• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

hbkdx12

Honestly this is the first time I heard that pre-order bonuses are going to be content for a later release. . plus the fact that they hyped up all the pre-order bonuses by having so god damn many for different retailers. Smh. I am not pleased. I want my content now.

Not sure the preorder stuff is meant for later. The issue has come up on other forums and someone a few pages back said that someone in ubi chat support acknowledged that it's mistake that will be corrected so who knows

Lima

Yay second save corruption. Fuck this shit man. I love this game and took a day off and have to restart for the second time now.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Yup. He pulls out a baton and beats the shit out of someone while you watch. You can also only do this with enemies, you can't beat random pedestrians unfortunately.
Frankly, happy it does that rather than whine at me about Ezio not killing civilians just because some fool decided to hang out in the middle of a sword fight or decided to walk into a trip mine even though they saw me setting it RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM.

Oh Doris.....

BooxMmxIIAAIY51.jpg:large
Unfortunately, this is a level of detail the Machine won't give us on Person of Interest.

I only played for about an hour last night. Thoughts:

Game looks gorgeous.

Story is interesting enough so far.

Soundtrack on the radio is a snooze-fest, but the original soundtrack is good.

Driving is okay, but motorcycles are where it's at. I'm trying to play this without killing innocents or cops, so motorcycles really the best choice to avoid smashing a bunch of pedestrians.

Why does Aiden have a normal voice when
speaking to his sister
and Batman voice otherwise?

I haven't killed anyone yet, but hitting people with the baton is fun. I haven't shot anyone yet either, I think.

Profiler is cool.

I keep getting disconnected from uPlay, which is so bizarre. If I get disconnected from uPlay, does that mean I can't hack/invade people online?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Currently attempting "Alone" digital trip for the first time for the first time. Super intense. Haven't died yet.
EDIT:
Ok, extremely proud of this right now. Beat all of that in only one try and got a new outfit. :D

Muffdraul

I played for 5 hours last night, I don't think I did anything story related.

I had to force myself to stop doing every random side mission that popped up so I could make some story progress. Laughable that someone a couple pages back made the accusation "There doesn't seem to be much to do in the city."

Chitown B

I agree. Fun game, but sadly lacking in graphics department. Visually it's last gen game if you compare it to some other PS4 titles.

what other open world sandbox games are you comparing it to? Infamous, and......

I think it looks great for a 6 month out next gen title.

It's not actually the Bean In the game. One of the many things that are suggestive of Chicago but they couldn't do likely for copyright issues.

pretty sure the check-in said Bean.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So today I helped this lady who owed 300$ from getting killed or beaten up, at least. Crime stopped!

.. on my way to the crime scene, I stole about 500$ from random people's bank accounts.

#watchdoglogic

Yeah, I tried to initially hack only rich people, but then I realized that Aiden is essentially an amoral asshole and wouldn't differentiate and now I'm hacking everyone regardless of how wealthy they are. His going after criminals schtick is only weak cover for his need for revenge.

Chitown B

The car handling/physics/damage etc. in this game is fucking terrible. I have a great time with the game overall but fuck.

I really don't have much issue driving, at least so far as the car goes. It's more that it goes too fast for the type of driving in the city, and so I hit a lot of things because I'm being reckless.

hydruxo

I thought the driving was pretty awful at first too but I got used to it pretty quickly. The motorcycle handling on the other hand is great.

DukeBobby

There's certainly a lot to do in singleplayer, but aside from the gang hideouts, I'm not really enjoying any of it.

Multiplayer is great, though.

So today I helped this lady who owed 300$ from getting killed or beaten up, at least. Crime stopped!

.. on my way to the crime scene, I stole about 500$ from random people's bank accounts.

#watchdoglogic

Yeah, I tried to initially hack only rich people, but then I realized that Aiden is essentially an amoral asshole and wouldn't differentiate and now I'm hacking everyone regardless of how wealthy they are. His going after criminals schtick is only weak cover for his need for revenge.

Hey guys, what would happen if your bank account suddenly lost money for no reason through some kind of fraudulent ATM transaction? Would your bank tell you to suck an egg, or would they have you covered?

The way I see it, Aiden is stealing from the banks, not the individuals themselves. Why he thinks this is justifiable, though, I'm not entirely sure.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Chicago-GAF, how accurate is the game?

Lived downtown for 20 years, but haven't picked up a copy yet. Talking to my friends still in the city though playing it, and they are pretty impressed. Usual open-world game issues apply though, major landmarks exist in mostly accurate placement, albeit in a shrunk down and highly condensed version of the city. Expected, but for the most part they dig how well Chicago is represented, at least Streeterville/Gold Coast and some of the adjacent neighborhoods are very distinguishable.

They all also agree that the game looks really poor compared to expectations(none follow NeoGAF or the downgrade scandal either, just jumped in blind after recalling how great it once did show at E3). Without even bringing it up, they all talked about it not looking 'next-gen' at first blush. Was a bit surprised as that dominated our conversation and I didn't expect them to harp about it not being forum dwellers.

Just got played like a little school boy. Some guy hacked me in a tunnel - I was running from one end to the other trying to check if he is maybe above it. Turns out (I did not know that prior in my defense) he saw where I was and just walked around a pillar to avoid me. I got a few shots into him in the end but he managed to get away.

Muffdraul

I thought the driving was pretty awful at first too but I got used to it pretty quickly. The motorcycle handling on the other hand is great.

I went from "My god, this is almost unfucking playable" to "Eh, I can work with this" in less than hour. Still sucks ass, though. Especially in light of the dev team lead guy claiming "We worked very hard on the driving, it's one of the first things we got right, we really nailed it". Puh-lease.

Dawg

Hack ctos towers.

The ctOS towers add icons for the side-missions. Also, once you get to a certain point in those missions, a final one is unlocked somewhere.

Haha! I think some of the DLC will show that he's a vampire. I've been playing on ultra detail, reflections and water and although the puddles look great, I can't see Aiden in any of them either.

Hacked all of them. Still not all investigations icons on map.

Chitown B

Lived downtown for 20 years, but haven't picked up a copy yet. Talking to my friends still in the city though playing it, and they are pretty impressed. Usual open-world game issues apply though, major landmarks exist in mostly accurate placement, albeit in a shrunk down and highly condensed version of the city. Expected, but for the most part they dig how well Chicago is represented, at least Streeterville/Gold Coast and some of the adjacent neighborhoods are very distinguishable.

They all also agree that the game looks really poor compared to expectations(none follow NeoGAF or the downgrade scandal either, just jumped in blind after recalling how great it once did show at E3). Without even bringing it up, they all talked about it not looking 'next-gen' at first blush. Was a bit surprised as that dominated our conversation and I didn't expect them to harp about it not being forum dwellers.

I'm actually surprised that it looks better than I thought considering how much flak it has gotten pre-release. Though I'm upset that almost nothing has the correct name, at all. Even the Chicago Theatre is called "A Theatre" And unlike the demo, you can't just walk into it.

Sothpaw

I went from "My god, this is almost unfucking playable" to "Eh, I can work with this" in less than hour. Still sucks ass, though. Especially in light of the dev team lead guy claiming "We worked very hard on the driving, it's one of the first things we got right, we really nailed it". Puh-lease.

Yea I can deal with it, but driving is really important in these games and the devs failed.

For the campaign are all the parts (1-4) equally sized? As in once you complete part 1 you are done 25% of the game? I am still in Part 1 and I don't see myself beating it anytime soon since I get distracted with everything else in the game.

The car handling/physics/damage etc. in this game is fucking terrible. I have a great time with the game overall but fuck.

Yeah, I mostly stick to motor bikes because of that. Seems like all the cars need to be taken in for new brakes. I noticed that the e-brake really doesn't do shit. Maybe you can take a turn a tiny bit faster. Also, moving the camera while driving just fucks me up instantly so I try to keep my thumb off the right stick while driving and just let the auto camera keep up with the action. It's totally different coming off of GTA where I use the camera a lot to look around turns and above the car at oncoming traffic while driving.

Chitown B

LOVE motorcyles in the game. But they don't add to your garage, wtf? At least the one I rode didn't.

Yeah, I mostly stick to motor bikes because of that. Seems like all the cars need to be taken in for new brakes. I noticed that the e-brake really doesn't do shit. Maybe you can take a turn a tiny bit faster. Also, moving the camera while driving just fucks me up instantly so I try to keep my thumb off the right stick while driving and just let the auto camera keep up with the action. It's totally different coming off of GTA where I use the camera a lot to look around turns and above the car at oncoming traffic while driving.

The right stick is mainly for aiming at things to hack, not to view your car.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Would your bank tell you to suck an egg, or would they have you covered?

This actually happened to a co-worker who had an account at BoA. They told her that if she hadn't come to them with her complaints of unauthorized withdrawals within a certain (unspecified) time, they would not have refunded her the hacked funds. So check your statements people. Also if you can, use your credit card instead of your debit card. CC protections for unauthorized transactions are much stronger than those on amounts coming out of your bank account.

Phionoxx

Has anyone getting any luck with invasions on PC?

I've been asking about this as well. I've played 7 hours now and have been invaded less than 5 times. Hoping it will pick up as people realize how much fun it can be. I've never been (notified) that I was being observed or tailed either.

On the other hand, if I invade other players (hacking or tailing) I'm up to about a 50 percent success rate. Still getting a lot of "no players found". Also hope this gets better. Can't imagine the player base is really that small.

Chitown B

This actually happened to a co-worker who had an account at BoA. They told her that if she hadn't come to them with her complaints of unauthorized withdrawals within a certain (unspecified) time, they would not have refunded her the hacked funds. So check your statements people. Also if you can, use your credit card instead of your debit card. CC protections for unauthorized transactions are much stronger than those on amounts coming out of your bank account.

word. always. and CC money isn't your own cash, so if there is a dispute, you're not out your own money until it's recovered.

Top Bottom