• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

ibseGXKiXBjayG.jpg

PC?

Looks astounding

Played for a few hours. It's okay, I guess.

I hope Rockstar announces a GTA V Remaster at E3.

Meh. I have no real desire to play GTA V again. It was a great game, but some of the traveling just got tedious due to the vast distances that were sometimes involved. But I also haven't played Watch Dogs yet. INSTALLING NOW.

EvB

There's no 'round the corner and continue forward' manoeuvre.

This has been a staple action in basically every game with a cover mechanic since Gears of War. It's awkward and unnecessary to have to manually exit cover and round the corner. It hinders forward propulsion, which is something that the game seems to thrive on, in my opinion

Aim at the corner you are standing next to, you get a prompt that says "corner" , then simply press X/A

You can't thank me later

SephiZack

Is it me or during the flashbacks it's full of visual artifacts?(PS4) Or did they make them that way? It's like playing on an old CRT TV, it's damn annoying

Lima

Man this game is difficult as fuck on realistic difficulty. Something I am not used to in Ubisoft open world games.

Is it me or during the flashbacks it's full of visual artifacts?(PS4) Or did they make them that way? It's like playing on an old CRT TV, it's damn annoying

They are supposed to look that way lol.

Tiny complaint, but I can't help but be annoyed each time it happens. When you're in a car and you press Circle to hide which turns the engine off. Then, when you move again, the car starts up, and you hear the chime chime chime from the dashboard. This chiming noise the is same noise in each and every fucking car.

Ridiculous complaint, I know.

After a few hours of Washing the Doge, I think my main and considerable gripe is with the inelegance of the cover system. Here's why:

There's no 'round the corner and continue forward' manoeuvre.

This has been a staple action in basically every game with a cover mechanic since Gears of War. It's awkward and unnecessary to have to manually exit cover and round the corner. It hinders forward propulsion, which is something that the game seems to thrive on, in my opinion.

It's needlessly difficult to both make the game relinquish automated control and know when it has done so.

This is just shoddy design in my eyes. Basically, if anyone is familiar and experienced with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's cover system, then you'll know that Ubi should have just ripped the mechanics directly from here. To those who aren't familiar, it follows the same point-and-click method, but instead of a one-time press, you hold X/A until the manoeuvre is complete; if you depress before then, control is given back to the player instantly and seamlessly. It's superb, simple and nuanced.

There have been countless times in WD that I've wanted to snake my way through areas by lining up my trajectory with the next point of cover and cancelling out somewhere along the way. Instead, the game fails to cancel and I'm stuck watching Aiden complete his journey to a wall that I didn't want him anywhere near. Any form of cancelling just seems inconsistent to me.

Aside from all of that, I'm enjoying myself, but I'm finding myself taken out of that enjoyment a bit too often. And yeah, it is decidedly cross-gen looking on PS4.
This is all blatantly wrong. Your controller is broken.

Played for a few hours. It's okay, I guess.

I hope Rockstar announces a GTA V Remaster at E3.

I don't really understand this sentiment. If it's literally the same game, I've already played that and got what I wanted from it? You could apply that to TLOU Remastered and WindWaker Remastered, but there is a lot of people who didn't get to play those games because they were exclusives. As for GTAV, i think that argument is significantly lessened. A GTAVI is a different story.

LoveCake

Someone came into my game & hacked me :(

Any one help with this issue, i put the code in for my Season Pass on PS4 it said the code was accepted, but it isn't showing up anywhere & it's not showing in the additional content menu either, the clothing unlock & the PS4 special content is showing up there though, where is the season pass info ?

I like it but it's not wowing me or anything, I don't have that urge or feel to play it when I'm away from the console. Felt this way about the majority of releases I've bought so far this new generation, I'm waiting for that outstanding game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't really understand this sentiment. If it's literally the same game, I've already played that and got what I wanted from it? You could apply that to TLOU Remastered and WindWaker Remastered, but there is a lot of people who didn't get to play those games because they were exclusives. As for GTAV, i think that argument is significantly lessened. A GTAVI is a different story.
Pesonally I'm hypd for GTA V PS4 just for the chance to play it on Vita with remote play.

Flintty

Is anyone else having problems with the Xbox One 'record that' and DVR functions on this? It has been hit and miss for me and rather frustrating.

Overall I really like the game. Disappointed there's no jump button and you can't just hit someone for being an arse (dude smacked his girl and I couldn't smack him)but generally I'm really enjoying it.

My pre order costume is missing too but I'm hoping that's a Uplay issue...

The red jacket was cheap but i have a lot of money now. Maybe i should buy the more expensive clothing items but i feel like it might be a waste of money.

Finster

Is anyone else having problems with the Xbox One 'record that' and DVR functions on this? It has been hit and miss for me and rather frustrating.

Overall I really like the game. Disappointed there's no jump button and you can't just hit someone for being an arse (dude smacked his girl and I couldn't smack him)but generally I'm really enjoying it.

Totally different platform, but my PS4 has record zero gameplay videos. I wanted to post a hilarious video of some such thing and I go to Share... zilch. Nothing. I wish Sony would frickin fix video share.

hertog

Played this.game for about three hours now.
And I think it's quite boring and I hate the main character's design.

I'm not a fan of open world games and this game reminded me why. The world is huge but it feels so empty.
The hacking gimmick is just dumb and I feel so little has changed since GTA 3.
So I guess it's just not for me

So anyone figured out how you can hack a firend from your firendlist? (PS4)

I'm not sure why everyone keeps asking for this...

It was never said anywhere that we would be able to select friends to hack. That was never supposed to be a feature.

Friend play is between the ctOS mobile app and an in-game player. It's also for free-roam, and team play with decryption. You cannot select to hack people on your friend list.

You can set difficulty? Where! Game just dropped me in. Didn't see an option.

They should have had that option presented at the beginning. The game got a lot of points taken off for bad AI when journalists probably didn't even know you could change the difficulty (which really makes me question their choice of profession but whatever)

This is all blatantly wrong. Your controller is broken.

Yeahhhhh, no it isn't. Sounds like you've not experienced a well-thought out cover system.

Aim at the corner you are standing next to, you get a prompt that says "corner" , then simply press X/A

You can't thank me later

I was like what you can't go around corners? Yeah you can. Just press A or X when at the corner.

I believe you two are thinking of something different. 'Round the corner and continue on' is what I'm after. I'm fully aware that you can swap to another side of say, a square piece of cover, but if I'm at a corner in a corridor, there's no single action for turning into that corridor and moving forward; it's all manual.

Dennis

Banned
Really? When I press the button to scan the area that causes the effect, lots of white lines are appearing onscreen.

Have you disabled all the HUD elements?

My screen is completely clear except for the small square when you pull up your phone.

Flintty

Totally different platform, but my PS4 has record zero gameplay videos. I wanted to post a hilarious video of some such thing and I go to Share... zilch. Nothing. I wish Sony would frickin fix video share.

I feel your pain! I've had some great moments I want to share but the DVR let me down!!!

I got invaded for the first time. I was trying to take over a CTOS Tower when it happened so I was on top of a building with a good view..I managed to accidentally fall off the damn thing and killed myself. When it reloaded it spawned me right next to the guy...he managed to escape but didn't even get to start his hack...good times.

Gaz_RB

Played this.game for about three hours now.
And I think it's quite boring and I hate the main character's design.

I'm not a fan of open world games and this game reminded me why. The world is huge but it feels so empty.
The hacking gimmick is just dumb and I feel so little has changed since GTA 3.
So I guess it's just not for me

What would make it feel less empty for you?

Yeahhhhh, no it isn't. Sounds like you've not experienced a well-thought out cover system.

I believe you two are thinking of something different. 'Round the corner and continue on' is what I'm after. I'm fully aware that you can swap to another side of say, a square piece of cover, but if I'm at a corner in a corridor, there's no single action for turning into that corridor and moving forward; it's all manual.

I know what you mean, and yes, Ghost Recon had it perfectly down. WD could have learned from it. You have to hold the joystick back for like a whole second to get Aiden out of his cover to cover animation. Ultimately though, it hasn't bothered me.

Five

Banned
Tiny complaint, but I can't help but be annoyed each time it happens. When you're in a car and you press Circle to hide which turns the engine off. Then, when you move again, the car starts up, and you hear the chime chime chime from the dashboard. This chiming noise the is same noise in each and every fucking car.

Ridiculous complaint, I know.

I'm more upset that it takes twice as long to start the car from hiding as it does to start it from first entering. They should be the same.

Also, the unlocking sound from each car is the same. Boo.

So, pass or grab? (Ps4)

I am about 30 minutes in so huge grain of salt.
-I was cold on ACIV, and Far Cry 3 to some extent.
-Watch Dogs has immersion and atmosphere in spades and not in the way you might think. There's nothing outrageous about the city itself. In contrast to GTAV, it feels like an actual city. Like really well crafted to the point where i've only ran on missions. I mostly walk around and take it in their. There's a weird palpable mundane nature to the city and that is comforting to me personally. It controls better than damn near all open world games of this style. The licensed soundtrack is a missed opportunity. The skill tree isn't as tacked on as I might have been (or how ubisoft often makes it feel) because of the glitchy, near future hacker cyberpunk aesthetic in everything. It doesn't stick out.

Dubz

PSN is down...great timing:( Oh well I can still rock the single player. I caved and bought the game, even though I said i wouldn't earlier in the thread. Put me into gamer jail.

Top Bottom