• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

TripOpt55

Really loving this game so far. I'm somewhere in Act 2 right now. Core gameplay is great. Hacking gives you a lot of options. I like the puzzle aspect it works into the game. Cover system (which feels like recent Splinter Cells) works great too.

Love the city. Side missions are surprisingly fun and varied so far. Maybe not after I've done each 100 times at game's end, but so far I am digging them and find myself just doing a bunch between each story mission.

Daximuss

Couple of tips that I hope will help:
1) if you start a digital trip and get bored after playing it, you can continue right where you left off by selecting "continue mission" at the trip NPC.

2) If you don't wanna hear the music start everytime you get into a vehicle, go to options, audio & language, and uncheck "autoplay music when entering vehicle".

3) For those trying for the "get the police to 5 stars and escape trophy", go into private free roam and raise some hell in an area by water that has a boat near. Get the police to 5 stars then run your ass off for the boat. It helps to have the ability to hack helos as they are pretty much the only ones that will pursue you in water.

Remarkable game!

After GTA it's so great to have an open world game with good shooting and cover gameplay. Shooting is nice and punchy and recoil is real and has to be managed, especially on the cheaper guns.

I'm not even missing blind fire/hip fire, especially when there are so many hacking options.

Playing Watch Dogs on PS4. Impressions thus far, first hours weren't amazing. Everything after that has been pure addiction. The Gang Convoy missions are so good, and I also love stopping random crimes. The story has been interesting thus far. There's so much content in the game world, I've been doing a more diverse range of activities in Watch Dogs than I ever did in GTA V. The hacking and the respective upgrades are so fun to mix in with other game elements. All in all, I'm really liking this game and it's exceeding my expectations.

Strider

I gotta say I'm really liking the open world they've created and the vibe of Chicago. The city feels really alive as there's always a bunch of NPCs around.

Skyline looks quite nice too.

oVO6zkR.jpg

Bumcleaver

Neo Member
The online hacking is heart-poundingly tense, well at least for me. Watching someone looking around when only a couple of feet away is such an adrenaline rush, and the hack percentage slowly creep upwards as the player becomes even more desperate in their search.

3 hacks so far, all 100%.

God, I'm really loving this game.

Are there any outfits similar to the Highwayman (khakis, normal hat, dress shoes), but with the normal trenchcoat? As neat as that one is, it can be a bit of an eyesore at times.

Lmao I was taking a look at this thread not paying attention and I look up for a second and a random pedestrian walked into my cross hair exposing a random hacker in my game starting a chase. Too bad he got away.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The online hacking is heart-poundingly tense, well at least for me. Watching someone looking around when only a couple of feet away is such an adrenaline rush, and the hack percentage slowly creep upwards as the player becomes even more desperate in their search.

3 hacks so far, all 100%.

God, I'm really loving this game.
I'd sort of argue that if it isn't tense, at least one of the two players isn't doing it right. Kinda like Souls games of course.

explodet

My first invasion - some guy was hanging out in a park, sitting in a car with the engine running. Way to blend in there, slick.
He got 3% in before he bolted.

Good times(?)

MattyG

Banned
I'm almost done act 3. Really digging it so far. Fun to play, pretty good looking, and the story is actually interesting. My biggest issue is the pop in. Cars and people are popping in only a couple hundred feet away from me. It's pretty distracting and really detracts from the believability of the world.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just did my first invasion

Lmao. This dude. I was sitting inside a big brown truck right in front of him the whole time. I even drove and parked in plain sight as he ran right by me!

Grisby

So tell me that accidentally running over two people in the prologue mission isn't going to hamper my dream of being Chicago's new guardian angel.

So tell me that accidentally running over two people in the prologue mission isn't going to hamper my dream of being Chicago's new guardian angel.

You're not Chicago's guardian angel, you're Chicago's hammer.

Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to put nails in the omelet.

cackhyena

I'm almost done act 3. Really digging it so far. Fun to play, pretty good looking, and the story is actually interesting. My biggest issue is the pop in. Cars and people are popping in only a couple hundred feet away from me. It's pretty distracting and really detracts from the believability of the world.

What console?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so I just logged in and apropos of nothing, now all my digital deluxe edition content is listed under acquired content. *shrug*

In the future, as in the past, I hope we no longer have "launches" involving servers for primarily singleplayer games. That experience is an artifact of MMOs and online shooters, and other heavily server-dependent gameplay conditions. This stuff with uplay is just silly; currently the message on its site says
This lite and temporary version will continue to provide core features, as well as the latest information feeds and support resources.
Of course, it was their biggest seller in history, and there's a ton of load on the system. But it's rather simple to prepare for this kind of thing by.... not doing it. It's just an open-world game. You release your game out into the wild and people get to play it. if the multiplayer aspects don't work right away, whatever, but the ability to access it at all, access content or extras you paid for, there's no reason for these things to be part of the experience.

DukeBobby

After countless attempts at trying, I finally managed to do a tailing mission.

It would have been more exciting if the person actually moved.

Just read a post from one of the regular trophy guide creators on another forum and I think they figured out why some people get invaded a lot while others don't at all.

High level vigilante will reduce the amount of invades, if any. The lower the level, the higher the risk of someone coming in and hacking you.

The reason why I think this is true is because they mentioned that when they tailed someone and watched them with a camera, it said they did bad things. Also, yesterday when my karma level was slightly positive I was getting invaded quite a bit, but since then I've been maxed out and haven't had anyone invade.

Amon-Lau

Its not. You can easily find the copy in Jarir or other game shops. If It was banned they would have removed the pre-order from Saudi Arabian PSN store from where I pre-ordered.

Well it's not available on the PSN store now as well, looks like it was true...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If anyone can answer this it would be great. I have no idea about any of this invasion stuff. lol
Both the benefit and the penalty are something called "Notoriety." You get it if you win and lose it if you lose. Certain situations, like a hacker failing to get the hack but successfully escaping, can result in positive Notoriety for both the target and hacker. It also depends a lot on the starting notoriety of the two combatants.

Notoriety is its own progression bar and has unique rewards; none of them are gamebreaking though.

Ramirez

This game is awesome, I didn't play GTAV yet, but it controls so much better than any of the other ones I've played. I hate the AC series too, so I really didn't have high hopes for this game, but well done, Ubi!

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Just read a post from one of the regular trophy guide creators on another forum and I think they figured out why some people get invaded a lot while others don't at all.

High level vigilante will reduce the amount of invades, if any. The lower the level, the higher the risk of someone coming in and hacking you.

The reason why I think this is true is because they mentioned that when they tailed someone and watched them with a camera, it said they did bad things. Also, yesterday when my karma level was slightly positive I was getting invaded quite a bit, but since then I've been maxed out and haven't had anyone invade.

So if you play evil/bad in the game, you're more likely to get invaded?

Just saw a a cool parkour animation, if Aiden needs to jump a fence and has a wall at his side, he'll kick off against the wall before vaulting over.

It's the little things.

You're not Chicago's guardian angel, you're Chicago's hammer.

Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to put nails in the omelet.
A lot of times in these games I like to play mostly as good as possible, for some reason in this one I love being absolutely ruthless to criminals, it's a shame there's no way to just injure civilians by meleeing them though.

Mikey Jr.

Tailing players and hacking them really is the best fucking thing ever.

Kudos Ubisoft on that. Having so much fun, trying to act like an NPC.

The team decrypt is really fun too. Just wish there were more options.... Kinda barebones as it is right now.

Rflagg

After countless attempts at trying, I finally managed to do a tailing mission.

It would have been more exciting if the person actually moved.

Every time I try this or hacking it says wait time is 2 minutes, but then never finds anyone. So far I have been able to kill the blume agents before they put out a contract on me (save for the fake one in story) so I have yet to experience multiplayer.

Top Bottom