• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I've got a funny video to share with you guys. It's uploading to FB, how do I share it here? Just post a link?

I see this thrown around all the time. Makes me think that a lot of people have forgotten what late PS2/ early PS3 era games look like.

screenshot_pc_gta_san_andreas015.jpg

legbone

Yeah I bought the season pass about two hours ago and nothing. Very disappointing for all the people who spent the extra money.

yeah, i agree. picked up the season pass and was gutted when i realized i didn't get the clothes they offered in the season pass trailer. i mostly picked it up for the extra mission with the crazy redneck (can't remember his name right now). but the clothes on day one seemed like a nice bonus also. sucks you don't get them on day one.

Been playing the PS4 game today and I'll tell you all right now, it is IMPOSSIBLE to recognize that this game is running in 900p instead of the full 1080, ESPECIALLY since I'm playing on a 720p TV.

RyudBoy

OK, I got to play about an hour so far, and the people who said the game barely looks better than GTA V (in daytime) are smoking crack. The game looks great and runs without a hitch so far, and this is just based on the Xbone version.

The driving portion is not as bad as I thought it would be based on early impressions I've read, although it does feel like some cars handle a lot easier than others. So far, I really like it.

Vire

Been playing the PS4 game today and I'll tell you all right now, it is IMPOSSIBLE to recognize that this game is running in 900p instead of the full 1080, ESPECIALLY since I'm playing on a 720p TV.

That would be a pretty good reason. :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really enjoying this game so far. Story missions have been lackluster but the open world stuff feels very well conceived. Tons of fun and satisfying stuff to do and the profiler can lead to some surprising interactions. I'm digging it.

KuGsj.gif

MattyG

Banned
Sorry about the poor quality, this is the best I could do right now. Figured I'd see how Aiden reacts to getting hit by the train...
http://youtu.be/g1r0IfmmUQM
Let me know if the video doesn't play for you guys, I uploaded it as private so I don't know if embedding will work.
I can't tell if you're trying to prove me wrong or support what I was saying. I'm hoping it's the latter, because there's no way anyone in their right mind would say that compares to WD during the daytime.

Played about an hour today completing the first mission.

Driving is hard as hell must have killed tons of civilians trying to escape from the police lol. And is just me or are the police hard as fuck to shake ?

Edit: visually looks fantastic too !!!

So ahhhh....has anyone found a way to invade friends? Am I missing something? The ability wasn't in the beta, figured it was just locked in the build and the final version would have it.

Played a few hours after work. Initial reaction is that despite issues, they have nailed the hardest thing about open world games: crazy shit just naturally happens.

Within the first couple hours I got on a stupid police chase caused by a phone-in of my general douchbagery that resulting in me ditching the car in a canal and randomly swimming to a boat with which I outran a helicopter and escaped.

Then I sailed back in to a beautiful nighttime city scape while rocking some awesome jazz. And then I just ran around to awesome jazz. The soundtrack is so good I parked it and left it playing while cooking dinner.

Its got many flaws, and it's very early, but it has a little special something.

malfcn

I got the Untouchable out fit day one.
But I wonder when the rest will get unlocked.
Maybe the ones that were tied to pre-orders unlock with those missions?

Yasae

Banned
I really enjoy this games soundtrack. This is stuff I would have on my ipod in real life, I actually do have some of it. A Classic weezer song off the album Pinkerton(one of my favorite albums of all time), Wu Tang, Rise Against, MGK, smashing pumpkins, Vannatica, Vampire Weeken. I mean, I can see how people wouldnt like it.but this is right up my alley. Probably one of my favorite open world soundtracks to date.
I kind of shrugged at the featured songs, but I could go through a hundred songs and not like one, so...

That said, this game NEEDS a user music playlist feature. No reason or excuses on earth not to allow this. It was also a feature in GTA IV PC.

derFeef

I've downloaded the AMD beta driver from the official website and got a Blue Screen of Death during the instal.

What the fuck, AMD

First Windows does not boot up, then this?
I downloaded and installed the beta driver just fine, smooth sailing - I guess there is something wrong with your setup/install. (Also there is a PC performance thread).

RyudBoy

My first complaint is that the pedestrians are dumb at times. I'm honking my horn right in front of them, and they just turn around and stare at me lol.

K' Dash

I just spent 3 hors doing digital trips, free roaming, hacking shit and finding collectables, Holy Shit at the ammount of content of this game, HOLY SHIT.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So ahhhh....has anyone found a way to invade friends? Am I missing something? The ability wasn't in the beta, figured it was just locked in the build and the final version would have it.

Try inviting your friend into your Uplay party, then queue for online hacking and see if it lets you create a private lobby.

malfcn

Damn, I was listening to a conversation about a dude doing some chick and having to pee and it was interrupted. Wanted to hear how it finished. ;)

Yasae

Banned
S¡mon;113716060 said:
For a first entry in a new franchise, Watch_Dogs is amazing.

Sure, it has some flaws, but, come on, it's the first entry. I bet Watch_Dogs 2 will be a lot better - the franchise has lots of potential.
It's no AC1. That game was straight up bad as a proof of concept. Do these 4 or 5 tasks 100 times in the game, most of which make no sense and have no differentiation.

Come on. This game isn't AC1 by a long shot. Sure it has potential to grow and I'm sure the sequel will have the franchise come into its own, but...

A lot? As in enough to justify disconnecting?

Nope I lose maybe 70-200 points if I donot stop a hack or if I'm stopped. Now that's just from your multiplayer level but you do get skills from that so you want to keep it up. Not much money is lost either in fact I haven't lost any yet that might have just been in the beta, even so I lost like 500 max. Plus in this game you get cash so fast it's crazy.

malfcn

Having a random guy shoot and having the police go full force on you is a shitty feeling.
I didn't see, what's the punishment for death?

Vhagar

Neo Member
Damn, I was listening to a conversation about a dude doing some chick and having to pee and it was interrupted. Wanted to hear how it finished. ;)

Haha yeah I heard the same one. He talks about how he ended up going for about 30 minutes cause all he could do was think about peeing and he couldnt finish the job.

iNjbPvEL7PEAP.gif

Little stuff like this is surprisingly disruptive :/
I agree, the few times when that would happen , it would really break the immersion i had built up through Aiden.

I don't have the game, but seeing how this is a "next-gen" game, its missing details that old ass GTA4 has.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c

-No headlight shadows
-Way less vehicle damage
-No scrapes on walls
-no blood on cars after mowing over tons of people
-half assed reflections
-bad water hydrant phyics
I noticed that video is about GTA4 vs Watc_Dogs, GTA had its 4th try at an open world game, Watch_Dogs is a new IP, give it a break. Truth is i did notice some of these things at first and was a tiny bit sad but the game makes up for it in the rest of the full-fledged living world it immerses you with.
My BIGGEST disappointment with Watch_Dogs is that there is no Twista, Do or Die, Common, Speedknot Mobstas, Crucial Conflict, Lupe Fiasco or Psychodrama.

How can you have a GTA style GAME, set in CHICAGO, and have RAP on the radio but not include ANY of these artist. Shame on Ubisoft.
Lupe Fiasco - Day and Night is in the game as an unlockable track.
Why couldn't Ubi have just ripped the driving straight out of Driver San Francisco? That's the pinnacle of open world driving imo.

YES. OMG YES.

Klocker

Ok this is my favorite open world city game I have played yet, I am used to the driving now and it feels very good , yes arcade but fun and fast and controllable, especially in dash cam. The hacking, stealth, upgrades all combine to feel fresh and new.

The chases are cool and not frustrating, if you use your hacks. The variety so far, is really cool. Was awed by GTA V graphics and world but got bored really quick with the forced story. I'm hardly doing the story and enjoying this more.. looks a lot better than expected as well

Jhn

Yea I just stuck with the Nemesis one right now though I'm thinking about trying the blue and tan one right above it for 5K. What's your least hated (most favorite) outfit?

I don't know the names, but my favorites are two variation on the original outfit, only with blue and green sweaters instead of the white one and a grey coat instead of the leathery one. All the hat and shoe models except for the original look silly, so it's a bit hard to just find a combo that includes no weird stuff.

maneil99

Really dumb that the cops don't shoot gangsters and thugs that are shooting at you, they are literally on a team vs you if they arrive. Dumb.

Top Bottom