• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Tekku

Running from the cops.

Didn't end well for me
KuGsj.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1450361155211362&l=952228346840597646

Haha someone needs to gif that shit!

Are any PS4 users able to use the Share function? Both times I've tried I couldn't take a screenshot nor video, and there was HUGE lag trying to exit out of the OS and go back into the game (the blue screen hangs while audio from the game plays).

Share button got a work out here all day with none of what you're reporting happening to me.

Readingaid

Neo Member
First impressions:

- Graphics good, but strangely not a great leap better than GTA5, at least how I remember GTA5, although the framerate is more stable than that game

- Why is there no blood at all? Shooting feels kind of weak

- The inability to shoot while driving makes the "you must take this person down" missions annoying. Either let me shoot or don't make me chase and take down moving cars. Especially since hitting the car so hard *that it flips* doesn't even buy me enough time to get out and shoot it. It just keeps going.

- Hacking is a fun angle to the game and helps make it seem different from GTA

- Why can't I melee when out walking around? Sometimes I see someone who needs a slap. Is this a continuation of Ubisoft's AC4 fascination with disallowing the player to attack unless they decide it's the right context, or am I just missing something?

- Escaping police seems too annoying, on the very first mission I think I spent 10 minutes doing laps around town trying to lose them.

No blood? UK version? I'm in the UK but have a US download and from what I remember there was blood.

Hasney

Exactly. And unlike GTA it's not a cartoonish feel. There are times when it truly feels like Chicago.

I think you just hit on what I couldn't put my finger on as to why I still prefer GTA; GTA is a much more embellished world.

Should have clicked since I like Saints Row more really, but oh well.

jaosobno

Could someone explain to me how exactly "crime detection" system works? It seems completely random so far, is there something that I'm doing that I'm not aware of that gives me option to prevent crime?

Hasney

Could someone explain to me how exactly "crime detection" system works? It seems completely random so far, is there something that I'm doing that I'm not aware of that gives me option to prevent crime?

Yeah, there's 2 ways that are both pretty random. One will just trip to your phone as you walk around, the other will be through hacking a conversation of a pedestrian.

Heading up to Pawnee feels like playing a different game. The music got all eerie and I even stumbled upon something that I won't spoil. Go up there and have some fun.

10264066_141732577188wrohd.jpg

10355520_141732562188s9st5.jpg

tehPete

Banned
I put a few hours into the game last night; I did a load of random missions & saw several scenarios repeat in different locations, did a few story missions, got invaded a few times and then decided to switch off for the night. When doing so, my PS4 turned off instead of going to standby; curious, I booted it back up to be met by the safe mode screen. The system now refuses to boot into anything other than safe mode, and will not re-install the firmware it keeps asking for. Ventilation is not an issue, the unit has 1ft clearance on one side, and over a metre on the other four. Prior to this, my PS4 had about 2 hours use every two weeks - if that - but was in standby mode otherwise; it's also using the stock HDD.

The game itself is already wearing thin for me; once you see the man behind the curtain (eg. people are a randomly generated herd resource, no consistency or AI behind the generation process at all it seems) it loses its tone drastically. The multiplayer aspect is interesting enough (though seriously Ubi, you support tablets and smartphones but not the Vita as a second screen?!?!) and may carry it for a bit until curiosity is satiated, or falls through the many immersion-breaking gaps. The ctOS app also feels like a mess; it doesn't help that on my 'Officially supported' HTC One X, most of the buttons are too small to accurately press.

& then there's uPlay. Ubi, you can't do servers, please stop trying.

So far, the game's not living up to even half of the hype. Kinda gutted, tbh.

Additional tone qualifier - facing redundancy irl, may not have a job this time next week.

twisted89

So unlike a lot of people in this thread I was actually really enjoying the story until it got to the part
with Defalt. I just don't get this part whatsoever, you get hacked by some amazing hacker called Defalt who steals all your data so you have to go after him.
It turns out he's got all this prototype hardware, has a bunch of Fixers protecting him and is some famous DJ, sounds like an interesting character right? Maybe we'll chase him down and either find out some more or maybe he'll even join the team!
Nope, you chase after him and knock him out and get your data back, that's it, end of story. He might have well been another generic bystander at this point, why create such a character just to cut it off half way and leave so much answered??

jwtsonga

I put a few hours into the game last night; I did a load of random missions & saw several scenarios repeat in different locations, did a few story missions, got invaded a few times and then decided to switch off for the night. When doing so, my PS4 turned off instead of going to standby; curious, I booted it back up to be met by the safe mode screen. The system now refuses to boot into anything other than safe mode, and will not re-install the firmware it keeps asking for. Ventilation is not an issue, the unit has 1ft clearance on one side, and over a metre on the other four. Prior to this, my PS4 had about 2 hours use every two weeks - if that - but was in standby mode otherwise; it's also using the stock HDD.

The game itself is already wearing thin for me; once you see the man behind the curtain (eg. people are a randomly generated herd resource, no consistency or AI behind the generation process at all it seems) it loses its tone drastically. The multiplayer aspect is interesting enough (though seriously Ubi, you support tablets and smartphones but not the Vita as a second screen?!?!) and may carry it for a bit until curiosity is satiated, or falls through the many immersion-breaking gaps. The ctOS app also feels like a mess; it doesn't help that on my 'Officially supported' HTC One X, most of the buttons are too small to accurately press.

& then there's uPlay. Ubi, you can't do servers, please stop trying.

So far, the game's not living up to even half of the hype. Kinda gutted, tbh.

Additional tone qualifier - facing redundancy irl, may not have a job this time next week.

Good luck brother, times are tough these days...

Hasney

So unlike a lot of people in this thread I was actually really enjoying the story until it got to the part
with Defalt. I just don't get this part whatsoever, you get hacked by some amazing hacker called Defalt who steals all your data so you have to go after him.
It turns out he's got all this prototype hardware, has a bunch of Fixers protecting him and is some famous DJ, sounds like an interesting character right? Maybe we'll chase him down and either find out some more or maybe he'll even join the team!
Nope, you chase after him and knock him out and get your data back, that's it, end of story. He might have well been another generic bystander at this point, why create such a character just to cut it off half way and leave so much answered??

Yeah, that is really annoying. Especially when he's clearly the best character.

Billen

Banned
I drove a boat and headed out toward the lighthouse. Holy shot at seeing the buoys popping into existence a short distance ahead of you. Speaking of boats, I feel that the cars handle like boats in other games.

The soundtrack is just horrible, and the fact that the game never seems to remember what you were listening to is a shame.

The world feels... dead. The city just doesn't have any personality whatsoever.

I can't jump, nor can I punch people. And HOLY SHIT the ai is bad.

tuna_love

Banned
I drove a boat and headed out toward the lighthouse. Holy shot at seeing the buoys popping into existence a short distance ahead of you. Speaking of boats, I feel that the cars handle like boats in other games.

The soundtrack is just horrible, and the fact that the game never arms to remember what you were listening to is a shame.

The world feels... dead. The city just doesn't have any personality whatsoever.
Later on you unlock
Wu-tang, Cream
Just smash that on repeat.

Are any PS4 users able to use the Share function? Both times I've tried I couldn't take a screenshot nor video, and there was HUGE lag trying to exit out of the OS and go back into the game (the blue screen hangs while audio from the game plays).

I'm having this problem as well. Triple-checked share settings but every time I press the share button it goes to a clip of the last game I played, in this case Wolfenstein. No option to share a clip or screenshot for WD, even though there's a folder for it in the share menu (it's empty).

So I figured after playing Wolf Among Us I'd put in an hour or two in Watch Dogs. Five hours later...

It's good. The world feels really alive, even if it doesn't seem huge. Only gun I've used is the silenced pistol, and it felt fine so I like the gunplay (typically go stealth pistol and take downs for missions). Driving feels fine once you get used to it. Bikes are definitely the way to go.

Overall, much better than expected so far. Pretty excited to jump back into it tonight.

Marvel

could never
I've seen crazy things happen all on their own with no input from me.

I witnessed a guy rear end another dudes car, both got out and started talking, Was pretty funny. Shame I forgot to record it.

As for blood I'm not sure I've noticed any, I did hit a guy with my car once I got out I'm thinking there was some but I'm not sure because it was late and I was tired.

Dennis

Banned
Heading up to Pawnee feels like playing a different game. The music got all eerie and I even stumbled upon something that I won't spoil. Go up there and have some fun.

I will get there some time to take screenshots. Some time.

Feels like this is going to be a 200+ hour game.

Readingaid

Neo Member
Was anyone else a little overwhelmed by the amount of things you can do and then the online invasions popping up every so often.

I felt this way at first but Ubi is coming on leaps and bounds in how all this stuff integrates with your natural ebb and flow of playing the game, I can't praise it enough for this.

Example: go to unlock Ctos tower, notice a check in point-leave a couple of hundred for passing players, notice a gang hideout- get my arse kicked, online invasion pops up- panic sets in- epic cat and mouse chase before you know it 2 hours have passed and you haven't touched the story.

LoveCake

Which platform? On PS4 one of the notifications in the download area says Season Pass. There's also a few other downloads associated with it. Also on PS4 you can go into the game's menu on your main UI bar and look at all the add-ons that are associated with the game. If you own it on Xbox One, you can go into Games and Apps and hit the menu button on the Game and it will show you all the extras you have as well.

Yes, i did find this out late last night after i had posted here, i did find some information like you have said, i did find a screen/page where it sad i had got the Season Pass.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Sound question with this game.

PS4 on Optical and surround is not to great,not splitting it up very well.

PC on rca each with own channel sound great like BF4 with very clear sound split on all speakers.

Anyone got any advice to sort the PS4 surround because I gave up trying to play it on pc...
I'm getting very good surround sound with very strong bass, what you got the PS4's preferred output as?
DD or DTS?
If it's Dolby change it DTS, always choose DTS over Dolby if you have a option the difference is like just as much as having uncompressed audio(obviously not as good, but as noticeable)

JON4495

I have the UK version (on PS4) and I've definitely seen blood. I shot a guy in the head and blood hit the wall behind him

Edit: Took a screenshot after I shot two random civilians. You can see blood on the walls and on a guys arm. The blood disappeared after a few seconds though

Y1PR0rsh.jpg

I agree. Fun game, but sadly lacking in graphics department. Visually it's last gen game if you compare it to some other PS4 titles.

I don't get the complaints about the visuals. It doesn't look as good as the reveal back in 2012, but it's still a gorgeous game.

The only thing separating this and Second Son is the particle effects, facial animation and lighting. Otherwise, Watch Dogs holds up very well. And the city is just so much more dense and atmospheric (small details like trees blowing in the wind go a long way).

LoveCake

I have the UK PS4 version & i have seen blood when shooting people & when hitting people with the nightstick thing also when exploding things by baddies.

Sojgat

In the Australian version there are bullet holes and a bit of blood splatter, but there are no blood pools.

Would be really weird if the UK version is censored and the Aussie one isn't.

Played about 4 hours tonight. Love it so far. The gunplay is top notch. I like the city and the missions. Open world splinter cell is a good description. Graphics are fine and the frame rate is smooth to me. Driving could be a little tighter but I'm getting used to it.Spider tank is awesome.

RyudBoy

5-6 hours later and only 3 campaign missions done lol. Loving this game, so glad I decided to go ahead and buy it. Thought I would regret it, but nope!

The stealth mission where you had to get the security guards passcode was fun. I love how there were two guards
standing right beneath a big ol' container for me to drop on them.

And I haven't even tried MP yet. ^^

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What platforms are you guys seeing and not seeing blood.

UK - XB1

Lets see if its anything related to the console.

Top Bottom