• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Grief.exe

All you guys playing Watch Dogs, I decided to start playing a classic

ibipugETszrYmU.png

iW6j4723wqKex.png

tomfusion

Neo Member
It works really well, even has a custom control scheme made by Ubi. The lag is barely noticeable and doesn't effect the gameplay for me. But I'm not really good at shooting with the Vita sticks.

Great to hear, thanks for the feedback! I suck at shooters anyway using the right stick to aim, so maybe at least this will give me an excuse! :)

I finished the last 3rd of the recent Tomb Raider via remote play and other than adjusting to the control scheme enjoyed it just as much, so this is great news.

There are reports that under certain conditions if you get killed while hacking someone else's game, you get kicked back to your game and all of your unlocks are locked and completely un-unlockable, you lose all your outfits and are stuck with the default, and are unable to do a bunch of things meaning that it is impossible to progress in the game. Reloading to a past save doesn't work since it autosaves, so you have to start the game again.

Edit: sources:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/881444-SPOILER-Game-Breaking-Bug
http://gearnuke.com/watch-dogs-game-breaking-bug-results-complete-loss-progress-game/

Holy shit, that's a bad bug.

Kabouter

All you guys playing Watch Dogs, I decided to start playing a classic

Definitely a classic. I still love San Andreas, the game just got almost everything right. I should replay it sometime soon.

And that bug, wow...
It's a good thing I don't go into other people's games anymore because I am the worst gamer ever and get killed every time.

Hacking is hard. :( Any good shit I need to know? I've been trying to blend in in parked cars and as a regular NPC standing/walking around but the search area narrowing thing is incredibly overpowered. Should I use blackouts or something to try and even things out? I did the tailing mode and that was a lot easier to succeed at.

Hacking is hard. :( Any good shit I need to know? I've been trying to blend in in parked cars and as a regular NPC standing/walking around but the search area narrowing thing is incredibly overpowered. Should I use blackouts or something to try and even things out? I did the tailing mode and that was a lot easier to succeed at.

The last time I hid in a dumpster. It was awesome. He had no clue while he was looking for me.

Shooting a civvy in the foot kills them.... Also is there a way to upload my own music from a USB or something?

Alsooo, how do I melee civilians? I just assumed there would be a way, but I can't figure it out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113777242&postcount=10543 :p

I don't know if it can be avoided other than not playing those modes, though.

According to Playstationtrophies.org redeeming rewards from uplay is the cause of the problem.

WOW! I will be turning my multiplayer options off as soon as I get home. I haven't ordered any items off of uplay either luckily. Don't want to take the risk of losing all of my progress. I hope this gets fixed ASAP!

Grief.exe

Definitely a classic. I still love San Andreas, the game just got almost everything right. I should replay it sometime soon.

And that bug, wow...
It's a good thing I don't go into other people's games anymore because I am the worst gamer ever and get killed every time.

Here is a quick mod guide I wrote up for the game http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113779159&postcount=19344

Bookmark it, then come back when you are ready to play some San Andreas. Most importantly, the base game doesn't render at wide screen resolutions without some mods. Those shots I posted are running at 1440p native.

K' Dash

So, I'm getting disconected every 5 minutes from Ubi servers, is this my ISP fucking up or is on Ubisoft's end?

Haven't been able to play one online match.

OrangeOak

This bike is a beast :).It sounds really great and drives really well too.

I must say that I got used to driving model for cars,it's not very good but it is servicable for me now.Some cars are better than others.

george_us

How does the open world elements compare to, say, inFamous: second son, a game that I found, personally, to be completely void of life and fun. Is this more immersive (sp?)?
I'm only about an hour into it but I'm shocked at how lively the city feels. That was one thing about the E3 2012 demo that impressed and, for once, Ubi delivered. Outside of the graphics, Ubi seems to have fulfilled the promises of that trailer. That's one area where I thought there'd be no way in hell they'd be able to deliver.

This game isn't doing it for to be honest. I was bored within 20 minutes. Stopped after an hour. And I foolishly bought the digital version so I can't sell it on

painey

I hit all of the ctOS hideouts and hacked all towers.. it was so easy, I just kept expecting them to get harder or something. Bit of a let down. Even the Borgia Towers in AC were a bit challenging.

Grief.exe

Bought a used copy at Gamestop today. Was very happily surprised they had one.

What did you save, $5?

yea uplay sucks. I couldn't even play Far Cry 3 cause of UPLAY!! Had to go offline in order to play the game

Uplay integration means I wait until the game is $5 on Steam, then I think about it. Still haven't picked up Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, or Blacklist at or near that price despite wanting them. I just have plenty of objectively better games to play that do not have garbage DRM associated with them.

hbkdx12

What did you save, $5?

Probably but presumably the greater upside is that Gamestop lets you return used games up to a week later (unless they've changed that) which you can't do with new games so i imagine as someone who's cautious yet intrigued enough to pick the game up the day after it came out used that that's probably the reason why

Gaz_RB

The trick is to fine a complex area to hack in, preferably multi level like a parking garage. Then have an escape plan for if they head towards your hiding spot.

I've won almost all my hacks lately. Streaming some hacking here if you want to watch: http://www.twitch.tv/gaz_rb

Hacking is easy when you don't do what the game suggests, hiding in cars, blending in a crowd. Ignore that because those are the first places people look, is in cars and at people. It's silly that you can't even sit on a bench or lean on a wall like AC games.

Anyway, when you get spawned into the world you have 5 minutes to start the hack, so you can either hope they go somewhere decent, or start right away given the location the game tossed you into. I say just go for it because they could get into a car and you're on foot and they'll be gone by the time you catch up.

First take a quick look at the surrounding area and find a decent spot you can hide, now hack them, this gives you 1 minute to initialize the hack, with that one minute find an area where you can crouch behind cover.

I've used a dumpster, a column, in between 2 houses and even a wall with some bushes in front of it. Now, if you're using something for cover and it has 4 corners, just move to cover away from your target, they'll be looking for people, not behind objects. Also pay attention to what they're phone is pointing at, if its on a camera make sure it can't spot you. That's it really, just use cover, stand in a dark corner even and chances are they'll be too panicked to notice you.

Now as far as getting hacked goes, the absolute easiest way to find the hacker (which is cheap, but if you have troubles, use it) leave the little circle, an icon will notify you of their location, when you get back in the circle the icon will disappear, but if you go to it's proximity you'll find them no problem.

TL:DR - Don't use cars or crowds, use cover, one that you can circle and it's easy.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I must admit I've been very surprised by Watch Dogs so far. It's hard to describe but whilst the game obviously has a high tech world, with its hacking/CTOS being the big draw, in many ways it feels very understated and grounded as well. It doesn't feel as 'bombastic' and 'big' the way an Assassins Creed game is, I like that a lot. There was a moment where I was playing, it was night time and this synth music kicked in on the soundtrack, man it felt just like a Michael Mann movie. It was just one specific moment but it was great. Whilst the story is nothing special, as an uncle who's very close to his family and his nephew I empathise with Aiden quite a bit.

But the thing that's surprised me the most is the combination of player agency and the hacking system. Getting around areas by distracting guards and then sneaking your way about is a joy. Hell even in combat the hacking is a lot of fun. For example you get spotted and whilst the response can be a bit brutal and swift you can react quickly and deal with things in a manner of ways such as exploding pipes, letting off steam etc. Using those things in conjunction with your weapons is great. Of course you can be in a car chase and activating bollards or a bridge to raise can be fun as hell as well :p I like Aidens free run movement as well, it feels just right instead of feeling clumsy at times like in Assassins Creed. Now of course Assassins Creed is built around free running and climbing, so of course there's a lot more of it, but sometimes I would find the controls getting in my way. Actually limiting what Aiden can do makes things flow better IMO - just jumping over railings, cars etc. It just makes things that little bit more slicker.

The driving is also great and it feels like a 'not quite as good as Driver San Francisco but still fun' driving mode. It's much better than say Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row and the cockpit cam makes a big difference for my enjoyment as well. I guess that's something that's very particular to the player though, I don't mind Sleeping Dogs and Saints Rows driving but really don't like GTA IVs driving for example (obviously just my opinion!)

I've only tried the Spider Tank digital trip and that was surprisingly a lot of fun as well. Felt like something straight out of Saints Row but I like how they fit it into the world as 'digital game'

Now I guess the only complaint I have is how many collectibles there seem to be, as per usual, the Ubisoft 'trademark'. Now admittedly some of them look like a lot of fun, so we'll see how annoying and grindy they get. I have also no idea how good the missions will be later so they could turn to shit but I'm feeling pretty confident with it so far. It's a very promising start to the series but who knows how Ubisoft will treat it.

When Ubisoft obviously do a sequel I really hope they focus on improving the stealth, hacking and the interactions that the player can make and choices they have at their disposal. For me it's such a core part of the experience and something that actually helps the game standout I hope they just don't piss it away. I just hope they actually improve this element rather than just going 'SHIT MORE GAMES! HAVE THEM COLLECT 20 SSD DRIVES!'

Top Bottom