• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

SDCowboy

Is anyone else having a hell of a time trying to get matched for anything online? It seems to take forever if it find anyone at all.

MattyG

Banned
Is anyone else having a hell of a time trying to get matched for anything online? It seems to take forever if it find anyone at all.
Yeah, I've tried to invade a few times and I get disconnected or no matches. Only made it through once, only been invaded once.

Switched last week from PS4 to PC. Knowing full well this game was from Ubisoft. That's my fault. I usually try to avoid Uplay the same way I did with GFWL.

Well, for the greater good I guess. Was going to play this and skip the gym, but since I can't play since Uplay is down, off to the gym!

Same here on PS4, it's not connecting me at all. It tries but gives up eventually, have yet to jump online.

On another note, Ubi really dropped the ball on the radio stations/soundtrack.

DukeBobby

Hmm, not really feeling it.

Uplay being down most of the time doesn't help. The online stuff looks like a lot of fun.

Still, the single player content isn't particularly gripping. Not done much of the story yet, so we'll see how that goes.

Should I tell him, or should someone else?

edit: 2xtap is an AI :(
Son-of-a-bitch. While I was in the middle of writing that, I thought to myself it might've been an AI and I'm about to look like a dumbass. But then I thought surely not....why couldn't you just let me live in my dream world?

Basketball

What about firetrucks. I don't think ambulances do anything in GTA either though.

The ambulances at least come to the crime scene say a few words then leave in V. I went messing around leaving people on the street and not one showed up. come on even sleeping dogs had em

Lemondish

Amazon messed up my order and didn't managed to have it here on release day (despite the option for release day shipping).

Soooo...how happy are people with their collector's editions? I like art books, but I'm worried this one will be boring, cheap, and too short. How is it?

HelloMeow

What about firetrucks. I don't think ambulances do anything in GTA either though.

I followed a firetruck earlier. It was going somewhere and it's siren was on. After a couple of minutes they were told it was a false alarm and they went back to their usual business.

How do reps affect the game? Should I care at all about it when playing?

If you've got good rep people will recognize you and be like hey that's the vigilante, awesome! This has happened to me a couple times.

As far as having bad rep, I can't confirm but I've read that if people recognize you they'll call the cops.

Five

Banned
Is it just me or is there surprisingly little police presence?

"Stop crimes nine times faster" claim the ctOS ads, but crimes happen all the time and the police are no shows.

Still super fun aside from the driving, though.

MaLDo

Switched last week from PS4 to PC. Knowing full well this game was from Ubisoft. That's my fault. I usually try to avoid Uplay the same way I did with GFWL.

Well, for the greater good I guess. Was going to play this and skip the gym, but since I can't play since Uplay is down, off to the gym!

Uplay: searching for updates.
Uplay can't connect.
Click settings.
Click start offline.
Play game.
Profit.

Playing the PS4 version, having a helluva lot more fun than I thought I would.

I no longer feel the need for GTA V on current gen systems. This fills that void nicely.

kriskrosbbk

You unlock the skill after a early mission. Afterwards you have to buy it with your skill points and you need to craft one in your weapons menu.

Is it under "Hacking" on the skill tree.All I see there is something similar but on a smaller scale called "Transformers"

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can we replay missions? Main and side?

Really enjoying some of them and would love to play through them again.

FHIZ

One thing i dont get is why ign said the car chases are a weak point. i think there freaking awesome, what open world game has better car chases? i love throwing up barriers behind me and watching the cops slam into them.

Completely agree, the first time the cops chased me I was at 2 stars and thought "wow, they're actually going at me." AI is super agressive, and instead of just driving faster than them, like my solution to ever other open world cop chase, I actively found myself trying to push them into oncoming traffic, time distractions, etc. It was super satisfying to sort of get that crash came the game does sometimes after pushing a cop into a tunnel support. Cops are no joke in this game, that's for sure.

anddo0

Anyone feel that the mini-games (city games) were a waste of dev time?

I don't see the point, they don't give you exp (not that I've seen) and don't count towards trophies.
It's like flag hunting in AC1 all over again.

OK so I played the first hour and I'm really digging it. The only issue I'm having is my DS4 is not vibrating at all. I've toggled it on and off but it doesn't matter. Is anybody else having this issue? It works fine with all my other games so I know it's not the controller.

Never mind I guess this has been an issue since the latest firmware update. I just had to restart the console and the vibration works fine now. That was weird though.

Dr Dogg

I have the season pass and I was told it came with all the clothes. How do I unlock them?

When you get to your 'Hideout' which isn't long after the opening mission. Granted hideout seems to be interchangeable with Motel room :p

Holy shit, how do you get this?

Aiden looks like The goddamned Shadow now <3

That's exactly what dambrosi said in the Steam thread. It and a few others come with the Season Pass which should be available on every platform. It was also a preorder bonus with some shop but yeah like they ever stay exclusive, not even on day one!

Top Bottom