• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

clockpunk

Aha, so I just found out that the DLC digital trip is already available for seaon pass owners - going to additional content, XBox Store (on 360, at least), and there it is, ready for download!

They could have made that clearer...

I don't even know what I'm playing anymore. Ain't nothing to hack for miles. We GTAV now

10382537_141734155854dksmj.jpg

10258132_141734151521znu3x.jpg

1974399_1417341405211iiurr.jpg

Didn't know the map would have non-urban/suburban areas.

Hasney

Has anyone getting any luck with invasions on PC?

During the weekend they were fine so I'm guessing it's a Uplay getting hammered issue.

GAF, is W_D worth full price? Tempted to get it on steam but if it's not worth 60 I don't mind waiting for it to be on sale.

Personally I don't think so, happy with the price I got mine for though. It's an Ubisoft game so you may as well wait. They tend to go on sale fairly quickly.

newsguy

Played one of the early story missions last night. I really enjoyed being stealthy, although I was caught very early with lots of guards still alive. Luring guys into explosions, or causing distractions in order to clear a path is pretty fun. The biggest bummer was not being able to crush a guy standing right under a forklift. I lured him right into it, but when I dropped it his buddy warned him and he just walked out of the way. Also, I failed my first 4 attempts at the random stealth missions. I never know how far to be from the marker on the map, so I would literally walk right up to the suspect and get recognized.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't think escaping a police hunt is ever fun in any of these games ever. I understand consequences, and usually my design philosophy says "consequences", but these fuckers really are the fun police...

they should think about that.

This game handles LOD very good. I can't see any LOD issues whatsoever when driving. They must have them loaded into the ram? Ps4 version, I'd expect them in last gen with limited ram.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
GAF, is W_D worth full price? Tempted to get it on steam but if it's not worth 60 I don't mind waiting for it to be on sale.
Definitely worth the full price because you get tons of quality content, almost to the point of being overwhelmed.

Has anyone getting any luck with invasions on PC?

It was working on and off late last night, took about 8 minutes to make the match.

Then I only found players who had 'Very Strong' defense rating and were apparently just waiting for drop-ins in a carefully selected corner of the map where they could quickly scan hide-outs.

But at least I got some matches.

I have everything on max and the draw distance is pretty terrible, always loading things in ahead. Only really visible when speeding along I suppose.

What's the way to disable the hud again? Not sure why they didn't build that in like with Assassin's Creed. Just too much going on.

CassiusKnight

Neo Member
I'm in love with this game and cannot comprehend how anyone could give this less than a 9/10.

At its worst, levying criticism against it for being a GTA clone is ridiculous - at least it's trying to do things differently and at best it adds a lot more interesting functionality than GTAV had at launch. And hey - it works! Far less buggy than GTAV was too.

Dan Whitehead at Eurogamer deserves a slap for his review.

bombshell

Ok, this is ridiculous.

I can't play online contracts anymore, because they somehow are locked again. How is this possible when I already have 10/10 online races and 8/10 online tailings?

Online tailing/hacking is telling me to complete the online contracts introduction. I already did that!

The other online contracts say I have to complete the mission "They Can't Hide" to unlock them. This is one of the very first missions!

Anybody else had this happen to them and know how I get access to online contracts again?

Bollocks

It's not actually the Bean In the game. One of the many things that are suggestive of Chicago but they couldn't do likely for copyright issues.
I know, but come on how hard is it to slap a reflective material on it. Most likely a technical limitation but even so, just fake/bake the reflections in. As it is now, it looks weird.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I hate driving. I feel like I can't get through any turn at a decent speed without crashing to something. I wish these games would use some type of auto adjusting camera. I always feel like I'm fighting it when I go into turns and the camera isn't turning fast enough for me to get good bearings on what I'm driving into once I make a turn.

That or I just stink.

Naar

OK i am not sure if this is a PS4 problem or a ubisoft problem but i cant play beyond the first 10 minutes of the game (the part where you start sneaking around in the stadium)

- I downloaded the game yesterday from PSN and woke up and everything was downloaded

- I start the game and in the start screen of the game it says the game is 55% installed

- I play the game and after about 10 minutes I get a huge warning screen saying game is 56% installed and is installing data right now and not to switch off PS4

- I went to main menu of PS4 and looked at game data and it said that it is 9GB/20GB downloaded

So what did i download yesterday then? And i thought you could start playing a game moments after you download it from PSN? So why am i stuck at 58% now? It literally is installing 1mb every 10 min or so

Or did i do something wrong?

Chabbles

OK i am not sure if this is a PS4 problem or a ubisoft problem but i cant play beyond the first 10 minutes of the game (the part where you start sneaking around in the stadium)

- I downloaded the game yesterday from PSN and woke up and everything was downloaded

- I start the game and in the start screen of the game it says the game is 55% installed

- I play the game and after about 10 minutes I get a huge warning screen saying game is 56% installed and is installing data right now and not to switch off PS4

- I went to main menu of PS4 and looked at game data and it said that it is 9GB/20GB downloaded

So what did i download yesterday then? And i thought you could start playing a game moments after you download it from PSN? So why am i stuck at 58% now? It literally is installing 1mb every 10 min or so

Or did i do something wrong?

The initial download is only 3 or 4gs, the rest must download in the background.

TTG

So, I finished a set of the chess puzzles, but have not unlocked extra focus. Just booted up the game a couple of hours back, do I still have to traverse the tech tree to unlock it anyway? Progression tree says I have it, skills says I don't and I don't notice a difference on the bar...

I hate driving. I feel like I can't get through any turn at a decent speed without crashing to something. I wish these games would use some type of auto adjusting camera. I always feel like I'm fighting it when I go into turns and the camera isn't turning fast enough for me to get good bearings on what I'm driving into once I make a turn.

That or I just stink.

Go into your phone and buy a good bike. You can then order one whenever you want and it'll be there in a few seconds. I don't have a problem with the car handling, but bikes are generally easier/more enjoyable to drive.

leng jai

Go into your smart phone and buy a good bike. You can then order one whenever you want and it'll be there in a few seconds. I don't have a problem with the car handling, but bikes are generally easier/more enjoyable to drive.

I've been sticking to bikes as well. The jacket flapping seals the deal.

Hasney

Go into your phone and buy a good bike. You can then order one whenever you want and it'll be there in a few seconds. I don't have a problem with the car handling, but bikes are generally easier/more enjoyable to drive.

I really wish that was more like Saints Row where someone drives it to you though. Some of their delivery spots made me steal a car just to get to the car drop off.

Definitely worth the full price because you get tons of quality content, almost to the point of being overwhelmed.

I'm in love with this game and cannot comprehend how anyone could give this less than a 9/10.

At its worst, levying criticism against it for being a GTA clone is ridiculous - at least it's trying to do things differently and at best it adds a lot more interesting functionality than GTAV had at launch. And hey - it works! Far less buggy than GTAV was too.

Dan Whitehead at Eurogamer deserves a slap for his review.

Call me sceptical, but when I see Juniors posting things like this, it does make me wonder...

In two minds about whether or not to pick this up at lunch, or just to wait for a price drop. Hmm.

I'm not too far into the game but it's fucking fun. There is a lot of shit to do and I haven't even had the opportunity to play online (somehow I can't seem to find other players, blame the matchmaking system).

I've been bored with my PC for a long time and didn't know what to play anymore. Watch Dogs is exactly what I needed.

By the way, the Spider Tank mini-game is amazing.

Naar

The initial download is only 3 or 4gs, the rest must download in the background.

So why didnt it do that when i was sleeping and set it to standby so it can download and install while sleeping?

Also I thought that regardless of that, if you buy a game from PSN that you are allowed to play it moments after you download it while it installs in the background while you play. I remember KillZone did that.

So why cant i play and background download with Watch Dogs?

CanaryRob

I don't think escaping a police hunt is ever fun in any of these games ever. I understand consequences, and usually my design philosophy says "consequences", but these fuckers really are the fun police...

they should think about that.

I don't mind the hide and seek aspect, it's the damn rubber banding that is really frustrating. I've not yet been caught because of it, but darting down a short cut (alley or underground car park) and having the AI reach mach 2 going around the block really takes me out of the moment.

Most times I just head for the water. Even then, sometimes piloting a boat to the other side of the map doesn't qualify for a get away. As soon as I hit water the pursuer turns up 20 seconds later.

bombshell

So why didnt it do that when i was sleeping and set it to standby so it can download and install while sleeping?

Also I thought that regardless of that, if you buy a game from PSN that you are allowed to play it moments after you download it while it installs in the background while you play. I remember KillZone did that.

So why cant i play and background download with Watch Dogs?

Because it's an open world game. In a linear game it's easier to pack the assets you need for the first few levels in a smaller initial download.

Call me sceptical, but when I see Juniors posting things like this, it does make me wonder...

In two minds about whether or not to pick this up at lunch, or just to wait for a price drop. Hmm.

I'm a junior as well so I guess I get lumped into the suspected "stealth marketers" as I agree completely - I was totally overwhelmed yesterday - I probably put about about seven hours into the game and I only did six story missions in that time and have still hardly done any of the activities.

Ok, I've reach the
drinking game with Kenny
and I'm starting to lose my patience with this game. WTF is the point of this?

Please tell me it gets better.

Hasney

Ok, I've reach the
drinking game with Kenny
and I'm starting to lose my patience with this game. WTF is the point of this?

Please tell me it gets better.

Kenny is the best character, so you have that going for you. But brace yourself, the story will get worse after his little arc.

Hasney

I can't get past the first loading screen on PC, it freezes at about 60%. Anybody else having similar/the same issue?

Have you played it before this? That's usually a sign of a corrupted save. If not, boot UPlay into offline mode and try that.

Odd.. Watch Dogs on PS4 is playing in LPCM and not Dolby nor DTS... anyone else have this happening?

Someone earlier was "applauding" Ubi for having no sound if Dolby was selected, so yes, I believe so.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't mind the hide and seek aspect, it's the damn rubber banding that is really frustrating. I've not yet been caught because of it, but darting down a short cut (alley or underground car park) and having the AI reach mach 2 going around the block really takes me out of the moment.

Most times I just head for the water. Even then, sometimes piloting a boat to the other side of the map doesn't qualify for a get away. As soon as I hit water the pursuer turns up 20 seconds later.

yes, there's some shitty stuff going on with AI cars. the magic cop cars as you mentioned, and when you're chasing someone in a car, they will barely be slowed down by being totally totalled, flipped, wrecked, it's just a speed bump. really annoying.

Top Bottom