros:
Gameplay and level design
The life in Chicago
Generous content

Cons:
The Story, blah!
The first loading
That’s all!
Conclusion:
Watch_Dogs accomplished all the hopes placed on it and delivers a successful new take on open world games. Almost perfect, but with a slight disappointment on the story.

Final Score: 19 out of 20

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/20/watch_dogs-first-legit-review-gives-it-a-19-out-of-20-calls-it-almost-perfect-technically-very-solid/

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but apparently there is another early review. This one is from a French magazine.

Jeux Vidéo Magazine

Gameplay: 5 stars
Everything works perfectly, the ultra-intuitive hacking allows for exhilarating moments in the game.

Graphics: 5 stars
Very solid on the technical level, especially in the sensation of life that makes Watch_Dogs great.

Sound: 4 stars
Excellent ambient music and sound effects, but the track selection is a little limited.

Longevity: 5 stars
Because it’s a open world featuring multiplayer, there there’s an extreme amount of interesting things to do.

Pros:
Gameplay and level design
The life in Chicago
Generous content

Cons:
The Story, blah!
The first loading
That’s all!
Conclusion:
Watch_Dogs accomplished all the hopes placed on it and delivers a successful new take on open world games. Almost perfect, but with a slight disappointment on the story.

Final Score: 19 out of 20

http://i.imgur.com/hp5GikU.jpg

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/20/watch_dogs-first-legit-review-gives-it-a-19-out-of-20-calls-it-almost-perfect-technically-very-solid/

Great score but shame about the story :/

dandoolan

They are great for just buying something in stock, you'll get it next day but pre-orders it's on the day or after regardless if it's Prime, free or express delivery.

When I've chosen normal first class, I've received many of my pre-orders early from Amazon. Admittedly most do arrive on release day, but the rest are early. Never late.

In fact, the only time I got a pre-order late was when I used prime.

Nydius

"The story, blah!" - I wish we knew more about why the reviewer thought it was "blah".
Too cliche?
Spandex. It's a privilege, not a right.
Not the reviewer's cup of tea?
Too bland and/or monotonous?
Too many leaps of logic or disjointed story telling?

There's so many reasons someone could say "blah". =/

Top Bottom