• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

BFIB

Ugh. Bought last night right after midnight, left my PS4 on all night to download and install....sitting at 14GB w/ 2 Gigs to go.

Might be the last game I go digital with for a while.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You think 900p/30fps is a "true next-gen" experience?

They're not terrible, that's the point. Many last gen games were sub 720p with a framerate less than 30FPS, so it is an improvement.

Got out of work early to pick it up. So far, I'm LOVING the fuck out of it. Driving feels really good. Feels like the cars have weight to them. Shooting is such a perfection. I can see how most people think the action sequence is comparable to Splinter Cell now. Story got me hooked as well.

Was cruising around the area and found an abandoned train track tunnel. Went inside there and I found a neatly wrapped up victim along with a cryptic message from a serial killer. Little things like this really pull me in.

Great job Ubisoft Montreal

wN1Vg7R.jpg

knitoe

Ugh. Bought last night right after midnight, left my PS4 on all night to download and install....sitting at 14GB w/ 2 Gigs to go.

Might be the last game I go digital with for a while.
Playstation network speeds always seems to suck. Bought it on Steam and was downloading 8.2MB/s. Took only ~25 min.

One thing i dont get is why ign said the car chases are a weak point. i think there freaking awesome, what open world game has better car chases? i love throwing up barriers behind me and watching the cops slam into them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't see the load on the uplay servers exactly decreasing as it gets later in the day. are they seriously hosed over there or what?

Got out of work early to pick it up. So far, I'm LOVING the fuck out of it. Driving feels really good. Feels like the cars have weight to them. Shooting is such a perfection. I can see how most people think the action sequence is comparable to Splinter Cell now. Story got me hooked as well.

Spoiler tags, what are they????

zlatko

Banned
You pretty much asked the question I was asking, but in a better way. Very curious so I know to pick up one or two copies after work.

n8XXFHO.jpg

According to that image I would assume that it does have an online mode if that is in fact the main menu of the game.

I believe AC4 was similar with story, and then the MP being the "online" tab. Go there and all the customizing matchmaking is found.

Anyone able to confirm my previous post of being able to buddy up with a friend on PSN/Live to play the online MP team game types with ?

ekim

lol. Look at the reflections in the windows on the street. They never seem to show what they should show. Just random streets.

DC1

Playstation network speeds always seems to suck. Bought it on Steam and was downloading 8.2MB/s. Took only ~25 min.

I downloaded ACBF on my launch night PS4 and for some reason, I remember it taking around 20 minutes. Nothing like having those servers all to myself and 999,999 others.

I have some questions:

1. Does the PC version play well on a KB/M? Or should I use the DS4?
2. Or should I just get the PS4 version?
3. How much "freedom" do you have compared to GTA5?
4. Can you commit crimes at-will? Are their "GTA SUPER-COPS" that magically track you down on land-sea-air?
5. Can you own property/get a job/mod vehicles/etc....?

I'm thinking of getting this game, but I want more freedom/options/opportunities than Infamous:SS. I have a decent PC and a PS4, so the platform is also a question.

Thanks.

Gaz_RB

n8XXFHO.jpg

According to that image I would assume that it does have an online mode if that is in fact the main menu of the game.

I believe AC4 was similar with story, and then the MP being the "online" tab. Go there and all the customizing matchmaking is found.

Anyone able to confirm my previous post of being able to buddy up with a friend on PSN/Live to play the online MP team game types with ?

I'm confused... that game is not watchdogs

http://i.imgur.com/n8XXFHO.jpg

There's no separate .exe that launches for multiplayer. Everything is integrated into the single player. Say you wanna go into a capture match or race...you simply queue up for it while in your single player, when they find a match the gametype loads and you are in instantly.

JB1981

There's no separate .exe that launches for multiplayer. Everything is integrated into the single player. Say you wanna go into a capture match or race...you simply queue up for it while in your single player, when they find a match the gametype loads and you are in instantly.

You load up with friends or you just play solo?

I have some questions:

1. Does the PC version play well on a KB/M? Or should I use the DS4?
2. Or should I just get the PS4 version?
3. How much "freedom" do you have compared to GTA5?
4. Can you commit crimes at-will? Are their "GTA SUPER-COPS" that magically track you down on land-sea-air?
5. Can you own property/get a job/mod vehicles/etc....?

I'm thinking of getting this game, but I want more freedom/options/opportunities than Infamous:SS. I have a decent PC and a PS4, so the platform is also a question.

Thanks.

1. i tried out kb/m and wasnt a fan (i suppose its alright) i use a 360 controller
2. PC Specs?
3. About the same, go where you want, when you want.
4. You can commit crimes and the cops will be called. can stop the caller. the cops dont immediately show up.
5. not that ive come across for any of that

jaosobno

I love everything about this game except 3 things:

- car handling model is very bad
- looks washed out (PS4 version, played on a calibrated monitor)
- screen can feel a bit cluttered when in scan mode

Shooting is great, story seems interesting, there is almost too many things to do. Graphics are decent but far cry from what we were shown in 2012.

Overall, it's a very good game. Won't win any GOTY awards, but very fun to play.

I am almost tearing up here. This is why I play games. I don't think I have ever seen any game look better.

http://a.pomf.se/plweeh.webm

there really are some stunning moments. like at night when its raining is just amazing, between the light reflection off the ground and the distant fog. when its day time and clear skys the game doesnt really wow me, everything beautiful happens between dusk and dawn.

Was cruising around the area and found an abandoned train track tunnel. Went inside there and I found a neatly wrapped up victim along with a cryptic message from a serial killer. Little things like this really pull me in.

wN1Vg7R.jpg

Jesus.

It'd be great if you can find things like that in the world and then follow up on them. Like, you find the victim and then essentially become a detective using ctOS to hunt down a creepy serial killer. Would make a great DLC. Constantly rainy Chicago, a lone vigilante prowling the streets, hunting down a deranged murderer who is always one step ahead.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Jesus.

It'd be great if you can find things like that in the world and then follow up on them. Like, you find the victim and then essentially become a detective using ctOS to hunt down a creepy serial killer. Would make a great DLC. Constantly rainy Chicago, a lone vigilante prowling the streets, hunting down a deranged murderer who is always one step ahead.
You do follow up on it
The game is amazing, there's almost too much to do.

Dennis

Banned

wN1Vg7R.jpg

Jesus.

Damn, that sounds awesome. True Detective up in this bitch.

SJRB

Gold Member
I love how the game doesn't punish you for changing your playstyle.

I had a mission to infiltrate a building, but I got caught halfway through and it turned in a massive shootout. In games like AC, getting detected or getting kills would result in negative feedback from the game but everything is a-okay in WD when you shoot up the place.

WD also is the first open world game where I prefer walking over driving. So cool.

Perhaps you can answer my question above:

The other MP components that are team oriented; are they available to do together with a friend online from your friend's list or is it always just randoms?

I think free roam is the only MP mode you can play with your friends. I may be wrong though.

I think getting caught and evading the target is the best part of the hacking online mode people.

Raven77

Has there been any really good comparison of the PS4 version versus the Ultra high PC version? Purely from a graphics standpoint.

I'm debating between the two.

Tracking down a criminal - I'm too hasty and the guy gets spooked before he made his move on the victim, I decide to chase him down anyway.

He takes me down an alley and on to the open street, I'm closing in when suddenly he gets out his phone, "Any of you in the area, get down here NOW!" he yells - suddenly 4 enemy cars are speeding towards us and the tables have turned.

I duck down an alley and make a run for it, by the lead car is going to run me down - I turn and shoot a hail of bullets at the car, none of them land but they are forced to stop. My first gunfight of the game begins here (and I've been playing all day) as I try and hold off the greater numbers from swarming me.

Eventually they get savvy and start throwing grenades, I make another run for it on the city streets, I make it to the train and hack it for an escape.

All of that came out of me failing a run of the mill criminal takedown.

1. i tried out kb/m and wasnt a fan (i suppose its alright) i use a 360 controller
2. PC Specs?
3. About the same, go where you want, when you want.
4. You can commit crimes and the cops will be called. can stop the caller. the cops dont immediately show up.
5. not that ive come across for any of that

GTX-770 4GB, i7-920, 6GB DDR3 RAM

Can you fly planes/choppers?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Only played a little bit so far. I'm liking the open world stuff. Spying on NPCs and busting up crimes in progress is addicting.

Top Bottom