• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

JLeack

Banned
can+somebody+please+explain+me+what+420+is+about+_2d85188af41e8b395d431de75fb45658.jpg

Seriously.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I was kind of hoping the ctOS Mobile app would allow coop play during free roam or something. Not sure why I thought that. Oh wait, because that's what they freaking demo'd: http://www.destructoid.com/evading-the-cops-and-using-tablets-in-watch-dogs-255948.phtml

Unless I'm missing it somewhere in the app? It's hard to check now since the app crashes every few minutes since Uplay started getting uppity.

yeah, along the way they took out that feature :/

Here's to the long shot that they put that back in, on some patch down the road. But probably WD2.

Or never.

Also disappointed in the hacking billboards. No texts, only premade phrases.

Vashetti

Banned
Anyone else find it surreal that we're playing this game now when we could have been playing it last November?

I mean, I'm enjoying it so far, but I dread to think what kind of state the game would have been in if they hadn't delayed.

ekim

Anyone found a way to see the hours played so far in the game? The statistics tab is pretty sparse with information. And any way to see the ingame time?

mrqs

Gaf, please help. There's no way to hack into a friends game? I mean, the only way that i see is trough Ubisoft's Matchmaking shitty system.

Really? I can't directly hack my friiends?

Finster

Gaf, please help. There's no way to hack into a friends game? I mean, the only way that i see is trough Ubisoft's Matchmaking shitty system.

Really? I can't directly hack my friiends?

Go to Free Roam. Invite your friend. Make sure you are both set to "Adversarial" On.

Someone hacked my game which ended up in a 20 minute car chase followed by a shootout in the streets that turned into a cop chase. I was just trying to get to a mission start haha.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
A friend of mine wanted to promote the game. Here's me (holding sign) with a complete stranger holding a Watch_Dogs poster we got from Gamestop at the mall.

In the parking lot, we got a lady to stop what she was doing and pose.

Life is good.
Can you do the same thing again please except hold a PS Vita instead of a Watch Dogs poster?

Finster

I don't want that. I want to hack into my friends game without him knowing about it.

So i can't hack into a friends game? That sucks.

Yeah, I don't see how that would possible. As soon as someone enters your game it tells you exactly who it is. That would be cool, though... another lost feature...

SRTtoZ

A friend of mine wanted to promote the game. Here's me (holding sign) with a complete stranger holding a Watch_Dogs poster we got from Gamestop at the mall.

Life is good.

Does he work for Ubi or something? You didn't just go out with a WD poster and take pics with random civilians right?....righhttt??

AHA-Lambda

Life is good.

Congrats on becoming a corporate shill?

Hacking people is so amusing. I hacked a guy while sitting in traffic, not moving. Seeing him run around looking for me while I did absolutely nothing sneaky was hilarious.

M.Steiner

I had the same thing on Xbox One earlier but after a coupe of restarts i got in again
I'll give it a few more tries later then and keep my fingers crossed. Maybe it's down to their servers being overloaded/down?, since I know the save sync has failed a few times due to that. Other than installing the new AMD beta drivers (which I've now reverted to what I was using before), nothing else has changed.

Sounds like the issue I had on PS4 earlier today, I had to restart the save game from scratch. :/

I am stuck on that exact same part when I try to load up my save but I'm on Xbox One.

I think we have to delete our saves and start over :(
Really hope it's not due to a corrupt save or something :/

Will try it again in a bit and hope for the best anyway. Gonna be really annoyed if I have to start a new game and lose 4 days worth of progress. Ugh.

DukeBobby

Just did online hacking for the first time.

The guy ran around the parked car I was hiding in about 50 times but he didn't find me.

That was some heart pounding shit. Good stuff.

DrTeflon

Anyone having issues when finding matches on PS4? Tried online Hacking, Online racing, everything. It says that average waiting time is 2 to 3 minutes. Waited 10 and still nothing. Maybe it is uplay related? I have a NAT 2 connection on my PS4

mario_O

Life is good.

bert-stare-o.gif

kriskrosbbk

Anyone having issues when finding matches on PS4? Tried online Hacking, Online racing, everything. It says that average waiting time is 2 to 3 minutes. Waited 10 and still nothing. Maybe it is uplay related? I have a NAT 2 connection on my PS4

Yeah its taking some time for me also.Then I cancel.It was working earlier.

After a few hours of Washing the Doge, I think my main and considerable gripe is with the inelegance of the cover system. Here's why:

There's no 'round the corner and continue forward' manoeuvre.

This has been a staple action in basically every game with a cover mechanic since Gears of War. It's awkward and unnecessary to have to manually exit cover and round the corner. It hinders forward propulsion, which is something that the game seems to thrive on, in my opinion.

It's needlessly difficult to both make the game relinquish automated control and know when it has done so.

This is just shoddy design in my eyes. Basically, if anyone is familiar and experienced with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's cover system, then you'll know that Ubi should have just ripped the mechanics directly from here. To those who aren't familiar, it follows the same point-and-click method, but instead of a one-time press, you hold X/A until the manoeuvre is complete; if you depress before then, control is given back to the player instantly and seamlessly. It's superb, simple and nuanced.

There have been countless times in WD that I've wanted to snake my way through areas by lining up my trajectory with the next point of cover and cancelling out somewhere along the way. Instead, the game fails to cancel and I'm stuck watching Aiden complete his journey to a wall that I didn't want him anywhere near. Any form of cancelling just seems inconsistent to me.

Aside from all of that, I'm enjoying myself, but I'm finding myself taken out of that enjoyment a bit too often. And yeah, it is decidedly cross-gen looking on PS4.

Hasney

Common guys a bit of advice would be nice. I bought the season pass but install anything, what's going on?

It's all in game items. Once the pass is redeemed, nothing is downloaded, just unlocked.

If you don't see the items in game once you get to your hideout, contact Ubi/wherever you bought it from.

Lima

It's all in game items. Once the pass is redeemed, nothing is downloaded, just unlocked.

If you don't see the items in game once you get to your hideout, contact Ubi/wherever you bought it from.

Well you do have to download the Conspiracy pack. It's the first piece of season pass content and available now.

nOoblet16

Man the collision sounds are so fuckin awful !!

Also what is the point of having a kind of heavy car handling when the collision engine (with other vehicles) is so lenient ? I swear if you were to freeze a frame when scratching paint with a car at high speed you'll probably see the car clipping inside the other car.

Proxy

I just came across a couple arguing that ended with the dude hitting the woman. I was so taken aback by this I just stood there dumbfounded for a moment and then just shot him.

DryvBy

Congrats on becoming a corporate shill?

Thank you. Ubisoft paid me very well.

Actually, this was last week. Gamestop wouldn't give me a Wolfenstein blimp. Instead, they gave me this torn up Watch Dogs poster. We were seeing how many complete strangers would take a picture with us before we left the mall. My friend won our bet with a total of 15.

I have a TMNT/Yosp mixed profile picture. I do weird stuff for my own amusement.

Top Bottom