• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Neofx

I've still never been invaded :( Is there anything I can do to increase the chances of it happening?

Yeah it's really weird. I got caught by a Blume guy today. Said they'd put a bounty on me put a hit on me to get me. Free Roamed for about 2 hours after that, 0 invades. :(

I am past the story point of online hacking, did many myself but noone wants to hack me it seems, hehe.

Dawg

From my good friend Delta:

csvquo.gif

Strider

There's a tutorial on it that triggers your first invasion (which I suspect is actually a scripted AI and not actually another player.) If you haven't gotten that far yet then that's why. i.e. complete more story missions.

I did that and I've played a few hours since then. Even invaded a couple other players. I even had a bounty on my head once which I thought may increase the chance but still nothing happened.

Rojo

I did that and I've played a few hours since then. Even invaded a couple other players. I even had a bounty on my head once which I thought may increase the chance but still nothing happened.

Well if you try to invade someone you notice how all the activites become locked i suspect that is why you might be in a mission or side quest or just got done with one and the server hasn't locked you in with someone else yet. Or the servers just suck i failed to find anyone a few times already 2 mins my ass.

Peterthumpa

Been playing since yesterday, one thing's for sure, this game definitely screams next gen when played via Remote Play. Looks soo good on the Vita's screen, the night and afternoon parts are just as impressive as Infamous IMO.

Krisprolls

Banned

That's strange. I was invaded 3 times today in 2 hours after I invaded once myself successfully. (PS4 version)

It's pretty fun. Killed one, one managed to get away after I caught him, and one succeeded and sent me a "lol I got you" psn message. I had a bounty too at the end.

Kelsey

Banned
Not sure if this has been asked and answered or not (long thread) but does anyone know if the world stays open after you complete the story missions? I'd hate to finish the game without fully finishing the game if you know what I mean.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Is there any way to tell if someone is tailing you or has successfully tailed you?

Nope, and its the best thing ever. Always feel paranoid, as someone may or may not be tailing you.

Not sure if this has been asked and answered or not (long thread) but does anyone know if the world stays open after you complete the story missions? I'd hate to finish the game without fully finishing the game if you know what I mean.

Yeah stays open :)

Yes. I got captivated by the campaign, finished it, and now am going through all the side quests I missed.

--edit
I will say, without spoilers, having finished the main campaign, there are a few quests which reference things that are no longer in play. Isn't anything major, but hearing certain things makes you feel like it was something that was supposed to have been done prior; though, if you have a rudimentary ability to put things into context, it shouldn't bother you.

ButchCat

So this Season Pass problem is widespread among Playstation platforms only? Any peeps here who bought their Season Pass on a 360 or One who share this issue?

White Man

What am I doing wrong: at the very first crime you detect, I pressed O to try to do a takedown, but nothing happened and he spotted me and ran. How the heck do you do takedowns? It's listed as O in the controls.

Seems like guys are just idling waiting to get hacked in a place they like that has no hiding spots and stopping others since it's easier than trying to hack people. Lame.

Nope, and its the best thing ever. Always feel paranoid, as someone may or may not be tailing you.

I agree, that and the online hacking really bring out the game's themes. The "privacy invasion" bits are weird and funny, but creeping on a real life player and having them freak out at being hacked, and your heart pounding hoping they won't catch you is the showpiece of the whole game.

Tamanon

Banned
What am I doing wrong: at the very first crime you detect, I pressed O to try to do a takedown, but nothing happened and he spotted me and ran. How the heck do you do takedowns? It's listed as O in the controls.

Wait for him to start the crime then chase and take down. Can hold O and R2 while running to take down while chasing.

Andrew.

Banned

You gotta wait til you get the prompt to intercept or at least when you see the red icons around the perp.

Kelsey

Banned

You can't prevent a crime before it begins. You have to wait for it to happen before the game counts it. Otherwise the game just treats you like you're a bad guy. I learned that after I popped a guy in the head that I knew was going to eventually commit a crime.

HowZatOZ

Banned
You gotta wait til you get the prompt to intercept or at least when you see the red icons around the perp.

I don't think its pop-up sensitive, at least not for me when I'm playing on PC. Just have to hit F when near a person and it does a takedown. OP, were you close enough to the enemy?

Got invaded 3x this evening after I got through the tutorial. 2 of them were easy to spot after 50% progression. They were just crouching in the corner of a building. And the last one tried to blend in with the crowd. I barely found him with a few seconds left. Good times.

Ramirez

What's the best way to "take down" (non lethal) 2 targets in different vehicles? On foot seems to be futile because they have a convoy of 3-4 cars with them.

Nvzman

Free roam isn't the greatest, quite lacking and to me is just a deathmatch style like GTA V's "free roam." It is nice to roam around with some buddies though.
Oh okay, thanks. I was planning on getting the game on PS4 and the thing that intrigued me the most was the free roaming aspect. Plenty of my friends got the game so free roaming with buddies seems cool.

Is there any way to tell if someone is tailing you or has successfully tailed you?
Yeah. When your scanning people as normal instead of saying diabetic or whatever it says "not a threat". I go into hunting mode going down alleys and over bridges to lure unusual behavior. Also if you try to start a multiplayer session nothing happens when you click the confirm button to start searching.
I'm loving this game but one thing bothers me. The average wait time to hack someone is never two minutes even though it says that. I hope with future patches they increase the speed tenfold.

Well, I've put in about 8 hours now, mostly doing side-stuff (Intrusions, City Hotspots, Gang Hideouts). I've only done the first 6 campaign missions.

I'm really happy with the game so far. Free roaming and exploring is more enjoyable than I expected. Hopefully the main story doesn't disappoint.

Also, Spider Tank is everything I hoped it would be and more!

Anyone know the best way to get System Keys?

Why are you in need of them? I ask because I've never needed them. Hell, I don't even know what they do since they were never a problem for me during the campaign. I got plenty of them through doing the campaign and from hacking pedestrians. Hell, most of the time, when I spotted one, I was already full.

Bebpo

Banned
How does the PS4 version look? Since impressions are fairly positive here, on the fence between PS4 and PC version. Have a GTX 580.

Game is rock solid - the worry I have now is while this is a great game - it won't be if it plays largely exactly the same 4 games later - like the AC series.

Despite the numerous studios and hundreds of developers and 2+ year development cycle, Assassins Creed 4 is built basically on the same framework as Assassins Creed 2.

I'm enjoying this game way more than I ever did Creed even at its finest - please don't make this a yearly release Ubisoft.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Whats up with the leave gifts in the check in locations?

Just a gifting mechanic for aspiring mayors. You can leave gifts and anyone who checks in has the ability to claim the gift. Not sure if it disappears once a person claims it, or its just available for anyone to claim constantly.

Why are you in need of them? I ask because I've never needed them. Hell, I don't even know what they do since they were never a problem for me during the campaign. I got plenty of them through doing the campaign and from hacking pedestrians. Hell, most of the time, when I spotted one, I was already full.

System keys are used to create certain items, like blackouts and ctOS blockers. Later on in the campaign I think you unlock someone who sells them but I can't recall whether that is true or not.

When you unlock black out and ctos scan for NPCs it needs system keys to build.

are there any repercussions (outside of police) to shooting someone that's running away from you versus doing a non-lethal takedown?

No, just less points.

Still can't connect to multiplayer matches, I queue up, wait and eventually it just drops off. Doesn't give me an error or anything, just vanishes. Do I need to port forward for this game?

Moozo

Just been hacked successfully for the first time. Frustratingly I found the guy - I leapt over the fence to his hiding spot and he leapt the other way back past me. I lost track of him in the dark after he went out of my camera view briefly and escaped as it was on around 95% at the time and I didn't get chance to look for him again.

-Amon-

PS4 owners, quote me and give me your impressions. Should I buy this?

I'm 3 hours in. In the first hour I did not like it that much. Now I'm starting to dig it. Maybe because it's different from all the open world games I played before. Feels not really polished. Not exceptional graphics.

But it keeps me hooked, don't really know why yet.

Top Bottom