• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

DarkFlow

Banned
Welp.

iamthedogethatwatches
Banned
(Today, 09:21 PM)

xCaWVgO.jpg

I wanted to see his review meltdown. Guess TheCloser will have to do.

iNvid02

ysd08B0.gif

he was taken from us too soon, if only he could have lived to see the review/digital foundry threads

RIP doge, you will be forgotten pretty quickly to be honest.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
When I've chosen normal first class, I've received many of my pre-orders early from Amazon. Admittedly most do arrive on release day, but the rest are early. Never late.

In fact, the only time I got a pre-order late was when I used prime.
That could be the problem, I have it pre-paid with Shopto, as long as I get it Tuesday I'm happy.

Nydius

As a graphics and story guy first, you can't imagine how disappointed I am with the downgrade.

You know how some OTs have stipulations like "port begging = ban"? I wish we could get one for this OT about the "downgrade". That horse has been beaten to death and we still don't really know if the beating was fully justified. It's just an excuse to shit on the game without having played it.

Edit: Oh for fuck's sake...

They tried to bribe reporters with nexus 7 tablets.
DOWNGRADE!
BRIBES!
REVIEW HACKS!

These posts are like listening to Crossfire on CNN. Lots of noise, no substance.

TheCloser

Banned
I'm just saying that a French magazine doesn't automatically side with a game developer that also speaks French in another part of the world. Does Famitsu always automatically rate every JRPG very highly? Are English-speaking reviewers inherently partial towards games made in the US? That sort of logic is insane.
Oh I understand that but that score seems a bit unbelievable. 19/20? My derriere. Very few games deserve that kind of score. I'm 100% sure watch Dogs won't have a metascore of 90. It might be a good game but that score is lol worthy. You realize that ubisoft headquarters is located in Montreuil France and reporters were flown out to Paris for the preview event and not Montreal. They tried to bribe reporters with nexus 7 tablets. Seriously, there is enough reason to question the review. We have also seen the game and some gameplay footage. Nothing we've seen justifies that score.

Wait, how does the radio work? It seems in that leaked video that the songs aren't categorized by stations, which is odd... As much as I want Weezer on my ambient electronic station, I don't.

sjay1994

No its simply because I don't trust Jeux Vidéo. The embargo is on the 27th and ubisoft warned us about fraudulent reviews coming out before the embargo so yea. As a graphics and story guy first, you can't imagine how disappointed I am with the downgrade. I will purchase the game but not for a cent more than $20. The whole development of this game rubs me the wrong way and the false advertising is embarrassing. Ubisoft has done it with the far cry series, the assassin's creed series, I am alive and now Watch Dogs. They are really trying to outdo EA.

False advertising.

Jesus christ. People need to get a grip with e3. They are vertical slices designed to show you what the major facets of the game is. Not to mention, ubisoft has been ridiculously open about this game.

We know that the demo they showed was on a PC replicating what they hoped the next gen consoles could do. They didn't get the PS4 specs until the reveal.

-I am alive was CG, they never advertised it as gameplay

-Assassins Creed is always designed to show you whats new in the game, and is close to what they show at their conference.

i dont know, but just from that one trailer and they haven't talked about the story of this until very recently and them being ubisoft,

it was pretty much guaranteed that the story was gonna be 'blah'.

Curious how blah it is. Blacklist was bad, but in a 24 kind of way, it worked for the game. Far Cry 3 was just plain stupid. AC4 was stupid but worked kinda due to the self referential way ( won't work again for another AC though).

Now im trying to think real hard to think of the last ubisoft story that really impressed. It's what happens when stories are written by committee.

DarkFlow

Banned
Oh I understand that but that score seems a bit unbelievable. 19/20? My derriere. Very few games deserve that kind of score. I'm 100% sure watch Dogs won't have a metascore of 90. It might be a good game but that score is lol worthy. You realize that ubisoft headquarters is located in Montreuil France and reporters were flown out to Paris for the preview event and not Montreal. They tried to bribe reporters with nexus 7 tablets. Seriously, there is enough reason to question the review. We have also seen the game and some gameplay footage. Nothing we've seen justifies that score.

Every time you mention Nexus 7, all I can think about is benghazibenghazibenghazi.

Will I have a review meltdown? Nope, grow up. I'm just expressing my opinions on the game.
Dude, you're already having one over this magazine review lol.

prag16

Banned
ysd08B0.gif

he was taken from us too soon, if only he could have lived to see the review/digital foundry threads

RIP doge, you will be forgotten pretty quickly to be honest.

Speaking of doges, why does the title say "Dawgs" rather than "Dogs"? And if we aren't going with the real title, I'd have voted for "Doges" instead. :(

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You know how some OTs have stipulations like "port begging = ban"? I wish we could get one for this OT about the "downgrade". That horse has been beaten to death and we still don't really know if the beating was fully justified. It's just an excuse to shit on the game without having played it.
I'm obviously alone here but I'm not seeing this major downgrade, I mean the night sections look the same to me as they did when I first saw it and day....well we never saw day in the reveal trailer so I can't compare, I'm surprised considering it's available in some places no gaffers have it and posted anything in the screenshot threads like they usually do.
Speaking of doges, why does the title say "Dawgs" rather than "Dogs"? And if we aren't going with the real title, I'd have voted for "Doges" instead. :(
Look at the op's name

dex3108

looks like ubi helped them create that, and there was some mountian dew competition bullshit a page back

i wonder how much money they have thrown at this thing so far

They have been partnering with them for couple years now. AC4 got video too also there were other ones too.

Mhmh, I'm getting more excited about the game (for stupid reasons), but the french review makes me cautious. I stopped playing AC2 because the story was (for me) far from interesting. And Far Cry 3 had a huge world with tigers and sand buggies, but the story was plain boring and simple. I learned with each new game, that a huge immersive world is just as good as the underlying story.

I know, just wait for more reviews, and I do hope that thin or bad storytelling is not becoming the central theme of Ubisoft.

Bar81

The pics and gifs in this thread DELIVER. Keep em coming guys. If this keeps up this thread is going to be epic.

Nydius

I'm obviously alone here but I'm not seeing this major downgrade, I mean the night sections look the same to me as they did when I first saw it and day....well we never saw day in the reveal trailer so I can't compare, I'm surprised considering it's available in some places no gaffers have it and posted anything in the screenshot threads like they usually do.

I don't think you're alone, hence why I said I don't think we don't really know if the circus over the downgrade was justifiable or not yet. It's just there was the massive downgrade thread that stayed on the main page for several days, then several minor threads after it, and it's constantly brought up in every Watch_Dogs thread by the same people over and over again.

At this point, the "downgrade" line sounds like tin foil hat conspiracy theory just to crap on the game. Edit: However, complaints about the resolution are fair game, IMO.

TheCloser

Banned
Seems more like foregone conclusions. On a game you still haven't played.
Call it a bias if you will but I'm not going into it with an open mind. It will have to extraordinary to change my perception. Unfair? Yep, Do I care? Nope. I'm usually a big advocate for giving everyone a clean slate but the pr for this game and the dev interviews rubbed me the wrong way.

I am still quite stoked for this game. I agree with other people who said that it just not fair for it to come out AFTER a three day weekend.

Good thing I also took off Wednesday so I can play it.

HT UK

Based on the recommended specs and the fact that the PS4 version is 900p. Do you think I'd be better off going with PS4 or PC, based on my specs:

i7 870 @ 2.93GHz
GTX 580 1.5GB
8GB RAM
1080p monitor

I'm leaning towards PS4 tbh.

DarkFlow

Banned
Based on the recommended specs and the fact that the PS4 version is 900p. Do you think I'd be better off going with PS4 or PC, based on my specs:

i7 870 @ 2.93GHz
GTX 580 1.5GB
8GB RAM
1080p monitor

I'm leaning towards PS4 tbh.

I bet your PC will look better even on Med settings.

Top Bottom