• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

pahamrick

Regarding Season Pass / Deluxe Edition content:

The outfits are in the ward robe at the hideouts, and the weapons should already be in your inventory. Just bring up the weapon wheel and highlight the weapons and use the left or right DPAD button to cycle between guns you already have.

icespide

Banned
How early on are you, have you unlocked the full skill tree yet, they get a bit easier then.

Yesterday I did one quick, they hadn't noticed anyone was following and they'd stopped at a traffic light - I hopped off my bike and the shot the two drivers in the back car, stole it, and chased the van and took it out with some ballads just down the road

I guess I'm still fairly early on, definitely haven't unlocked the full tree. I guess I'll wait until I've experienced some more stuff before tackling one of those again!

Is the Audio in the game a bit wonky?

I've got it coming up as DTS on my 7.1 Amp, but it still seems somewhat off. Dialogue way too loud and not enough ambient effects ... music too loud. Bit of an imbalance overall.

I've toyed with the levels in options, but I thought it might be the same issue NBA2K14 had, wherby you have to change to PCM to get any sense of surround. Havent tried that yet ...

Dunno .. anyone else with (or know of) any issues?

CRA5H

I've got it coming up as DTS on my 7.1 Amp, but it still seems somewhat off. Dialogue way too loud and not enough ambient effects ... music too loud. Bit of an imbalance overall.

I've toyed with the levels in options, but I thought it might be the same issue NBA2K14 had, wherby you have to change to PCM to get any sense of surround. Havent tried that yet ...

I'm not even getting DTS.. its LPCM even though I'm trying to force DTS

jiiikoo

Banned
Regarding Season Pass / Deluxe Edition content:

The outfits are in the ward robe at the hideouts, and the weapons should already be in your inventory. Just bring up the weapon wheel and highlight the weapons and use the left or right DPAD button to cycle between guns you already have.

Nope, they weren't there. No guns or clothes for me :(

hbkdx12

Also, I keep walking around to go to missions. The vibe, colors and atmosphere is so good. I feel like I'm in a movie. Great feeling!

This..

I almost hate driving anywhere (not because the driving is bad, it's not good but not as terrible as people make it out to be, sidenote: is there no handbrake?) because the people and the city feel so alive and even more so when you use the profiler.

Love how all the hacked convos kind of start off in the middle so you don't have much of an idea of whats going on until you listen all the way through. Hacked someones convo and the women on the line was talking about a QR tattoo she got in a very special place but the way the convo played out it was vague up until near the end. It was great. I chuckled.

Also did a privacy mission and
I hacked into a guy who either died of natural causes or killed himself and when you hack in he's just on the floor dead and there's a phone nearby and you hack his phone and it's a voicemail from his son saying how he hasn't heard from him in a few days and he doesn't want the father to think he's a burden and gets in the way and that he'd be by to see him later
. It was probably the first time my heart sank a lil in a game. It was quite moving.

Seriously, hats off to Ubi for creating a world with people that are actually interesting and worth taking the time to watch and observe. It adds so much to the game. it's amazing. Surely one of the things that'll keep me coming back

I guess I'm still fairly early on, definitely haven't unlocked the full tree. I guess I'll wait until I've experienced some more stuff before tackling one of those again!

When I'd barely started I was given a mission just to take one car out and I found it impossible - I was on a bike and he'd speed past hacks before I could even finish selecting them,

jiiikoo

Banned
This..

I almost hate driving anywhere (not because the driving is bad, it's not good but not as terrible as people make it out to be, sidenote: is there no handbrake?) because the people and the city feel so alive and even more so when you use the profiler.

On PS4 the handbrake is pressing the Circle button.

pahamrick

Nope, they weren't there. No guns or clothes for me :(

That's really weird. :( It's where they were for me on the PC version. Unless you need to pass a certain point in the story first, I don't know. I didn't bother checking ward robe or for more guns until I got silenced pistol.

That's really weird. :( It's where they were for me on the PC version. Unless you need to pass a certain point in the story first, I don't know. I didn't bother checking ward robe or for more guns until I got silenced pistol.

Where are you in the story? I'm only at mission 7 in act 1 and I don't have the clothes either.

GavinUK86

if anyone is having trouble trying to equip the 20's mobster outfit and the tommy gun, i re-downloaded both of them and restarted my ps4 and they showed up in game then. just to make sure, check the installed content on the main menu of watch dogs too. some of the other gear will only show up near the end of act 1. afaik the mobster stuff should be there from the beginning.

jiiikoo

Banned

Must be some sort of problem with the Season Pass authentication or something. I'm about to start Act 2 and none of the SP content is available.

I bought the season pass and got the mobster outfit/gun but how do I get the other ones shown in the trailer like the green paint splattered coat?

hbkdx12

How do you access the Mobster outfit and gun? I got the Gold edition and shouldn't that have it? :eek: I haven't found any way to do it by myself.

Has it been confirmed that it's already been released or is it future content? I got the gold version too and the only thing i had straight off the bat was the white hacker outfit and my uplay rewards.

Could be locked behind a certain mission possibly? Edit: I guess not based on what other people are saying. hmmm

pahamrick

Where are you in the story? I'm only at mission 7 in act 1 and I don't have the clothes either.

Must be some sort of problem with the Season Pass authentication or something. I'm about to start Act 2 and none of the SP content is available.

Got to be some issue some where. I remember reading you unlocked the coats / weapons AFTER doing the missions for them, but everything for me was unlocked from the get go. I've only done 6 story missions in act 1, I've mostly been doing side stuff multiplayer.

Has it been confirmed that it's already been released or is it future content? I got the gold version too and the only thing i had straight off the bat was the white hacker outfit and my uplay rewards.

Could be locked behind a certain mission possibly? Edit: I guess not based on what other people are saying. hmmm

I've already got it.

hbkdx12

if anyone is having trouble trying to equip the 20's mobster outfit and the tommy gun, i re-downloaded both of them and restarted my ps4 and they showed up in game then. just to make sure, check the installed content on the main menu of watch dogs too. some of the other gear will only show up near the end of act 1. afaik the mobster stuff should be there from the beginning.

Thanks. Will give this a shot. Had no idea i was even missing out on content

Yasae

Banned
Yeah the economy is pretty...

euKtpHH.gif

pahamrick

Yeah, I dunno, I'm halfway through act 1, have all weapons, all outfits and have 215k in the bank. The hacking random people thing just brings in wayyyyy too much cash.

Yeah. It's kind of ridiculous. I grabbed the one upgrade to give you more money thinking I'd need to because of how pricey some of the guns were, then I started getting 15k+ from rich bank accounts.

Yasae

Banned
If you want handling try the old fashioned muscle cars. Those things growl and yet also turn on a dime while they're barreling down the road.

I've found the "Compensating for something/midlife crisis" sports vehicles to be fast, but their handling is not always the best.

hbkdx12

Yeah, I dunno, I'm halfway through act 1, have all weapons, all outfits and have 215k in the bank. The hacking random people thing just brings in wayyyyy too much cash.

Granted there could be more things to spend money on but too much money is generally always gonna be an open world problem.

Either that or you go to the opposite side of the spectrum and go the GTA V route where you never have any money at all because everything you do in that game is a "favor" to someone in which case you never get paid for virtually anything

GavinUK86

especially with the upgrade that highlights the rich bank accounts. hack a couple of them and you're set.

Yasae

Banned
especially with the upgrade that highlights the rich bank accounts. hack a couple of them and you're set.
Yep. I've passed on those upgrades so far and gone for cars, guns, or other hacking perks.

Interesting to note that there is a skill which reduces the damage your car takes and another which increases the damage other cars take, so that might play in a little bit towards the crash damage not being as robust.

Then again, you can always grab a semi, firetruck, or armored car and watch the shrapnel fly. Honestly when crashing with heavier vehicles you get a lot of action.

Kabouter

Granted there could be more things to spend money on but too much money is generally always gonna be an open world problem.

Either that or you go to the opposite side of the spectrum and go the GTA V route where you never have any money at all because everything you do in that game is a "favor" to someone in which case you never get paid for virtually anything

Well, I mean, there should be more of a balance. I've never played an open world game that had an economy as broken as Watch_Dogs'. As noted above, rich bank accounts will get you 15k with the right skill. Nothing in the game costs enough to justify gaining that much cash with so little effort.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well, I mean, there should be more of a balance. I've never played an open world game that had an economy as broken as Watch_Dogs'. As noted above, rich bank accounts will get you 15k with the right skill. Nothing in the game costs enough to justify gaining that much cash with so little effort.

Not that I disagree with you fundamentally, but arent the cars super expensive?

The economy still seems broken though.

Jobbs

Banned
I like the criminal convoy missions. Just did one where it was a bank heist on their way back. I set up on the road and managed to take out the marked target, but the bodyguards were particularly tough and numerous, including one wearing armor. I got into a car and drove until I reached a small neighorbood. I went on food and started jumping fences, playing cat and mouse and whittling their numbers. Lured the armored one to an explosive node and took him down that way.

Was a pretty thrilling fight, worth the price of admission. Still a very unpolished game though.

foxdvd

Online, I know a lot of people are frustrated by people quitting but I also find it frustrating when you join a game and the person is on top of a building with one entrance and is waiting for you to actual start the profile or trace...there is one place in particular that there is NO way to start the hack/tail without them immediately identifying you. You can even see them watching you approach with the one main camera in the alley.

Can you change your default car in main missions? It seems crappy to get a sweet ride only to be stuck with that shit red car you start out with once the mission starts.

jiiikoo

Banned
WTF, I think I cannot access any of the Season Pass content. I don't have the bonus digital trip (only four, not five) nor do I have any of them. All I have is the white hat hacker thingy. hmm

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Whats the quickest way to get cash? I just blew like $50k on the suits so now have $100.

Also loving some of these missions, the atmosphere and background music while taking guys down during a blackout is awesome.

Best thing about the game: Alkaline Trio - Private Eye.

That seriously surprised me to hear such an old song. I dusted off my old CD and ripped it to my phone for a good old listen.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

The mix is really shitty on the PS4 as well (DTS 5.1).

What is the deal with games having such awful sound mixing these days? Wolfenstein was even worse.

hbkdx12

I agree. 15k from one account is quite excessive but even without that, money would still be a non issue unless they implemented some serious handicaps which would ultimately undermine if not flat out ruin the power fantasy that comes with being a hacker in this game and what it tries to do

I'm not even out of the woods in regards to the tutorials and i'm already pushing 75K in cash just from basic low level hacking.

I get where you coming from but it just seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation.

Yasae

Banned
AC2 was about as broken, and unfortunately never got patched.

I would be fine if they simply changed how much money you receive and how much things cost. There do need to be more things to spend money on etc but the balancing has really gotta get nailed down first. It's not excusable in 2014.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What effect does being good/evil have on the game? I'm assuming hitting certain percentages gives you an ability unlock? Is there anything else?

Can I potentially be really evil, get all the unlocks, then be really good to get those unlocks in the same game?

Top Bottom