• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Tamanon

Banned
How do you do the "surrender to the cops" move like in last years E3 demo?

Just don't get your gun out, or put it away and don't run. I did it on a whim after they were called yesterday and they just stood there with their guns out for a little while before the Game Over screen came up. Aiden had his hands up surrender motion through most of it.

Neofx

About 20 hours in, done alot of online hacking but I havent been invaded once. :( Even when I get bountys and whatever. All of my friends already got invaded multiple times. :/ Anyone else with no invades yet? (Yes, the invade option is on.)

About 20 hours in, done alot of online hacking but I havent been invaded once. :( Even when I get bountys and whatever. All of my friends already got invaded multiple times. :/ Anyone else with no invades yet? (Yes, the invade option is on.)

Yeah I've been tailed once to my knowledge - but not hacked

I'm not sure if I've been tailed, but I have heard a quick succession of camera shot snaps while driving. Figured that might have been another player tailing me successfully, but I never saw any messages about it otherwise.

Or is that just some random NPC on the street taking snaps because of my notoriety?

Kelsey

Banned
I just got tailed while I was in Pawnee unlocking CTOS access for the area. In Pawnee that takes place in the middle of a lake, so the guy tailing me had to do so in a boat. Poor guy. Grenade launcher and he sank into the abyss.

is there any true co-op missions in the game? or Only free-roam against cops ?
Been trying to figure that one out myself. Form what I can tell you can free roam co-op and play any of the mini-games, the racing, convoys and gang hideouts. Will give it a shot myself tonight and see what there is.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not sure if I've been tailed, but I have heard a quick succession of camera shot snaps while driving. Figured that might have been another player tailing me successfully, but I never saw any messages about it otherwise.

Or is that just some random NPC on the street taking snaps because of my notoriety?
If it's really possible to pull off a successful tailing mission without the target player having any idea it has taken place, this is leaning toward one of my favorite implementations of multiplayer ever.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck is bokeh

Is it even a word or just some enthusiast jargon

Photography jargon, it's the blur resulting from a purposely out of focus lens. Usually one part of the image is blurred causing the view to shift focus onto whatever was allowed to remain in focus.

Here is an example:

bokeh_photography_27.jpg

Gaz_RB

Been trying to figure that one out myself. Form what I can tell you can free roam co-op and play any of the mini-games, the racing, convoys and gang hideouts. Will give it a shot myself tonight and see what there is.

Wait can you do the convoys and hideouts in free roam? Interest rising...I was just gonna ignore that mode.

SDCowboy

Loving the game for the most part, but the driving missions seriously have me on the verge of quitting. I find them infuriatingly horrid.

Five

Banned
For people playing the game trying not to shoot, how far have you gotten? Without spoiling anything, some of the missions have the objective "kill or escape", and some of the later ones only gave kill as an option. Does that maybe change if you've been a pacifist?

Can you buy the components needed for crafting somewhere? Like the chemicals, electronic parts etc.

Pawn shop. Icon looks like an explosion.

Seriously, more than half of the Privacy Invasion missions must be based off of GAF OT threads.

I had a very similar impression.

Wait can you do the convoys and hideouts in free roam? Interest rising...I was just gonna ignore that mode.
I think so, but I've had a hard time finding a solid source on what you can and can't do in free roam. Its fucking bizarre. That or my Google fu is on low ebb today.

So I really like this game but I think I just found out that being invaded can freaking unpause your game and that I find to be B.S. I paused to go make some dinner and came back to find myself unpaused and on the "Hey you screwed up and lost at hacking" screen. Wtf Thats not cool man. I apologize if someone else has already realized this in this thread but I just found out.

HowZatOZ

Banned
NPC can shoot you if they have extra passengers with guns.

Yes, NPCs CAN shoot while driving. It's maddening when you're given a motorcycle to chase someone in a car with a full squad of guys driving behind you busting caps into your fresh ass.

Just fresh off a frustrating mission, so a little heated about it.

Ah I actually did not know that, guess my NPCs haven't realised they can do that yet.

devonodev

I've put a few hours into the game now. It's good, but not great. I had more fun with GTAV.

There's been a bit of looking for certain people with security cameras, which felt like a point and click game to me. I also spent quite a while trying to figure out how to shoot out of cars, that was disappointing.

For good fun, go on a train and start shooting people. Every person sitting down will have the same death animation, unnaturally going into an upright sitting position. Then the police will go after you, but don't worry you can just stay on the train and get away. The police are all like "Oh man he's getting away, if only we had some way of knowing where that train is going."

Lastly, Aiden should audition for the next role as Batman.

OrangeOak

Is there someone else who likes lighting during day time?
I know that it's not popular opinion but I think it looks really great and natural.
I never thought that I will like this game so much.Even story so far isn't that bad and game have it's own specific atmosphere.

Carbonox

I've done like 2 main missions and spent 6 hours doing side stuff. Damn son the OCD is kicking in to get everything done. Luckily it doesn't seem as bad as AC4 though which was insane collectible-wise.

Crazy how good the game looks at night when it rains or during sunrise/sunset. Any other time though and it looks fucking hilarious.

Mental game. Really enjoying it.

Moozo

So frustrating when you finally get it to matchmake you in Tailing and then the player is just in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no way to hide or disguise yourself. Sometimes I feel like it HAS notified them they're being tailed before I've even profiled them with the way some people act.

Neofx

So frustrating when you finally get it to matchmake you in Tailing and then the player is just in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no way to hide or disguise yourself. Sometimes I feel like it HAS notified them they're being tailed before I've even profiled them with the way some people act.

I got the feeling some people are paranoid as fuck ingame lol.

10259308_141719254189e5u65.jpg

10369071_141762329851xjobb.jpg

10295560_141732585854okjno.jpg

There's something relaxing about just walking around in this game. The combination of Aiden's creeper walk, the wind tech, varying degrees of rain, and the pedestrian animations makes this one of the more interesting open world titles to just wander around in. It's not perfect, and I'm no where near ready to sum up my feelings on it yet, but at the very least there's a really solid base here that can be expanded in a current gen only sequel and really blow out these ideas.

One of the more obvious improvements they should look into is the AI following up on Aiden's interruptions and their own dynamic interactions. Whether that be after pushing them out of their routines, or after saving someone, or after causing mayhem, or "finishing up" an argument after an accident, or ambulances and firetrucks actually doing things, etc, The AI needs a set of followup reactions and scripts to really make them come alive so they don't just feel like AI paths without a conclusion. It leaves you feeling unfulfilled at times.

Five

Banned
I just started playing only on 3rd mission but how do I do the online hacking? I want to mess with my friends.

Play a few more missions and it will unlock. You don't get to choose who you hack, though, so don't expect to be able to drop into your friend's game and mess with him.

Just saw a fender bender and then the drivers got out and argued with each other, pretty cool.

Also, is there no way to tell if you're being tailed? That tailing trophy is going to be a pain.

Liberty4all

Banned
Is it weird I'm about 4 hrs in and havnt even fired a shot yet . Too much fun just chasing crimes and random fixer missions :)

I always execute the criminal. Sadly I usually end up executing the victim too. I always laugh to see my reputation go up for "stopping" a crime haha

Andrew.

Banned
There's something relaxing about just walking around in this game. The combination of Aiden's creeper walk, the wind tech, varying degrees of rain, and the pedestrian animations makes this one of the more interesting open world titles to just wander around in. It's not perfect, and I'm no where near ready to sum up my feelings on it yet, but at the very least there's a really solid base here that can be expanded in a current gen only sequel and really blow out these ideas.

Exactly how I feel. Thank you.

Muffdraul

I've still never been invaded :( Is there anything I can do to increase the chances of it happening?

There's a tutorial on it that triggers your first invasion (which I suspect is actually a scripted AI and not actually another player.) If you haven't gotten that far yet then that's why. i.e. complete more story missions.

Top Bottom