• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

chixdiggit

Too bad that won't work for me since it went down before mine got installed.

Yep. Been waiting all day to play this. I almost waited to buy this until discounted because of U-play. Wish I wouldn't have caved in.

Edit: woohoo! It worked. Still, fuck U-play.

WTF is going on with uplay? I can't fucking log in.

I'm running into the same problem. I tried logging into the UPlay webstore and I can't even get the login screen to load so I'm assuming their getting hammered right now. I'd play offline if I could but I was switching over from Origin to install it.

EDIT: Just came up for me.

So when attempting to stop a random crime , sometimes the suspect pulls out a gun and shoots before I can do anything, am I just supposed to act faster or are there crimes where the victim can't avoid being shot?

Also has anyone found any optimizations for minimizing the stutter when loading the environment while driving?

So, the game has been installing to the HDD since I got it. I don't...what is it installing? What was the point of the original install? Seriously, this is why indie games are the man reason I bought a PS4 (I'm on the PS4) circumvent much of this big publisher nonsense. So frustrating.

Dennis

Banned
watch_dogs2014-05-272fjs3f.jpg

So, the game has been installing to the HDD since I got it. I don't...what is it installing? What was the point of the original install? Seriously, this is why indie games are the man reason I bought a PS4 (I'm on the PS4) circumvent much of this big publisher nonsense. So frustrating.

Weird, it shouldn't take that long on a PS4 according to many members on here. Maybe it's downloading a patch and PSN servers are getting hammered? Took me a few minutes on my Xbox One.

Overdoziz

Banned
Anyone have a glitch where you're stuck aiming your gun and you just keep shooting it without even pressing anything? Had to restart the game to fix it, quite annoying.

Weird, it shouldn't take that long on a PS4 according to many members on here. Maybe it's downloading a patch and PSN servers are getting hammered? Took me a few minutes on my Xbox One.

Downloaded it, got the sony exclusive content, installed the game on my ps4. Then, started the first mission and now it won't let me pass the blackout mission in the beginning. Goddammit it ubisoft, you have been in rare form.

Five

Banned
Anyone have a glitch where you're stuck aiming your gun and you just keep shooting it without even pressing anything? Had to restart the game to fix it, quite annoying.

Just had this happen, playing on PC with a controller. I clicked the mouse buttons and it stopped.

vilmer_

I keep getting stuck on the online contracts page after I enter it and have to keep restarting the game :/ It won't let me select anything or go back to world map.

Downloaded it, got the sony exclusive content, installed the game on my ps4. Then, started the first mission and now it won't let me pass the blackout mission in the beginning. Goddammit it ubisoft, you have been in rare form.

What error message are you getting if there's any?

Is this real life. God damn that looks sick.

And it's only going to get better as developers shift their focus onto X1, PS4 and PC away from last-gen consoles.

tookhster

Great game so far and I don't know what people were saying about the graphics, because they're awesome on Ultra. Driving is hilarious but more because it's different than it is bad.

The only turnoff for me is the "actual" hacking segments where you press X/square to turn the switches. I feel like I don't really get the method and am just tapping the button everywhere until I get it right. I also think they screwed up with the controls for this part because you use the right analog stick to move the cursor and your right thumb to tap the button, so it feels really awkward for me. Why couldn't you just move the cursor with the left stick?

Did some digging around and found a 20% off voucher for GMG in case anyone wants it. Gonna get the Season Pass for $16.

ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11

Really? Still shows as 19.99 for me... must be with a code?
bam ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11 EDIT: You slick bastard
So when attempting to stop a random crime , sometimes the suspect pulls out a gun and shoots before I can do anything, am I just supposed to act faster or are there crimes where the victim can't avoid being shot?

Also has anyone found any optimizations for minimizing the stutter when loading the environment while driving?

Sometimes you take too long to get to a crime so it happens anyway or ctOS doesn't profile it in the first place so you don't get alerted before hand. For regular ones, I've learned that if I'm too far away to smack the dicktits of the dude before he commits the crime, if I pull out a gun and aim it he gets shook and runs away. Speaking of that, I guess women don't commit crimes in Chicago?

Insanely early impressions (Big Brother Mission):

-Great graphics(no sarcasm, I think it looks gooood)
-Animations are top notch
-I like Jordi
-Pretty funny
-Really like Aiden

How long is the story legitimately?

I now understand how Ass Creed and Call of Dooty fans feel when they get a new game. I already want Watch Dogs 2, like next year soon. Max 2 years (no more).

A friend of mine wanted to promote the game. Here's me (holding sign) with a complete stranger holding a Watch_Dogs poster we got from Gamestop at the mall.

In the parking lot, we got a lady to stop what she was doing and pose.

Life is good.

WTF is going on here? Is Ubisoft paying you for this?

Einbroch

Banned
A friend of mine wanted to promote the game. Here's me (holding sign) with a complete stranger holding a Watch_Dogs poster we got from Gamestop at the mall.
Life is good.

...Why?

SDCowboy

ROFL just my luck. I finally get into another round and the player I have to follow got smoked by the cops right after I joined.

Gumbie

Life is good.

can+somebody+please+explain+me+what+420+is+about+_2d85188af41e8b395d431de75fb45658.jpg

M.Steiner

Has anyone on PC experienced problems trying to load their game by any chance? I've been playing my copy since Fri with no issues (even earlier today) but this evening I can't get ingame at all.
I can load the game up just fine and reach the main menu but when I click "continue" it starts loading but then freezes here:
Doing a ctrl,alt,del and it says the game is not responding and I have to end the process. It does this everytime I try to play the game.
I've verified my game files, disabled AV in the background, disabled the uplay overlay, tried running uplay as admin, ran uplay in offline mode, changed graphics settings before clicking continue and I've reverted my AMD drivers from 14.6 to 14.4 (which the game previously worked fine on). Still not working and not sure what else I can try? :/

Hasney

I now want a Fuck Uplay poster to take around town and promote that.

EDIT: To the above, it might be a corrupted save. Backup your save and try a new game? Some people had horrible experiences with ACIV and Uplay saves.

failgubbe

Has anyone on PC experienced problems trying to load their game by any chance? I've been playing my copy since Fri with no issues (even earlier today) but this evening I can't get ingame at all.
I can load the game up just fine and reach the main menu but when I click "continue" it starts loading but then freezes here:

Doing a ctrl,alt,del and it says the game is not responding and I have to end the process. It does this everytime I try to play the game.
I've verified my game files, disabled AV in the background, disabled the uplay overlay, tried running uplay as admin, ran uplay in offline mode, changed graphics settings before clicking continue and I've reverted my AMD drivers from 14.6 to 14.4 (which the game previously worked fine on). Still not working and not sure what else I can try? :/

I had the same thing on Xbox One earlier but after a coupe of restarts i got in again

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Sounds like the issue I had on PS4 earlier today, I had to restart the save game from scratch. :/

Yo how the fuck do you start a free roam session I tried figuring it out for 20 minutes last night
Online contracts app > online free roam.

Edit: I somehow have the Geolocated trophy for checking into every hotspot, I have 23... Heh.

Skeff

I now understand how Ass Creed and Call of Dooty fans feel when they get a new game. I already want Watch Dogs 2, like next year soon. Max 2 years (no more).

I'm sure we won't be waiting long, My Deadsec edition is still in the post :-( but I'm still hoping Watchdogs 2 comes out soon, I am Hype.

Lima

/

I am stuck on that exact same part when I try to load up my save but I'm on Xbox One.

I think we have to delete our saves and start over :(

Top Bottom