• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

SJRB

Gold Member
Gang Hideouts are awesome. It's super cool to sneak in, smash the leader's face in with the baton and just straight up kill everyone else. I also really like how dynamic everything is, you can leave at any time and the gang members will look for you until you're out of the grey circle.

The "hide in car" mechanic is super, super cool. I can't believe GTA never thought of that.

I hate any game that puts anything behind clearing a table out in a Poker game. Why Ubisoft, why!

Other than that, great fun. Turned off invasions instantly. Not fun at all.

Lima

Easily remedied on PS4 and XBox One by simply copying the cloud save onto your console. I don't game enough on PC to know if there's an equivalent.

No at least on Xbox One the cloud save is always synced and represents the latest state also saved on your console.

Dead

well not really...yet
Causing traffic light crashes never gets old

especially when it results in a ball of fire.

But ive noticed people get in accidents on their own as well. They get out, argue, etc.

Most alive open world city ever.

Causing traffic light crashes never gets old

especially when it results in a ball of fire.

But ive noticed people get in accidents on their own as well. They get out, argue, etc.

Most alive open world city ever.
I like the little ai mess ups too, like I've seen an ambulance plow some people lol. Other than that I like how dynamic it is.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
It really is.

UBI, give me this jacket instead:

tumblr_mdoa2agWuu1qmoo9co1_1280.jpg

You have posted this photo of Jim Caviezel so many times that I now feel compelled to check out the show.

So far my only problem with this game is that it has the worst sound track in history. I have to mute the music and play pandora on my phone next to me instead. =\

So far my only problem with this game is that it has the worst sound track in history. I have to mute the music and play pandora on my phone next to me instead. =\

See, now that would've been cool. They should've done a deal with Pandora and had it piped through your cell phone in game.

Probably would have had enormous legal red tape to go through, but it would have been awesome.

Dead

well not really...yet
Theres some pretty good tracks that really fit the various atmospheres of the game, but a lot of stuff I dont care about too.

Definitely the biggest missed opportunity imo. Ubi need to patch in a bunch of new songs IMO. Regretful coming off of GTA5 with it's incredible selection of radio stations and songs (or even AC4 and it's sea shanties LOL).

I await the day when we have an open world game with in game access to something like Pandora or Spotify. THAT would be amazing.

Special C

Maybe I'm weird but I don't steal money from peoples bank accounts, just feels wrong. I have done it a couple of times from people with despicable traits.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

Lol, so true. The second I get in a car I turn the radio off (I'm reluctant to have this be the default setting, because I'm hoping the game will surprise me with a good song one of these days). The licensed tracks are terrible, but the original score is not bad. Wish the game had favorite radio stations you could set like GTA.

Hoodbury

Easily remedied on PS4 and XBox One by simply copying the cloud save onto your console. I don't game enough on PC to know if there's an equivalent.

How do you get a cloud save and then save it to your console? For PS4.

I'm slightly afraid since I did the uPlay stuff before I started playing the game. Only played for 2-3 hours last night and haven't had any issues yet.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is there any way to get invaded? It has only happened twice in two days.

It's Ubisoft's servers acting up. When they work you get invaded quite frequently, depending on your how notorious you are as a fixer.

Maybe I'm weird but I don't steal money from peoples bank accounts, just feels wrong. I have done it a couple of times from people with despicable traits.

Yeah, same. 20,000 on the bank, "saving for a new television".. Yeah, I'll let this one slide, haha.

I even wish there was an option to transfer money to random people's bank accounts. I always feel bad for the homeless guy sitting on the sidewalk talking about how cold he is and shit, that's just messed up.

So sorry for asking again, but I'm really interested to know if you can "disable" civilians by meleeing them somehow or shooting them in the legs, didn't seem like it with the short amount of time I played but you never know. Also can I import music in to the game from a USB? OST is good, licensed songs? Not as much.

Also it's incredibly cheap that enemies don't slow down at all when shot in the lower body, it's 2014.....

Kelsey

Banned
No at least on Xbox One the cloud save is always synced and represents the latest state also saved on your console.

According to MS, they sync the saves when you first login and connect to XBL. Constantly saving/uploading would be an incredibly bad idea. Especially for online games that have large save files.

How do you get a cloud save and then save it to your console? For PS4.

I'm slightly afraid since I did the uPlay stuff before I started playing the game. Only played for 2-3 hours last night and haven't had any issues yet.

Go into settings, then into the save game section. From there you can delete/copy/move saves between your PS4 and your cloud storage. For a problem like this, you'd want to first delete the save on your PS4, and then go to the cloud section and copy it to your PS4.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
same with me. I'll take system keys, music, and I apparently will download a car, but clearing out the spare cash of someone making 30k a year don't sit well with the hawk.

cackhyena

Are there options to turn off a lot of the hud elements or anything for this game? Feels like it could be so much more immersive without a lot of that constantly flashing at you.

I'm 22% of the way through. My only gripe thus far is that the driving is atrocious, and I subsequently care little for the cars in the game as a result - which is a big part of open world games.

But the unlockables and extracurriculars if you will - oh boy!

Linius

So, I was really looking forward to playing this game but...

...I can't holster his fucking gun and now I can't do shit. And when I reload my last save point in the opening mission the fucker even takes out the gun right away.

Anyone else experienced this bug? A Google search told me people did, but no solutions sadly. On PC btw.

For completing Alone(digital trip) you unlock that outfit for SP&MP.

Are there more unlockable outfits like this ? If so how/which mini games ?

Strider

I'm 22% of the way through. My only gripe thus far is that the driving is atrocious, and I subsequently care little for the cars in the game as a result - which is a big part of open world games.

But the unlockables and extracurriculars if you will - oh boy!

Only thing i like driving is the motorcycles... but that's pretty much every open world game for me.

Do you get notified when you've got a tail on you? I've been hacked a handful of times but not tailed as far as I can tell.

Asking because when I tail people they seem completely oblivious to my presence.

So, I was really looking forward to playing this game but...

...I can't holster his fucking gun and now I can't do shit. And when I reload my last save point in the opening mission the fucker even takes out the gun right away.

Anyone else experienced this bug? A Google search told me people did, but no solutions sadly. On PC btw.
Haven't ran in to that, but there's no way to save manually right? I couldn't find it at least and that always irks me, I'd like to have multiple save files in case something goes awry.

Dennis said:
Look at this insane beauty. Look at it

http://a.pomf.se/gtfttm.webm
Hair clipping through sweater, 2/10 would not purchase.

Invading other people is so much fun. Adrenalin runs extremely high when the radius becomes tiny and you see the other player approaching you frantically.

I like the little ai mess ups too, like I've seen an ambulance plow some people lol. Other than that I like how dynamic it is.

GTA police/ambulances do that all the time.

In fact, I think they're programmed to do that. I'll stand around a crime or accident scene just to see if the ambulance will kill anyone on the way there.

lol

Top Bottom