• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

sjay1994

Great score but shame about the story :/

Yeah... pretty much confirmed what I was thinking about the game before it was delayed.

It would be a fun game, but the story would be really weak. Kinda disappointed because the initial trailers really had this vibe of not trusting people and exposing their secrets to the world.

But the subsequent trailers ended up just plotting out another revenge scenario.

Still getting it though. I am hungry for games ATM.

Yeah... pretty much confirmed what I was thinking about the game before it was delayed.

It would be a fun game, but the story would be really weak. Kinda disappointed because the initial trailers really had this vibe of not trusting people and exposing their secrets to the world.

But the subsequent trailers ended up just plotting out another revenge scenario.

Still getting it though. I am hungry for games ATM.

Think of all the things Kratos could do with a magic hacker phone

TheCloser

Banned
Not sure if anyone posted this yet but apparently there is another early review. This one is from a French magazine.

Jeux Vidéo Magazine

Gameplay: 5 stars
Everything works perfectly, the ultra-intuitive hacking allows for exhilarating moments in the game.

Graphics: 5 stars
Very solid on the technical level, especially in the sensation of life that makes Watch_Dogs great.

Sound: 4 stars
Excellent ambient music and sound effects, but the track selection is a little limited.

Longevity: 5 stars
Because it’s a open world featuring multiplayer, there there’s an extreme amount of interesting things to do.

Pros:
Gameplay and level design
The life in Chicago
Generous content

Cons:
The Story, blah!
The first loading
That’s all!
Conclusion:
Watch_Dogs accomplished all the hopes placed on it and delivers a successful new take on open world games. Almost perfect, but with a slight disappointment on the story.

Final Score: 19 out of 20

hp5GikU.jpg

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/20/watch_dogs-first-legit-review-gives-it-a-19-out-of-20-calls-it-almost-perfect-technically-very-solid/
French magazine gives french made game a 19/20? Color me not surprised. I'll wait for eurogamer, digital foundry comparisons and giant bomb.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
don't care about the screen shot but i do hate that they changed his character model, wtf were they thinking, his old look was much better he looked like your average joe with an attitude. Now he looks like every male video game stereotype with the perfect facial features.

French magazine gives french made game a 19/20? Color me not surprised. I'll wait for eurogamer, digital foundry comparisons and giant bomb.

You and Iamthedogethatwatches should make your own thread so you can tell each other how much this game you haven't played sucks.

Also, yes, France is very close to Canada.

SJRB

Gold Member

Is this how it's going to go down? Expect/hope for bad reviews, but disqualify good reviews that aren't Eurogamer, Digital Foundry and Giantbomb?

I will remember you to this post next week.

sjay1994

This is hands down the dumbest post I have ever seen on GAF.

What do you disregard American reviews of American games as well?

And Ubi Montreal isn't even in France, its in Canada.

You seem to know a lot about the world, tell me more.

I'm just saying that a French magazine doesn't automatically side with a game developer that also speaks French in another part of the world. Does Famitsu always automatically rate every JRPG very highly? Are English-speaking reviewers inherently partial towards games made in the US? That sort of logic is insane.

TheCloser

Banned
This is hands down the dumbest post I have ever seen on GAF.

What do you disregard American reviews of American games as well?

An Ubi Montreal isn't even in France, its in Canada.
No its simply because I don't trust Jeux Vidéo. The embargo is on the 27th and ubisoft warned us about fraudulent reviews coming out before the embargo so yea. As a graphics and story guy first, you can't imagine how disappointed I am with the downgrade. I will purchase the game but not for a cent more than $20. The whole development of this game rubs me the wrong way and the false advertising is embarrassing. Ubisoft has done it with the far cry series, the assassin's creed series, I am alive and now Watch Dogs. They are really trying to outdo EA.

IMACOMPUTA

No its simply because I don't trust Jeux Vidéo. The embargo is on the 27th and ubisoft warned us about fraudulent reviews coming out before the embargo so yea. As a graphics and story guy first, you can't imagine how disappointed I am with the downgrade. I will purchase the game but not for a cent more than $20. The whole development of this game rubs me the wrong way and the false advertising is embarrassing. Ubisoft has done it with the far cry series, the assassin's creed series, I am alive and now Watch Dogs. They are really trying to outdo EA.
Nothing in this post actually defends your stance on French games press reviewing Canadian games. It just piles on more watchdogs hate bs.
Good job.

chugen

some of jeux video magazine review

infamous ss 17
tlou left behind 19
donkey kong tropical freeze 17
killzone sf 15
child of light 16
mario kart 8 18

doesn't look unfair

tuna_love

Banned
Why don't you just fuck off?

DarkFlow

Banned

Small-kitten-chasing-its-tail-do-not-know-the-cat-will-dizziness-it.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Doge, I didn't mind you, but posting a spoiler as an image, even with spoiler tags is being a douche.

I thought better of you.

Cons:
The Story, blah!

That Gaffer who was hoping for a story better than PoI is gonna be disappointed.

NTGYK, lets just rewatch the show and pretend that's the story.

Had to be a Ubisoft story. Argh!

iamthedogethatwatches got banned? Guess the mods no longer found him amusing.

On another note, a cousin of mine asked me if the game is worth getting. For the first time in a game he asked my advice over I had to tell him "I genuinely can't tell you because there's a been shitstorm with this game. We'll have to wait for reviews"

Personally I'm renting the thing so it doesn't bother me either ways if it's shit or not.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Who watches the watch doges?

NeoGAF mods. That's who!

dandoolan

No its simply because I don't trust Jeux Vidéo. The embargo is on the 27th and ubisoft warned us about fraudulent reviews coming out before the embargo so yea.

So it's because you don't trust that source? Interesting that you didn't say that at all in the post itself, but instead heavily implied the positive review was because they are french.

French magazine gives french made game a 19/20? Color me not surprised.

Yup, you're right. those words definitely say 'I don't trust the source' and nothing else.

*Insert facepalm gif of your choosing here*

Top Bottom