• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

M.Steiner

I can't get past the first loading screen on PC, it freezes at about 60%. Anybody else having similar/the same issue?
Like this?
Then yep, there's a few of us here (and on the Ubi tech forums) with that problem. Haven't seen any workarounds or response from Ubisoft yet but I'm hoping it won't be long before they address the issue. I've tried everything I can think of to get the game loading again but it's looking like it may be a problem with corrupt save files. If it is, maybe they'll be able to restore those somehow, not sure?.. Fingers crossed anyway. I just don't want to lose 4 days worth of progress and have to start it all over. Plus what's to say it won't happen again? :/

Hasney

Like this?
Then yep, there's a few of us here (and on the Ubi tech forums) with that problem. Haven't seen any workarounds or response from Ubisoft yet but I'm hoping it won't be long before they address the issue. I've tried everything I can think of to get the game loading again but it's looking like it may be a problem with corrupt save files. If it is, maybe they'll be able to restore those somehow, not sure?.. Fingers crossed anyway. I just don't want to lose 4 days worth of progress and have to start it all over. Plus what's to say it won't happen again? :/

JaseC had a very similar saga with ACIV. If it is corrupt saves, Ubi won't do anything about it I'm afraid.

He had to resort to making local backups constantly.

CRA5H

Someone earlier was "applauding" Ubi for having no sound if Dolby was selected, so yes, I believe so.
Yeah I randomly stumbled upon that around the 180s pages. I thought what they meant was they had no sound playing at all which isn't the case for me. It's no biggie really that it plays in LPCM but I just love me my DTS

Naar

Because it's an open world game. In a linear game it's easier to pack the assets you need for the first few levels in a smaller initial download.

So your telling me that 9GB out of 20GB only allowed me to play the first 10 minutes? Why even allow me to play?

Also update, since last post it was 58% and now 62% complete. It's been over an hour now and i think something is seriously wrong, just dont know what though :/

UrbanRats

Has anyone on PC experienced problems trying to load their game by any chance? I've been playing my copy since Fri with no issues (even earlier today) but this evening I can't get ingame at all.
I can load the game up just fine and reach the main menu but when I click "continue" it starts loading but then freezes here:

Doing a ctrl,alt,del and it says the game is not responding and I have to end the process. It does this everytime I try to play the game.
I've verified my game files, disabled AV in the background, disabled the uplay overlay, tried running uplay as admin, ran uplay in offline mode, changed graphics settings before clicking continue and I've reverted my AMD drivers from 14.6 to 14.4 (which the game previously worked fine on). Still not working and not sure what else I can try? :/

I've been havibng a crash right there.
I had to verify the game's integrity twice and it finally downloaded some missing shit.
Probably due to the fact that yesterday their servers were all broken up and couldn't finish up properly.

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet though, so i'm just ASSUMING that it works, now.

Like this?

I haven't started the game yet, so there's no save to corrupt!

cripterion

Once again fuck mobile challenges, last time I accept a match. Most of the time the users have no idea what they are doing and just quit once you're about to win leaving you hanging with nothing. Clearly ubi hasn't thought this through.

Once again fuck mobile challenges, last time I accept a match. Most of the time the users have no idea what they are doing and just quit once you're about to win leaving you hanging with nothing. Clearly ubi hasn't thought this through.
As far as I can tell, there's literally no penalty for disconnecting early in any game mode. You even get a retaliation chance if you disconnected on someone (had a quitter try to hack me back but he failed of course).

dex3108

Mobile challenges often just disconnect in the middle of challenge. It is not your fault or mobile player fault.

cripterion

Mobile challenges often just disconnect in the middle of challenge. It is not your fault or mobile player fault.

I find it quite convenient how the disconnect always happens when I'm on the last point of the map and the mobile player is far away in his helicopter doing god knows what.

M.Steiner

JaseC had a very similar saga with ACIV. If it is corrupt saves, Ubi won't do anything about it I'm afraid.

He had to resort to making local backups constantly.
Damn, that must've sucked. Hopefully it's something else causing the issue instead but yeah, looking like it may be corrupt..

I've been havibng a crash right there.
I had to verify the game's integrity twice and it finally downloaded some missing shit.
Probably due to the fact that yesterday their servers were all broken up and couldn't finish up properly.

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet though, so i'm just ASSUMING that it works, now.
Just verified my files again (3 times just to be sure) and they're coming back fine. Hope it works out for you though :)

I may move my save files out of the directory and onto my desktop and then try and start a new game. See if it hangs on the loading screen for me then as well. Other than trying a complete reinstall of the game that's about the only thing I haven't tried. I've just left the new game as a last resort as I really didn't want to have to do that. Was loving the game but that's really not cool.

decaf

The AppSpy guys have put up a video of multiplayer gameplay between Watch_Dogs Companion: ctOS Mobile and the PC version of Watch_Dogs over here. First videos of it as far as I'm aware.

lR6YhOn.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So where exactly do I go to get all my season pass content like the machine guns and outfits?

So you can't record share button footage during story missions?

Edit: Maybe you can... not sure if it's the game or just the share button screwing up again.

jiiikoo

Banned
How do you access the Mobster outfit and gun? I got the Gold edition and shouldn't that have it? :eek: I haven't found any way to do it by myself.

I see many here sharing funny things that have happened in the game so here is mine: I was parked next to some portapottys and there was a woman banging the door yelling "I need to get in. I don't feel so good" and a guy replying "no way!!". Second later the woman was throwing up all over the place :(

CRA5H

How exactly can I invade my friend's game on PS4? So far, the only way it seems is to create a session and invite friends which defeats the purpose really..

dex3108

I find it quite convenient how the disconnect always happens when I'm on the last point of the map and the mobile player is far away in his helicopter doing god knows what.

Same here but i can confirm that it happens because Ubisoft servers not because players. I have tried challenge on mobile app and in game and 90% of time app losses connection first. That's why helicopter is not responding in your game.

hwy_61

Banned
Boy, the online is busted as shit, huh?! I was watching dansgaming stream last night and it would take him what felt like 10 minutes to connect to a online tailing match. I hope they fix that shit soon!

At the risk of sounding like a pompous ass, and keeping in mind that I've only ran through like four main missions and a few side ones with some additional grazing, I really don't feel like I'm in Chicago. Rather, I feel like I'm in a city influenced by Chicago.

It's so nitpicky and stupid, but things like the L not having the proper names to not having turnstiles really irks me. And they combined so many neighborhoods that they don't have much of an identity.

Locals like me will bitch about this, but it's not a big deal, just something to rant about.

hwy_61

Banned
At the risk of sounding like a pompous ass, and keeping in mind that I've only ran through like four main missions and a few side ones with some additional grazing, I really don't feel like I'm in Chicago. Rather, I feel like I'm in a city influenced by Chicago.

It's so nitpicky and stupid, but things like the L not having the proper names to not having turnstiles really irks me. And they combined so many neighborhoods that they don't have much of an identity.

Locals like me will bitch about this, but it's not a big deal, just something to rant about.

I never expected them to model Chicago perfectly. I'm with you, but this game would've needed another 6 months of development to get everything right for us Chitown dwellers.

trinest

Where is the Dedsec mission (the one you collect all the QR codes for)? Can't find it after the guy told me what was needed and even was like "WE WILL GIVE YOU A LOCATION". :|

So I decide to park out on the sidewalk for while as I check my e-mails IRL - I kill the engine to the car.

I'm browsing the internet for about five minutes when suddenly a car bumps ever so slightly into one in front very close to where I was parked before it moves on.

I thought this was suspicious, so my engine starts up and I'm chasing after the car and yup, its an enemy hacker trailing me, cool car chase and foot chase through the city streets but eventually he escaped.

The car I was parked in I got from a hacking contract - I was hidden in this brightly lit alley sure that this guy would find me - he pulls up in the car and look in my direction but can't seem me behind cover. He eventually checks elsewhere so I take the risk - I run over to his car and hide inside and he was none the wiser.

I love this game.

Gurrry

Online for me was taking less than a minute. I did get a few disconnects/errors but overall it wasnt a hassle and was fun as fuck.

Im loving the online in this game.

They modeled interiors for the buildings. When you're walking by, you're looking up at the lights in the ceilings of each floor. I don't think it does it in every building, but it does it in enough buildings that it gives a very three dimensional feel to them. I guess it's called "Interior Simulation". Here's a gif of it:

Watch-Dogs-gif.gif

Noticed that last night. Might also be a parallax effect. Still, it adds A LOT.

Also, I keep walking around to go to missions. The vibe, colors and atmosphere is so good. I feel like I'm in a movie. Great feeling!

icespide

Banned
spent like an hour last night trying to do the first convoy mission I came across and eventually just gave up.

the mission seems impossible. am I missing something or do I just suck?

spent like an hour last night trying to do the first convoy mission I came across and eventually just gave up.

the mission seems impossible. am I missing something or do I just suck?

How early on are you, have you unlocked the full skill tree yet, they get a bit easier then.

Yesterday I did one quick, they hadn't noticed anyone was following and they'd stopped at a traffic light - I hopped off my bike and the shot the two drivers in the back car, stole it, and chased the van and took it out with some ballads just down the road

Had fun with what I played yesterday for a few hours, played around in the open world and as for the campaign, I am a little past
the part where you meet with Clara
. Game isn't mind blowing, graphics are alright, but the game is still fun. So far I'd give it a 7 or an 8/10.

Top Bottom