• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

cackhyena

GTA police/ambulances do that all the time.

In fact, I think they're programmed to do that. I'll stand around a crime or accident scene just to see if the ambulance will kill anyone on the way there.

lol

Early on in GTA5, I had the best experience with an ambulance. Saw a girl getting mugged. Chased the guy down and ran him over. Hung around as the ambulance eventually showed up. Before they did, there was a guy walking down the street who took notice of the dead thief. Ambulance hits and kills this poor schmuck as they pull up. Their tire is on his dead body, so as they are examining the dead thief, I back up the ambulance to see if they notice. They did, and they start CPR, only to say something like "poor bastard" while shaking their heads. They get back in and drive away leaving two dead bodies...one of which was their own doing. It was just the best little instance.

Hacking is hard. :( Any good shit I need to know? I've been trying to blend in in parked cars and as a regular NPC standing/walking around but the search area narrowing thing is incredibly overpowered. Should I use blackouts or something to try and even things out? I did the tailing mode and that was a lot easier to succeed at.

I found this too. For tailing missions I don't think the other player is informed that you're following them.

The best success I've had with hacking is to disregard blending, acquire a good hiding spot. The search area is based on when you start the hack, not when you profile your target. So find a good location with lots of "surface area" and plenty of places to hide - anywhere with lots of tall buildings and back alleys will work great.

Invading other people is so much fun. Adrenalin runs extremely high when the radius becomes tiny and you see the other player approaching you frantically.

One of my funniest hacks was taking cover behind a raised square garden. Every time my target approached I'd just take cover around the corner of the block.

OrangeOak

Interception missions are soooooo fun when you are doing them on bike.Speeding through traffic and avoiding being hit by bad guys in cars is amazing :D
I took out the target and then run for my life to some narrow alley.I was chased by car that was right behind me and I took it out by that "explode" hack on the ground ( I don't know what it is).Explosion was really spectacular.It was last car so I completed mission but right after I run from the alley on the street there were people calling police so I used that crafted jamming device.It all felt so badass :D
Hacking is really nicely incorporated into gameplay and it feels really satisfying if you manage to pull some spectacular actions.

Alright, so I have played the game for a little over 24 hours and have gotten through the main story. I am about to hit the side content in hopes of getting 100% before E3, and one of my complaints is that it could take hours at a time before I'm invaded by a player - in fact, I was able to complete three acts in between invasions, which was about give-or-take 16 hours. This makes me worry about being the invader myself, and trying to find people to invade.

In terms of the story:
am I the only one who thinks that Defalt was shoehorned in, especially at Dot Connexion? The whole Defalt Connexion mission felt forced, and it was absolutely nothing like the E3 demo - no Demarco assassination, or even mention. Defalt just appeared out of nowhere in Act IV with a passing reference to DedSec - who have little presence outside of Clara in the main story as well.

These are the only gripes I have with the story, otherwise I think it's bloody fantastic and I would definitely replay it several times over. I just wish we could have multiple save files.

aro52

Is there any way to get invaded? It has only happened twice in two days.

I got invaded 3 times in half an hour last night. It was kinda fun, but I hope that frequency isn't typical. Just about to start a mission, and bam, gotta go deal with this prick.

Alright, so I have played the game for a little over 24 hours and have gotten through the main story. I am about to hit the side content in hopes of getting 100% before E3, and one of my complaints is that it could take hours at a time before I'm invaded by a player - in fact, I was able to complete three acts in between invasions, which was about give-or-take 16 hours. This makes me worry about being the invader myself, and trying to find people to invade.
You can't be invaded while doing missions, only when you're out and about. I've also read that the less you respond to or start invasions the more "shielded" you'd be from invasions, but I have no idea exactly what that means.

But I think I'm going to end up turning that stuff off. I spend 95% of my open world gaming time just fucking around in the world and driving and exploring, so my chances of being invaded will be higher than most, which sucks because I like the idea of it in principle, just not how they're handling it.

Just to confirm, you can't shoot from vehicles and do drive-bys, correct? I imagine they want you to use the hacking tools to stop enemies while in cars. Not to mention that it would overload the control scheme.

You can't be invaded while doing missions, only when you're out and about. I've also read that the less you respond to or start invasions the less you'll be invaded, but I have no idea exactly what that means.

But I think I'm going to end up turning that stuff off. I spend 95% of my open world gaming time just fucking around in the world and driving and exploring, so my chances of being invaded will be higher than most, which sucks because I like the idea of it in principle, just not how they're handling it.

Got it, I'm just going to dick around this weekend with the online mode. I'm sure all of this will be improved in the obvious sequel~

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime I try to hack someone it just stays there, searching for games. Gah, I should probably hack the other ctOS buildings. They're probably all out of the Loop.

Salaadin

I'll ask again for the new page, anybody having issues with the season pass preorder stuff showing up. PS4 Version.

Yep. Ps4 version.

I started with a silenced pistol that I assume is season pass stuff but I don't have any other gear. Pretty irritating considering I paid for content that I don't have. My only thought is that it unlocks after a point in the story.

I love the convoy interception missions. Nothing beats standing in the middle of the road with a grenade launcher, ready to bring down the vigilante justice.
Are those straight out of Red Faction: Guerrilla? You see the path and can choose any way you want to take them down before they reach their destination?

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun in co-op.

This is the PS4 thread. Just ask Statham.
He prophesied this confusion, and we were fools not to listen. Now, behold what has been wrought from our arrogance.

KORNdoggy

I'm really struggling with this game. It just isn't very fun. Even with the tools at your disposal. I haven't been this bored of an open world game since far cry 2. I'm "only" 6 hours in...is there a turning point where it gets really good?

OrangeOak

Are those straight out of Red Faction: Guerrilla? You see the path and can choose any way you want to take them down before they reach their destination?

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun in co-op.

yes it looks exactly like it.
It's a lot of fun to hack traffic lights just before target and hunt it down with AK47 in slow mo.

For some reason I'm better at hacking than tailing. Somehow they always find me when I'm tailing them. I don't run. If I'm in a car I sit in traffic...jeez.

Lrrr

This is the PS4 thread. Just ask Statham.

LOL!!!

There is not. There is a separate thread for PC performance discussion, but general discussion of Watch_Dogs all happens in this OT.

Ah, I see. Since I saw people in there posting impressions as well as screengrabs, I thought the PC version was given its own thread. You know, I'm actually a little surprised to discover that a console and PC game share the same thread considering how much arguing I see here about that.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I freaking love shooting the bad guys on the kneecaps.

EDIT: And good job, NTGYK, just 18 more!

Don't bother, it's garbage.

Jim Caviezel couldn't act his way out of a cardboard box.

Whoa! We got a not a badass over here!

Caviezel's performance in Person of Interest is appropriate for a former Green beret and CIA assassin. He's pretty amazing.

I'm really struggling with this game. It just isn't very fun. Even with the tools at your disposal. I haven't been this bored of an open world game since far cry 2. I'm "only" 6 hours in...is there a turning point where it gets really good?

Watching streams since last week, and in watching , I decided this is not the game for me, it just didn't seem engaging.

Dr Dogg

There's just... so much to do! Apparently I've put 12 hours in to Watch_Dogs and I've only manage 5 story missions. Granted dealing out random street justice never gets old as does eavesdropping on people's phone conversations. When that gets a bit meh it's off from a spin in the Spider Tank. I've only just found a clothes store and there bloody loads of tasteless outfits to dress Aiden up in.

I can't even fathom the amount of dialogue there is in this game, and that isn't just including intercepted conversations. Every time I walk past a couple they're always talking about something. One guy drooling over a girl with a great ass. Another saying how much he loves all these types of gummy bears but his doctor is trying to tell him he should be eating healthier. People rapping on street corners.

And holy shit, that gangsta singing trout.

Dmax3901

I've learned to stop worrying and love the inconsistent FPS. But even when I do that, the game is merely 'ok'. Not ground breaking in the slightest and the story is laughable.

The main character is as bland as Connor, but someone manages to LOOK annoying. Anyone feel that his face is just really (for lack of a better word) derpy? And the voice acting is odd as well.

I've found that the game looks really nice at night and when it rains.

Top Bottom