• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

RyudBoy

I'm really struggling with this game. It just isn't very fun. Even with the tools at your disposal. I haven't been this bored of an open world game since far cry 2. I'm "only" 6 hours in...is there a turning point where it gets really good?

I'm 6hrs in myself and haven't been bored of just messing around. Only got 4 campaign missions completed so far.

Linius

Decided to get past the intro mission by restarting the game and not draw Aidens gun at all. That worked.

Then something about Pawnee was in a cut scene and I was like...

LRM.gif

After a few cut scenes and good nights sleep I exited my hide-out and decided to draw my gun to see what happens. Well it turns out Aiden starts to just randomly fire bullets and again there's no way to holster my gun. I'm lost.

I guess the only way is to get rid of the game at and download/install it all over again. I'm kind of mad, this bug is truly what you call game breaking...

HelloMeow

When hacking someone, you can just park a large car somewhere the cameras can't see you and hide behind it the whole time. Just stay in cover while hiding around the car.

Hawk269

I am really enjoying the game more than I thought I would. I am still very early, but just having fun. I chased down a guy, it was getting dark and then it started raining. Caught him at an intersection. After beating him down, I noticed his car had been smoking and then caught on fire. Funny thing is that he crashed into a Fire Truck, so his car is on fire and then explodes, then the fire truck catches on fire and then it pops causing another car to get damaged and after about 5 minutes it goes up as well. I am just sitting on the corner with all the other pedestrians just watching shit continue to burn and explode. NPC's having cell phones out and taking pics etc. Pretty amazing.

Playing the Xbox One version and the only time I have gotten any screen tearing is in the in-game cinematics, driving around and such there is no slow-down or screen tearing, it is really weird that in the cut scenes, not all, but on some it tears. But it looked damned nice with the lighting, rain and at night. Little rough during the day cycle, but not too bad. Just wish the PC version did not stutter as much as it does.

hydruxo

The whole potential crime thing needs to be overhauled for the sequel. If you even remotely get in the target's line of sight, it says "no crime committed" and you fail. I like all the side missions so far other than these.

HelloMeow

Well it turns out Aiden starts to just randomly fire bullets and again there's no way to holster my gun. I'm lost.

Are you playing on PC and if so, do you have a controller connected to it? Maybe it's laying somewhere with one of it's triggers pushed down. Happened to me once.

This game (so far) is much better than I thought it would be. On PC it does look impressive, even if I've had to turn some settings down.

My favorite thing though is the fact that I don't have to run around shooting people like many many other open world games. I look at many of the missions the same way I'd look at a puzzle solving game. I mainly try to get use distractions and traps to lead people over hackable devices and take them out that way. I've done everything I can to not use guns, but occasionally the enemy will back me into a corner that requires it.

My biggest complaint (other than the weird FPS drops while driving) are the wonky controls. Nothing ever feels very precise and switching between weapons, craftables, etc is not easily done on the fly. I don't understand why I can't use the mouse wheel to swap weapons.

Uplay is kind of annoying, but since it came with my graphics card there isn't much you can do but accept it.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
The whole potential crime thing needs to be overhauled for the sequel. If you even remotely get in the target's line of sight, it says "no crime committed" and you fail. I like all the side missions so far other than these.

Is there another method to these besides hide around the corner and then run up really fast and execute a takedown? I've done the same thing multiple times and it feels like I'm doing it wrong.

Linius

Are you playing on PC and if so, do you have a controller connected to it? Maybe it's laying somewhere with one of it's triggers pushed down. Happened to me once.

PC yeah. But it's a bug sadly, more people reporting it. To holster your gun is just simply pushing one button and it doesn't work on both keyboard and controller. Once you draw your gun there's no way back.

Zakalwe

Banned
Heh, that's awesome.
I could never find the last camera that gave you a clear shot of the unlock box without going up there in person in that mission.
I wonder how non-violently one can play this game, not counting all the baton beatdowns and that
initial trigger pull in the first scene

The last camera is
on the guard by the window just in front if it. You need to access the camera facing him, then use that to trigger a distraction behind him so he walks in front of the box. Then jump to his personal cam
and voila!

You can't just holster with the tab button?

This. Tab holsters weapon for me too.

Linius

You can't just holster with the tab button?

I just said it doesn't work on both controller and keyboard. So nope, I can't holster my gun with tab. Once I draw my gun there's no way to holster it again. I booted the game without having the controller on at all to make sure keyboard doesn't work either. The game is just bugged. And Googeling on that I found more people who have the same issue.

AHA-Lambda

I'm really struggling with this game. It just isn't very fun. Even with the tools at your disposal. I haven't been this bored of an open world game since far cry 2. I'm "only" 6 hours in...is there a turning point where it gets really good?

Eh, I'm about 3-4 hours in myself, it's just so generic and ultimately standard stuff =/

Woah, sorry to hear that.

Is she on a transplant list? Usually when you're on a transplant list, they tell you to be with someone at all times, because you never know when you might get the call, and need someone to drive you to the hospital.

Good for her that she can still get around though.

Due to her being 70 and having 2 failing organs they will not do a transplant.

So I've been able to do multiple Mobile challenges where I race against the app people. But I can't seem to connect to any other multi-player game sessions. It just says estimated wait 2-3 minutes forever. I'm on PC, any tips?

Dominator

I was playing the ball/cup mini-game for about 25 min before beating every round lol it was somehow fun.

Also when you get ATM Hack Boost 3, the money is just endless. Everyone you hack is at least over 1k with mutiple people 5k or even 10k+. I'm rolling in cash.

Muffdraul

So annoying. "You prevented the crime! But not in the officially endorsed way. >=|"

I found this too. For tailing missions I don't think the other player is informed that you're following them.

The best success I've had with hacking is to disregard blending, acquire a good hiding spot. The search area is based on when you start the hack, not when you profile your target. So find a good location with lots of "surface area" and plenty of places to hide - anywhere with lots of tall buildings and back alleys will work great.

Thank you and everyone else who responded on the last page. I've been having a lot more success (although I read your replies after I did so I can't credit you guys unfortunately). Thinking outside the box when invading is definitely the key.

After being invaded and invading for a few times I can tell you some info on the mechanics. When you're invading (to hack at least) the person is only made aware that they're being invaded once you hack them. For the 5 minute timer that you have at the start you can go around freely and they have no idea you're there. Once you hack them they get a notification that they're being invaded. You can then initialize the hack. I advise that you speed away from them to a good hiding spot instead of immediately activating the backdoor. Once it is activated you can only move within the blue circle.

I'm not sure about the tailing since I've only been tailed once or twice. If you want them to fail (without you winning) driving away very fast from a tail will guarantee that they fail or that if they follow you you should be able to spot the insanely speeding car behind you.

That "go outside and you get a marker on them tip" one of you guys gave on the last page is pure evil! I'll use it from now on, had a few close calls (one invader I killed at 99%)!

KORNdoggy

Eh, I'm about 3-4 hours in myself, it's just so generic and ultimately standard stuff =/

The on-foot chases are my favourite, where both you and the NPC have an almost perfectly matched speed resulting in the most long winded, boring and uneventful chase ever seen in a videogame.

The on-foot chases are my favourite, where both you and the NPC have an almost perfectly matched speed resulting in the most long winded, boring and uneventful chase ever seen in a videogame.

I'm just annoyed that he's OBVIOUSLY not running at full speed when chasing someone. It's actually closer to a jog.

Top Bottom