• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Dennis

Banned
I am about 30 minutes in so huge grain of salt.
-I was cold on ACIV, and Far Cry 3 to some extent.
-Watch Dogs has immersion and atmosphere in spades and not in the way you might think. There's nothing outrageous about the city itself. In contrast to GTAV, it feels like an actual city. Like really well crafted to the point where i've only ran on missions. I mostly walk around and take it in their. There's a weird palpable mundane nature to the city and that is comforting to me personally. It controls better than damn near all open world games of this style. The licensed soundtrack is a missed opportunity. The skill tree isn't as tacked on as I might have been (or how ubisoft often makes it feel) because of the glitchy, near future hacker cyberpunk aesthetic in everything. It doesn't stick out.

I agree with this.

Disclaimer: I am 20 hours into the game screenshot-wise but 20 minutes in gameplay-wise.

MattyG

Banned
How do you get in online free roam and decryption with friends on PS4?

Oh, and is anyone else having issues with PSN? My friends list won't load and I keep getting kick from parties.

Question: When you complete a tailing or hacking mission against another player, does it notify them that it happened?

With the hacking mission, the player gets notified as soon as you inititate the hack. And when it all finishes, either with the hack successful, or the player killing the fixer, or the fixer getting away, the invaded player gets the same run-down.

With the tailing mission, I do not know how the other player is notified. I haven't been on the receiving end of a tailing mission yet.

With the hacking mission, the player gets notified as soon as you inititate the hack. And when it all finishes, either with the hack successful, or the player killing the fixer, or the fixer getting away, the invaded player gets the same run-down.

With the tailing mission, I do not know how the other player is notified. I haven't been on the receiving end of a tailing mission yet.

Yes you have

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
The "Alone" digital trip is the best fucking thing.

Jonnax

The Assassins Creed series always felt to me like it would culminate in Desmond roaming around in modern times.

My question to those who've played the game is if any part of Watch Dogs gives that sort of feeling?

chixdiggit

First couple of hours are....OK.
I find it hard to get into because it's all so unrealistic with no context to explain anything. Hacking into a video camera by looking at it through another video camera? Hacking a forklift? If he had some kind of mutant ability I could accept it better than simply saying it's all done by hacks.

MayMay

Banned

You don't get notified afaik. So you probably already got tailed and did not notice it lol Which is the whole point of the stealth tailing anyways.

Edit: Oooooooooooh snap, not a junior anymore. Wohoo.

Krisprolls

Banned
I'm curious as well. And I don't trust reviews for this game either.

lol

I played only a few hours but I like it a lot, I'd say grab until now. The game is fun and there's a lot to do. The atmosphere is great. It's a bit buggy though, so not as polished as GTA5 but it feels nice. The $1000 question is 'will it stay fun after a while ?'...

M.W.

I haven't had the chance to really dive in, but with the few hours I played last night and this morning I'm really digging it. The city feels alive moreso than any other open world game I've played. I've only done side missions and activities too. I hope to get some campaign in tonight.

Also, these police are hard to lose. Any tips? I've tried getting into alleys and ducking down, doesn't work the best.

Matush

I'm not sure why everyone keeps asking for this...

It was never said anywhere that we would be able to select friends to hack. That was never supposed to be a feature.

Friend play is between the ctOS mobile app and an in-game player. It's also for free-roam, and team play with decryption. You cannot select to hack people on your friend list.
How come then that after last years E3 several sites (including Gamesreactor), reported that you can invade friends?

Moozo

So you think :D

The person being tailed never knows when they're being tailed.

What is the purpose/reward for tailing? What do you lose if someone does it to you?

Did the tutorial online hacking mission but haven't been able to find anyone since. It was cool. The guy sprinted straight past me oblivious and I turned and popped him in the head before he knew what hit him. Went to watch it back and surprise surprise PS4 just didn't record anything.

Hasney

Ah, damn. Yeah his shots were incredible. I'll wait to see some comparison shots but I guess I'll probably end up going PC if it looks significantly better.

Just be warned that it's vram hungry. You'll need a 2gb card to stop it looking like a 360 as below that you'll be on medium textures.

How come then that after last years E3 several sites (including Gamesreactor), reported that you can invade friends?

Show me one official word from Ubisoft where it said you would be able to invade friends. The only friend "invasion" has always been the ctOS mobile app. No hacking.

Just be warned that it's vram hungry. You'll need a 2gb card to stop it looking like a 360 as below that you'll be on medium textures.

I'm running:

i5 2550k
8 GB DDR3
2 x Radeon HD 6950 2 GB (Crossfire)

So far I've run pretty much every PC game I've played on Ultra with nothing lower than 45 fps average. Any PC friends wanna weigh in on how they think this one will run?

EDIT: nvm, found the PC performance thread.

Gaz_RB

What is the purpose/reward for tailing? What do you lose if someone does it to you?

Did the tutorial online hacking mission but haven't been able to find anyone since. It was cool. The guy sprinted straight past me oblivious and I turned and popped him in the head before he knew what hit him. Went to watch it back and surprise surprise PS4 just didn't record anything.

You get notoriety points for successfully tailing someone. It strange because it's not really something you "lose", but you get points for killing someone who is tailing you, if you figure it out. Otherwise, you're none the wiser.

For what?

He's saying you should be paranoid that people will be following you.

I feel the opposite. It doesn't seem to have the tight controls or polish of GTA or even AC for that matter.

Tight controls and GTA are pretty distant cousins.

I feel the opposite. It doesn't seem to have the tight controls or polish of GTA or even AC for that matter.

Haha. We have a comedian here.

I know I just slagged off the cover system quite a bit, but holy shit, every bit of control in WD is light years ahead of GTA. GTA is a mechanical travesty and its adoration, a farce.

I love the online lmao. Some guy was walking out of a coffee shop and I hacked him and then went hid behind the counter. The guy literally walked right past me at like 89%. He was panicking.

When someone invades your game, you get a notification.

No. You don't.

When someone invades your game in a hacking mission, you only get notified when they initiate the hack. They have 5 minutes of you not knowing they're in your game before they start the hack.

When someone comes into your game on a tailing mission, you are not notified either.

The only thing I don't know is if you get notified when someone successfully tails you.

SkylineRKR

Haha. We have a comedian here.

I know I just slagged off the cover system quite a bit, but holy shit, every bit of control in WD is light years ahead of GTA. GTA is a mechanical travesty and its adoration, a farce.

Exactly the reason why I dislike GTA, and actually like Watch Dogs. The driving controls are debatable, but everything else has controls you usually experience in more confined games such as Splinter Cell.

Wasp

Facebook pic of PS4 version:

10257983_1437562359828655_9004432274086898447_o.jpg

I'm nitpicking here but I dislike how far inwards the HUD is from the edge of the screen. I know it's to put it in the overscan safe zone but the PS4 allows you so set your screen size.

Also I'm assuming there's no option to put your phone away when you're walking around? It mildly annoys me seeing the occupation, salary, etc, details of the pedestrians all the time.

Top Bottom