• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I was under the impression that all season passes were for future content. The pass is just to get them at a slightly discounted price. Why are some people bent out of shape?

It was suppose to include the pre-order bonuses from other retail as well. Implying that you will be able to have access to it now. If it is available already for some people and not for season pass holders Ubi could at least give everyone a date instead of just keeping everyone in the dark.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So is the Bean rendering intentional (for technical issues) or a bug?

watchdogs5.jpg

Real life

66068.jpg

I'm severely unimpressed by this game. The driving sucks. The physics suck. The car damage sucks. The lighting sucks. The gameplay is average. There doesn't seem to be much to do in the city.

Why am I playing this? Can someone please give me a reason to continue playing? Does it get better or does it stay like this the entire game?

Alexalder

Banned
So is the Bean rendering intentional (for technical issues) or a bug?

watchdogs5.jpg

Real life

66068.jpg
Definitely a bug
I'm severely unimpressed by this game. The driving sucks. The physics suck. The car damage sucks. The lighting sucks. The gameplay is average. There doesn't seem to be much to do in the city.

Why am I playing this? Can someone please give me a reason to continue playing? Does it get better or does it stay like this the entire game?
I like driving, especially motorbikes
First ten minutes on XBO: uPlay is down, it takes an incredibly long time waiting for connection. Game starts, no voice acting at all, only effects through the first cutscene.
First cutscene ends, achievement unlocked "Hello World" has been translated into "Benvenuto" ("Welcome") in Italian.
Still no voice acting. Restart. uPlay is down. Soft lock. Restart.
#ubisoftbeingubisoft
Anyone else experiencing this?

Daffy Duck

Ah alright.

But back to my problem:

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS THE SEASON PASS CONTENT IN-GAME?

AFAIK the season pass content is not released yet. Only a couple of the outfits.

Because the Season Pass on PS4 is supposed to also included about 4 of the pre-order incentive packs offered from various retailers.

It does include those bonuses, but hey have not released all of them yet. As a season pass holder you get it two weeks early.

Got a copy. Played the first hour or so.

My first impressions are the out of car movement feels like crap and the driving is not much better. Hopefully its something I just adjust to.

Oh no camera angle feels right. Out of car FOV is super narrow and none of the driving cameras feel right.

Looks ok outside of texture filtering which really stands out with all the high quality brick textures they use but it does sound nice though. Cars sound good and the music fits.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Someone said earlier it's trademarked or something, so they put it upside down and non-reflective.

Ooh, you're right, the artist (Chicago as licensee) holds the copyright - forgot about that. Guess they wanted too much money from Ubi for Watch_Dogs. It's too bad.

As is the case for all works of art currently covered by United States copyright law, the artist holds the copyright for the sculpture. This allows the public to freely photograph Cloud Gate, but permission from Kapoor or the City of Chicago (which has licensed the art) is required for any commercial reproductions of the photographs. The city first set a policy of collecting permit fees for photographs. These permits were initially set at $350 per day for professional still photographers, $1,200 per day for professional videographers and $50 per hour for wedding photographers. The policy has been changed so permits are only required for large-scale film, video and photography requiring ten-person crews and equipment.

Dawg

Does anyone know how the world map gets updated with new icons?

Like, I didn't find all the
serial killer investigation icons
but
sometimes it feels like the world map added a new part of that investigation. Or maybe I missed it before? Do they add more icons as you go through the story?

Are the Fixer side missions that pop up every now and again set in stone or are they randomly generated? Is there an end goal with them, or is it endless?

hbkdx12

Really? Cuz there seems to be no shortage of things to engage in to the point that its kind of overwhelming

Nintyb

Banned
Slowly getting used to the driving. Loving the shit outta the game but I've only done two story missions in 4 hrs of play. Distractions.

Strider

Wut. The amount of content is overwhelming. It's crazy how much stuff there is to do.

but
sometimes it feels like the world map added a new part of that investigation. Or maybe I missed it before? Do they add more icons as you go through the story?

Hack ctos towers.

timewyrm

AFAIK the season pass content is not released yet. Only a couple of the outfits.

It does include those bonuses, but hey have not released all of them yet. As a season pass holder you get it two weeks early.

So, in other words, you get all the DDE stuff unlocked right now, and the DLC later (but earlier than people without a season pass) ?

RE_Player

I've put in 5 hours. Boggles my mind how this got high reviews. This is average at best and proves how influential the hype train is to certain reviewers. No one will bring this game up for highlights of this generation.

Hasney

but

The ctOS towers add icons for the side-missions. Also, once you get to a certain point in those missions, a final one is unlocked somewhere.

Are bathroom mirrors trademarked too?

I kid!

Haha! I think some of the DLC will show that he's a vampire. I've been playing on ultra detail, reflections and water and although the puddles look great, I can't see Aiden in any of them either.

Do side missions ever end? Whenever I do the alien phone game thing it seems to go on for an unlimited number of rounds? And when delivering cars I have to 'get into the next car' a bunch too?

Kelsey

Banned
but then doesn't that screw up your skills or something if i do chose to go online? i read that was a "thing"?

If you wait until you're done with single player to do online stuff, you wont be affected. If you do a few online encounters and earn XP for those skills, they'll disappear if you turn off the online. So it's best to go all or nothing from the start.

Daffy Duck

So, in other words, you get all the DDE stuff unlocked right now, and the DLC later (but earlier than people without a season pass) ?

That's how it seems. But I don't think you get the signature shot pack, the palace pack or the breakthrough pack. You just get the outfits.

The DLC will be at some point in the future, but no idea when, and you will get it two weeks prior to general release.

Eterniti

Noticed that last night. Might also be a parallax effect. Still, it adds A LOT.

Also, I keep walking around to go to missions. The vibe, colors and atmosphere is so good. I feel like I'm in a movie. Great feeling!

I'd like to see if anyone can confirm that this happens on console versions as well.

SkylineRKR

Find a guard with the security code.

This is already getting to me much like the repetitiveness of AC1 did. I'm having more fun with WD than I ever had with AC though, but the more I play the more I realize this game just is nothing special.

I haven't lost faith yet though, I hope Destiny is going to deliver.

Jarrod38

Only got to play for about an hour or so last night as from what I played so far it's good, but man the controls for the vehicles suck.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Chicago-GAF, how accurate is the game?

They removed some streets and changed the shapes of a lot of the blocks downtown. My actual apartment is in the game but it is shrunk down from a 26 story building to a small two story building. My work however is pretty much a 1:1 copy (it is a major building/skyline piece tho).

All in all they got the accuracy about 75% right, but captured the feel 100%.

hbkdx12

Slowly getting used to the driving. Loving the shit outta the game but I've only done two story missions in 4 hrs of play. Distractions.

It's basically Distractions: The Video Game. So much to do

I've put in 5 hours. Boggles my mind how this got high reviews. This is average at best and proves how influential the hype train is to certain reviewers. No one will bring this game up for highlights of this generation.

If nothing else, the NPC AI in the open world is probably head and shoulders above any other open world game

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally got to play for an hour or two last night :)

As I expected this game is right up my alley... I need to play a bit more to offer "review-like" impressions but I'm having a blast with it so far. I'm impressed with how open it feels and the stream of having a nearly-constant "next thing to do" if you feel like it is really apparent- almost overwhelming. I had to stop just chaining little missions together or I could've gone all night.

Average quality of the assets you'll encounter is very high, as is the sound design. City feels lived-in and for the most part is a joy to explore. Even if you don't like the driving, you can fast travel and take the L-Trains and get around pretty damn reasonably.

If I were to pick something to highlight from my early experience it would be the 1v1 online hacking. I get that this is not for everybody. But holy crap is this my kind of multiplayer. Paranoia is such a powerful tool for an online competitive mode, I'm shocked we haven't really seen more of this before (I know the AC multiplayer had some "blend in with the NPCs" features but I could never get into those modes).

Online where the last thing you want to do is get into a firefight with your target... the prep time they give you as an invader before activating the hack... forcing NPC behaviors as a host to identify the intruder... it's just so good. The possibilities to be creative are all over the place, but I'll just relate my three experiences.
  • Invaded a dude who was in a car. Casually drove in the opposite direction, obeying all traffic laws, until he crossed my path. Pulled a U-Turn and just tailed him for a minute. Eventually he blows the lights at an intersection I'm just pulling up to, to see who acts odd (good thinking!). Only, nobody acts odd. I just pulled into the intersection and paused idling in front of a crash just like any other NPC car and sat there. He goes nuts running around a nearby square profiling people and ignoring all the cars in the intersection. Hack complete.
  • Invaded someone who was running around a graveyard. Started the download while walking along paved path- abuse that casual walking speed- after the target had just run right by me, maximizing my time before being profiled in the open. Noticing what other NPCs were doing nearby, I strolled up to one of the unattended gravestones and stood in front of it, putting my phone away. Paid my respects to the dead, unmoving from 20-100%, target never came anywhere close. Hack complete.
  • Almost immediately upon walking out of the graveyard I have a hack started on me. Scanning the nearby traffic I notice an extremely high performance car idling at a stop sign. Knew it was the hacker even before taking out the profiler. Interrupt the hack and spook him. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything as fast nearby to chase... should've thought to shoot out the tires, but he got away.
Anyone else finding getting hacked kind of dull?

It's always the same:

Guy hides inside car. When you find him he takes off, and by the time you're in your vehicle he is loooong gone.

Anyone have any tips for delaing with this.
No... no definitely not dull. It's heart-pounding for me.

Though that did happen to me, it's definitely counterable. If you think the invader might be in a car, getting into a car to profile people isn't a bad idea. If you're on foot and can shoot a couple tires they'll be much easier to catch too. Finally, I don't own one yet, but I think the grenade launcher would come in rather handy in these situations.
Did 2 online hacking missions. Lost 1 and got 100% completion on the other. Worked flawless both times for me and I think it's pretty cool how you remain in the same location once it's completed and you return to your own game.
I was kind of shocked the first time when I realized how this worked. I thought I was just waiting for the disconnect/send-off like in Dark Souls... but nope. Just back in my game. Seamless. <3

shuri

Banned
So today I helped this lady who owed 300$ from getting killed or beaten up, at least. Crime stopped!

.. on my way to the crime scene, I stole about 500$ from random people's bank accounts.

#watchdoglogic

Once they announced they were delaying the game to cut/fix content, I expected the deleted content to come back in the form of DLC (paid or free). We may end up being shocked to learn just how many side missions were created for this title. Maybe it will get shoveled into the season pass content.

So I am having uplay issues, surprise surprise, but I don't think they have to do with ubisofts server issues they are having at the moment. I think uplay is just coded horribly and I don't know how to fix this. So if anyone else has an idea that would be great. When I try and update the game uplay immediately fails and says is because either I don't have internet or I dont have disk space. This sounds like it could be the server issues but I mean it says it as soon as I click the button, not like a timeout or anything. Then I realized uplay was still storing its installer cache in an old drive that is completely full, I install watch dogs on a new drive that still has over 100gb but I forgot to change uplay cache location, I changed it now but it warned me that it "Wouldnt move old installers" so I have a suspicion that the reason its still failing is because it tried to do it in the old folder once before so now it wont move over to the new one. I don't really know how to go about solving that though. So if anyone's got any ideas I'd love to hear them. Enjoying the game in offline mode so far but I'd like to play around with the invasions and stuff.

nikos

I know the PS4 version is about equal to PC on "High" settings, but what about the textures? Does anyone know which PC setting it's equivalent to?

Zakalwe

Banned
Did a bit of research.

Apparently fraps prevents you from accessing the overlay or inviting/accepting invites. My friend had to leave just as I fixed it, so if there's anyone line right now on PC, would you mined adding me to test?

Also, if anyone ever needs to reinstall a game using manual back ups, this is how you do it:

- Place the files in a directory I want on the new PC (from the PC with the completed download)
- Install the game on the new PC and choose the same location as the copied location (i.e. D:\Games\Child of Light)
- Game will start to download again, exit Uplay (Make sure it's closed completely and not in tray)
- Go into Uplay client install directory for game data (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data)
- Delete all the files in the desired game data folder, this will be a folder that is purely a number. (for Child of Light it was 609 - you can open "uplay_install.state" in a text editor to see the game name)
- Delete all the temporary download files in the "uplay_download" folder. This will be in the location you have said the game must install to (i.e. D:\Games\Child of Light\uplay_download)
- Restart Uplay and game should have "Play" option now instead of "Download"

That's how it seems. But I don't think you get the signature shot pack, the palace pack or the breakthrough pack. You just get the outfits.

The DLC will be at some point in the future, but no idea when, and you will get it two weeks prior to general release.

Honestly this is the first time I heard that pre-order bonuses are going to be content for a later release. . plus the fact that they hyped up all the pre-order bonuses by having so god damn many for different retailers. Smh. I am not pleased. I want my content now.

Top Bottom