• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

The only car I feel good in is the Uplay stealth one. I have the nemesis trench coat, I'm not that big of a fan of it. How do I unlock my season pass/pre-order bonuses?

Trigonx

Pleasantly surprised at this game. Played for a few hours and enjoyed it so far.

I loved how someone got into my game and tried hacking me, I chased him down and shot him from a distance with a sniper rifle. Bet he didn't expect that, and next time he should not grab the slowest car in the city to run from me with.

krioto

The graphics and framerate on the ps4 version are terrible to be honest. Why did I buy this game :-(
This is not true, framerate is solid.

Game is actually quite fun, hacking is addictive, and I think the driving is fine.

No complaints so far - there is so much content, and some of it is pretty whacky

cormack12

Gold Member
Seem to be stuck now. After the first fixer, it just keeps searching for me to hack someone. Don't seem to be able to skip it to carry on with main storyline - this the same for everyone else?

Downloaded at lightning speed on PSN and of course see Uplay can't connect. I remember last fall trying to do the daily on Rayman Legenda and fighting to connect over and over. With their emphasis on connectivity you'd think they had a service that just tracks stuff ready 24/7.

megalowho

Really appreciate how dense the game is with superfluous information and points of interaction, some neat bits of writing in there. The civilian surveillance stuff in general seems well executed - jumping around cameras, listening in on conversations, transferring money and unlocking new items, music or quests just by standing on a street corner is a fresh way to interact with your surroundings. Alongside impressive NPC animation and detailed environments there's a lot to like about Chicago in Watch Dogs. A lively open world city to soak in and explore, if a little dour in places.

Not sure about Aiden as a character yet, he's not too likeable and a bit of a blank slate with a gruff voice so I don't have high hopes. Causing unintended violence in pursuit of some minor evidence in my own revenge quest doesn't feel right. Context aside the activity and mission slate has been more fun than frustrating so far, even if most objectives cover familiar territory. Stealth segments are a highlight.

No problems with the driving mechanics, cockpit view and an on-screen GPS are both always welcome. Car escapes a little less so; the CtOS triggers feel pretty video gamey here and it's hard to avoid pedestrians while navigating alleyways at high speed, which affects your good/bad guy rating. Radio implementation and song selection doesn't seem like anything special, enjoying just listening to the sounds of the city while getting around.

Positive early impressions overall. It's the most GTA-like Ubisoft Open World Experience yet but has enough new tricks to carve out its own identity, or at the very least lays down a solid foundation for one.

Disguises

The online in this is so fun, it's ridiculous. lol
Not for me. The game tells me an online job is available only for it to spew me an error: "Game session no longer available" when I accept.
Seem to be stuck now. After the first fixer, it just keeps searching for me to hack someone. Don't seem to be able to skip it to carry on with main storyline - this the same for everyone else?
I just drove around attempting to find someone for a while then the game just accepted that no one could be found and I could carry on with the campaign

When it couldn't find anyone for me, Aiden just said he couldn't find anyone and it continued the campaign (PS4). It may be borked on other platforms though.

Yeah, that's pretty lacking for me. I can't even do it to random pedestrians and laugh with a golf club. I'm not expecting a giant dildo like Saints Row, but random melee is just fun.

Once you've whacked someone with an umbrella in an open world game, how can you go back? ;)
iQRuvo0cVFWn8.gif

Dr Dogg

Well just getting tucked into it but can't help but think Aiden looks a little bland, generic maybe. Then I remebered I had all these swag outfits that was like a bazillion codes to enter...

Much better ;)

If you have a friend that you love playing open world multiplayer with (free roam and under fun stuff) is it worth both of you getting a copy or should we buy one and share?

zlatko

Banned
Can someone please confirm this:

I was under the impression you can strictly do Multiplayer in this game with friends... Is that still the case or no? I want to do MP with a buddy of mine online together like the death match/objective type game modes. Not the hacking stuff that is Dark souls like.

If that's not the case then A) I'm an idiot and need to tell my friend so he doesn't waste his time as he probably won't play the game otherwise. B) That's a dumb move by Ubi as buddying up for MP shenanigans is the standard for games these days.

Anyone ?

Can someone please confirm this:

I was under the impression you can strictly do Multiplayer in this game with friends... Is that still the case or no? I want to do MP with a buddy of mine online together like the death match/objective type game modes. Not the hacking stuff that is Dark souls like.

If that's not the case then A) I'm an idiot and need to tell my friend so he doesn't waste his time as he probably won't play the game otherwise. B) That's a dumb move by Ubi as buddying up for MP shenanigans is the standard for games these days.

Anyone ?

You pretty much asked the question I was asking, but in a better way. Very curious so I know to pick up one or two copies after work.

npa189

Pretty cool so far, I'm not blown away but it seems like a great open world game. Its completely unplayable with a dualshock 4 on PC for me, aiming is laggy/way off. I don't know how to explain it, feels like bad mouse acceleration. I plugged in a 360 pad and it works fine. Just one more reason we need an official driver for the xbone controller.

OrangeOak

I played maybe 20 minutes but wow I am loving it so far.
The city is so "alive" and it looks amazing on PC at ultra.
I wonder what other games people are playing to call W_D bad looking or downright shit.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I am really amazed by the npc's in Watch Dogs, I've just pulled up in my car got out and there is a couple having a full blown argument, the man was outside on the street the women was on the balcony, and this wasn't like GTAV which was lineed to a cutscene mission, this was just random
And I notice a lot of stuff going on,I can just walk the streets of Chicago and be amused by what's going on around me.

Well just getting tucked into it but can't help but think Aiden looks a little bland, generic maybe. Then I remebered I had all these swag outfits that was like a bazillion codes to enter...

Much better ;)

I have the season pass and I was told it came with all the clothes. How do I unlock them?

zlatko

Banned
Yup the online is awesome. Just hiding in a car hacking someone is sogood.gif

Perhaps you can answer my question above:

The other MP components that are team oriented; are they available to do together with a friend online from your friend's list or is it always just randoms?

ieatzombies

Just picked up my copy a few hours ago. Loving the impressions from everyone and looking forward to seeing you all online after I get off work. 4 more hours..

cackhyena

I played maybe 20 minutes but wow I am loving it so far.
The city is so "alive" and it looks amazing on PC at ultra.
I wonder what other games people are playing to call W_D bad looking or downright shit.

At least that one guy up there insinuating games need to be 60FPS to give a shit. I don't know how my eyes are intact all these years playing the majority of games below 60. Miracles do happen.

Much better ;)

Holy shit, how do you get this?

Aiden looks like The goddamned Shadow now <3

I am really amazed by the npc's in Watch Dogs, I've just pulled up in my car got out and there is a couple having a full blown argument, the man was outside on the street the women was on the balcony, and this wasn't like GTAV which was lineed to a cutscene mission, this was just random
And I notice a lot of stuff going on,I can just walk the streets of Chicago and be amused by what's going on around me.

Yeah, those video comparisons were pretty biased. The world feels much more alive in Watch_Dogs.

Top Bottom