• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've now come to the conclusion that the shooting in this game isn't as good as GTA V. Superior movement and stealth gives a different and better dimension to combat a lot of the time, but yeah I think open firefights are better in GTA V. The inability to shoot without pressing L2 is lame.

Kelsey

Banned
Wait what cost nearly 50k besides cars?

Coats cost upwards of 5k each. I imagine he bought a bunch of them.

And the answer to getting more cash is simply go to a crowded area and hack people. Then hit the ATM. As others said, the economy in the game is completely broken, and I don't know why I'd ever put points into the money hacking portion of the upgrade tree. I would guess the next game will introduce more GTA5-esque car upgrades and let you really trick out a car.

Yasae

Banned
I agree. 15k from one account is quite excessive but even without that, money would still be a non issue unless they implemented some serious handicaps which would ultimately undermine if not flat out ruin the power fantasy that comes with being a hacker in this game and what it tries to do

I'm not even out of the woods in regards to the tutorials and i'm already pushing 75K in cash just from basic low level hacking.

I get where you coming from but it just seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation.
It's the degree of power fantasy, though. There's no real power if you can get everything so early. It won't fix all the problems but sheesh, anybody could balance these costs and income better.

Requiem

Sheesh, the driving in this game leaves a lot to be desired.

Otherwise I am having fun with the game. It's much more fun and challenging to play the game stealthy then to go balls to the wall guns blazing.

hbkdx12

WTF, I think I cannot access any of the Season Pass content. I don't have the bonus digital trip (only four, not five) nor do I have any of them. All I have is the white hat hacker thingy. hmm

Same boat. Currently at work though, did you try what this guy said?

if anyone is having trouble trying to equip the 20's mobster outfit and the tommy gun, i re-downloaded both of them and restarted my ps4 and they showed up in game then. just to make sure, check the installed content on the main menu of watch dogs too. some of the other gear will only show up near the end of act 1. afaik the mobster stuff should be there from the beginning.

Hasney

It's the degree of power fantasy, though. There's no real power if you can get everything so early. It won't fix all the problems but sheesh, anybody could balance these costs and income better.

There was so many people working on it, they probably got confused. Whoever did the ATM hacking set everything at a Canadian $ while the shop price guy set it at a US $ price.

Daffy Duck

WTF, I think I cannot access any of the Season Pass content. I don't have the bonus digital trip (only four, not five) nor do I have any of them. All I have is the white hat hacker thingy. hmm

You wont have access to all the season pass content, AFAIK there is no release schedule for any of it, you only appear to get the untouchable skin and conspiracy one straight off.

I find the motorcycles handle the road great. Works good in first person too.

I can't get enough of the gang hideouts. So much fun stealthily taking out just the one guy and leaving before anyone notices.

jiiikoo

Banned
Same boat. Currently at work though, did you try what this guy said?

I can't seem to figure out how to reinstall the season pass or the bonus content. I just deleted the whole Watch_Dogs and I'm in the process of redownloading the whole damn thing. :D And when I wen't in to the Watch_Dogs additional content menu, I couldn't even press the Download Content. It was greyed out. All I could do is look at what I owned and there it said I had the Season Pass and the other one installed.

MarkV

Now that there are more people playing it i'll try again: where is the theater saw in the 2012 reveal? I continue to miss it.

bargeparty

How do you guys handle the choppers when being chased by the cops? There's NO way to disable them while I'm in a car. It doesn't auto-lock on and I can't look up far enough to see them because they're right fucking above me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wait what cost nearly 50k besides cars?

The clothes, I decided to buy nearly all of them. Some are like $5000 or even $8000 for a few I think.

Now that there are more people playing it i'll try again: where is the theater saw in the 2012 reveal? I continue to miss it.

It's in the loop, it's on the corner of a City Hotspot in that area. See where the cursor is on the map to the top left of it is a tick and it's hovering over a gray block. That building is the theater.

QcEwQLD.jpg

cackhyena

Sheesh, the driving in this game leaves a lot to be desired.

Otherwise I am having fun with the game. It's much more fun and challenging to play the game stealthy then to go balls to the wall guns blazing.
I love that it's a proper option, unlike AC. Wish every open world game could give me those choices.

Kinthalis

Banned
Anyone else finding getting hacked kind of dull?

It's always the same:

Guy hides inside car. When you find him he takes off, and by the time you're in your vehicle he is loooong gone.

Anyone have any tips for delaing with this.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is anyone able to invite a friend on PC?

I've tried making a private lobby for Free roam and Decryption, but the invite friend button doesn't seem to work. Highlight it, press right mouse or enter or anything, nothing happens.

Also, I can't seem to find any online games aside from 1v1 hacking.

Any advice for inviting friends?

Strider

Did 2 online hacking missions. Lost 1 and got 100% completion on the other. Worked flawless both times for me and I think it's pretty cool how you remain in the same location once it's completed and you return to your own game.

KORNdoggy

what determines whether you're invaded or not. i've had a single instance where i was invaded without accepting it first. the rest i get a pop-up asking if i want to be invaded, which i ignore becasue it's not fun in the slightest.

How do you guys handle the choppers when being chased by the cops? There's NO way to disable them while I'm in a car. It doesn't auto-lock on and I can't look up far enough to see them because they're right fucking above me.

I always head underneath a bridge. Especially in the loop the subway lines makes the same turns the roads do.

Did 2 online hacking missions. Lost 1 and got 100% completion on the other. Worked flawless both times for me and I think it's pretty cool how you remain in the same location once it's completed and you return to your own game.

I finally got 100% too. I don't want to give away my secrets but it was pretty funny. I took cover behind a van and as the proximity got lower and lower the player came over to my location. I would just do laps around the van as he was looking around for me. Probably super frustrating for him. Hilarious for me.

what determines whether you're invaded or not. i've had a single instance where i was invaded without accepting it first. the rest i get a pop-up asking if i want to be invaded, which i ignore becasue it's not fun in the slightest.

You should turn the multiplayer off. Simple.

Strider

If you don't like it you can't you just turn it off in the options?

It's always the same:

Guy hides inside car. When you find him he takes off, and by the time you're in your vehicle he is loooong gone.

grenade launcher will solve a lot of issues.......believe me.

Also whats the true point of online free roam? There seems to be almost nothing to do like in GTA.......I only messed with it last night for about 2 hours with my little brother.....but all we did was cause mayhem and run from the cops the entire time. Didn't really see any activities to do unless I missed something.

Tiberius

Is the season pass not working on console ?
There's a lot of missing content
Only got the zombie like mode and the south club costume

Cth

Someone tried to invade me yesterday and I had no clue what I was doing at the moment..

Ended up causing chaos and bringing a TON of police along for the ride and had this massive shoot out/explosion fest near the hacker and ended up getting him with seconds to spare :D

Wish I had saved the footage!

Kelsey

Banned

You never get asked for permission to be invaded(unless I'm missing something completely). You may be seeing random NPCs in the world offering the ability to invade someone else, which you can ignore. If you initiate the invasion, you do get the option to not do it once it finds someone to invade. As for what determines it - if you're in a mission you can't be invaded. If you're not, you're open to being invaded unless you go into options and turn it off completely.

valkyre

So can I get a consensus in regards to the game's side mission / free roaming quality?

Is there variety, or are they boring repeated fetch quests?

This is a really important factor in determining whether i will get the game or not.

jiiikoo

Banned

I got the pop-up of being hacked while I was playing and I panicked. Ran all over the purple circle without finding the hacker but as he was hitting 99% I spotted him and I gunned him down. He seemed kinda pissed :(

jiiikoo

Banned
Is the season pass not working on console ?
There's a lot of missing content
Only got the zombie like mode and the south club costume

Seems like it. All I have access in-game is the White Hat costume. Thats all I have seen. Im not even 100% sure what I was supposed to get with the pack I purchased. The info on SEN was soooo little.

Seanspeed

Banned

It's always the same:

That's exactly what I always felt would happen in a *real*, and not scripted, multiplayer instance, like we saw in the previews.

Xenon

Does the PS4 record the last 15 min of WD gameplay? I had eventful police chase last night but when I hit share button the Watch Dogs folder was empty. Is there a setting to enable this?

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone have any ideas about inviting friends?

My friend has invited me, I can see the invite via Uplay, but there's no option to accept there and no pop up in game.

Am I overlooking something super obvious?

hbkdx12

For sure and im no game designer/developer but i just feel like trying to limit the amount of money a person can get/have/use in an open world game can very easily tip the scales of just being artificial for the sake of "balance"

For example, without giving it much thought here are a few ways i feel this game could help balance the economy...

-Cut amount you can get from a single bank account and/or increase the costs of things you can buy (this leads to things like outfits costing 50k and people having $100 in their account)

-Cut the amount of hackable accounts in an given area and/or timeframe

-Gate off items/weapons/etc behind things like leveling and/or story progression (in this instance, you'd still have an excess of money but new things would be trickled down to you and unlocked as you progressed. GTA V does this and it's just annoying as it just teases you not to mention just back loads the end of the game to where you're most powerful or most well equipped which too many games already have this problem to begin with IMO)

-Ownership of items is temporary, not permanent (there was a game, a fairly recent one that i can't remember atm where your guns were customizable and you could swap out different parts but every time you swapped out a part it would cost you. None of the parts were just permanently unlocked. So to apply that to watch dogs, switching to a new outfit would cost money every time)

-Make it so that rich accounts have some kind of added security feature to their account where it turns into a mini-game you have to hack through before you can get the money? (this seems like it would get annoying really fast)

I dunno, i agree the system on the whole in regards to money and open world games could be better but again seems very damned if you do, damned if you don't. Look at GTA, the grand daddy of open world games and the quintessential "i have far too much money than i know what to do with" game. In GTA V, they tried to circumvent this by making it so that you barely got any money for the missions you completed and a lot of people complained how they never had any money

MattyG

Banned
Anyone else having issues with signing in on PS4? It goes through the connecting to Uplay screen and then says it couldn't get a network connection.

Dyno

Played two hours last night.

The missions? They seem static and cramped. The driving? Really terrible coming off GTAV. No flow and every collision or fender bender is the same. The world itself can be interesting at times, I was amused by the profiling. The combat? Reminded me of Sleeping Dogs but not as good.

Is this Ubisoft's first attempt at open-world/urban/driving? I think so. I can't recall another. It shows. Ubi's first attempt at genres often has a half-baked feel. They usually have the money to keep trying until they get it right (Far Cry 3 is an example.)

Have fun to all those sticking around!

hbkdx12

Seems like it. All I have access in-game is the White Hat costume. Thats all I have seen. Im not even 100% sure what I was supposed to get with the pack I purchased. The info on SEN was soooo little.

Seriously

I had no idea that i was even missing content until i stumbled upon the discussion this morning. I just assumed whatever wasn't there was future content

Only things i know i got for sure at the point im at in the game is the white hat costume and the R33B gun

Even that machine gun from the monster website that some posted a day or two ago i haven't seen but i may not be far enough since im not past the tutorials. No clue! All very weird to say the least

nate75

Just been wandering around the city today doing hotspots ,intrusions and some online when it works, but when it does its pretty damn fun and unpredictable.

xzy6Hrn.jpg

Taking a stroll around the Botanical Gardens

Kinthalis

Banned
That's exactly what I always felt would happen in a *real*, and not scripted, multiplayer instance, like we saw in the previews.

I think it would be fairer at least if the one doing the hacking didn't get a warning when he is profiled. Last night, when this happened for the second time, I could have pretended to run past his car obvlivious to him, turn around, pull out my weapon and fire before he had a headstart. Or I could have gotten into the truck in front of himand tried ot box him in. But there's not enough time from the current warning to do anything, before he can take off.

ButchCat

i know a few people were having problems with season pass content on ps(3)4, according to chat support it's ubisoft's fault the season pass content doesn't unlock and will be released "in the coming days."

so, yeah....

That's unacceptable. I won't really care about the items once I am done with the game.

I was under the impression that all season passes were for future content. The pass is just to get them at a slightly discounted price. Why are some people bent out of shape?

Kelsey

Banned
I was under the impression that all season passes were for future content. The pass is just to get them at a slightly discounted price. Why are some people bent out of shape?

Because the Season Pass on PS4 is supposed to also included about 4 of the pre-order incentive packs offered from various retailers.

Alexalder

Banned
First ten minutes on XBO: uPlay is down, it takes an incredibly long time waiting for connection. Game starts, no voice acting at all, only effects through the first cutscene.
First cutscene ends, achievement unlocked "Hello World" has been translated into "Benvenuto" ("Welcome") in Italian.
Still no voice acting. Restart. uPlay is down. Soft lock. Restart.
#ubisoftbeingubisoft

Top Bottom