• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just booted the game up for the second time and now I'm getting crazy stuttering at the Ubisoft logo and title screen. I'm going to completely turn my PS4 off then back on to see if that fixes things, I guess.

watchdogs being ripped off by bollywood movie.

watch-dogs-ripoff-001.jpg

watch-dogs-ripoff-002.jpg

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/news/watch-dogs-already-ripped-off-by-bollywood/24202

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
So another question about the invasions, if i'm gonna use the 360 controller for PC, I assume the game has aim-assist yeah? Does the game's MP also have aim-assist for controllers?

owlbeak

Was pumped for this game when it was announced but totally lost interest after the delay and "downgrade" stuff.

Read some reviews and, most importantly, read the impressions from you guys/gals in here and glad to see the overall impressions are positive. Since I can't sleep due to fracturing a rib and being in pain, decided to grab this on PSN for PS4.

Looking forward to jumping into the game in a couple hours! Thanks for all the impressions, everyone!

Played a bit of the game last night (PS4). Game play is fun. It really is Person of Interest: The Game :D

As much fun as the game is, the soundtrack is just god awful. With all that time and money, they couldn't be assed to include radio stations? I disliked the Sleeping Dogs soundtrack too (had for me, maybe 1 or 2 good songs which is more then I can say for WD), but at least it had awesome authentic feeling commercials that made you feel like you were in Hong Kong.

Was pumped for this game when it was announced but totally lost interest after the delay and "downgrade" stuff.

Read some reviews and, most importantly, read the impressions from you guys/gals in here and glad to see the overall impressions are positive. Since I can't sleep due to fracturing a rib and being in pain, decided to grab this on PSN for PS4.

Looking forward to jumping into the game in a couple hours! Thanks for all the impressions, everyone!

They game didn't click with me first ( the first mission) but after some more time I started to enjoy it. So don't judge a game so early on like me :p

They game didn't click with me first ( the first mission) but after some more time I started to enjoy it. So don't judge a game so early on like me :p

Same here. At first I was just overwhelmed by choice of things to look at, and I HATED the car chases.
But now I'm loving the game, I love the invasions most of all, can be really tense.
The city is amazing.
Aidan is not a dick (so far).
I still HATE police chases though.

Dominator

I played for another 5 hours and still didn't do any more single player missions lol. I don't see myself stopping playing this for awhile. Sorry, Mario Kart.

Anyway, somebody invaded me, I found him so he drove off and jumped off of a bridge into the water. I jumped into the water too and he didn't know (I guess) so I swam after him for a few minutes until he found a boat. He got on the boat and right before he took off I was able to hop on and as he was trying to drive away I shot him right in the head. It was really satisfying I must say. I didn't think the invasions would be that fun but they don't happen too often to be annoying, and they always provide suspense/fun.

Pretty much this. In GTA, the car goes where I want it to go.

In WD, the car argues with me every step of the way like a teenager.

Really? See I feel the exact opposite, I can never just drive like a bat out of hell in GTA without crashing into everything in sight while this game just lets me cruise through the world without a care in the world without ever becoming frustrated(crashing and flying out of the windshield).

arhra

The solution for unlocking the most south-easterly ctOS tower in the docks district is genius. Was stuck for a minute trying to figure out a way up there before I put two and two together, but that moment of realization was amazing.

The song collection is also very small. My fav thing to do is turn off the radio as soon as I enter a vehicle.

Protip: go to Options/Audio and Language, and turn off "Automatically play music in car".

i don't know, but i feel offended by this
WTF ubisoft ?

Wait, what? How is that at all offensive?

breakfuss

Got my first hack. Finally. I actually started off chasing people instead of staying concealed. Didn't realize that once the hack is initiated you're good to go as long as you stay within the circle. Yeah, I'm dumb.

Balphon

Why are the multiplayer experience rewards so lopsided? Every time I invade to hack someone it's for something like +50 points with a chance of losing 300, but just now someone successfully hacked me and they got 500 and I lost 200. Am I missing something? I only have 700 or so points.

Was hot on this initially but cooled down. It's not bad at all, but minus bits of fun and excitement here and there I was no longer enthused. I agree with the folks saying this is like Assassins Creed, laying down foundation for better sequels.

tehPete

Banned
BoyXVDNCQAApj3F.jpg:large

i don't know, but i feel offended by this
WTF ubisoft ?

I find this comment potentially offensive; it all depends on context. What are you insinuating, exactly? Is there a tenet of the Muslim faith that forbids them from being involved in that type of industry?

red731

Oh yeah. I was being hacked in a public square and couldn't find the guy. So I fired warning shots to scare the crowd, and the hacker was the odd man out. LOL. Two shots, one in the head. PEACE.

I haven't had such luck. I was being hacked and for the love of something couldnt find thet hacker.
I started to shooting into cars to blow them up but shotgun did nothing and so hacking and running profiling wasn't helpful.

Then it ended and as I was shooting, he was just a car next to where I was poiting.

He must have thought WTF was I doing and that made me laugh for myself
KuGsj.gif

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So, is there a reason for there being no police on the streets at all? The only times I've run into police outside of missions is when I pull out a gun in public and a civilian calls 911 (which they don't do that often), I don't interrupt the call (which I pretty much always do) and can't evade the ctOS circles (it's pretty easy evading the ctOS circles). And when they do show up, you can still very easily just evade them and they despawn when they've lost you.

I'm just racing down the streets like a madman knocking over lantern posts and smashing through fences and wrecking public property and the police just don't care. A massive crash due to a traffic light malfunction? Police don't care. A bunch of gang members driving around town in a mad chase after you, shooting up and crashing into everything? Police don't care. Crimes noticed by ctOS? Police don't care. Blow up some civilians with IEDs? Police don't care.

Use your weapon to scare of a criminal and save someone, then non-lethally take down the criminal? A civilian called 911 and now the police are hunting you down with lethal force.

Bilzac

Neo Member
I have yet to figure out how to hack into a friends game - and from what I have read online, there is no way to do it. Very disappointed by this - especially since various gaming websites reportedly the multiplayer as such..I really wanted to create a thread about this. Feels like false advertising (unless I am missing something - I don't want to simply roam around chicago or race against friends..).

Ryaaan14

Banned
I was excited about the possibility of my girlfriend being able to use my iPad to do the ctOS games vs me on the PC, but now I realize that she would actually have to have her own Uplay account and possibly another copy of the game?

Does anyone know what we'd actually have to do? Or can you even play ctOS games vs specific people?

imperium

You know with reading some of the complaints about the music in this game something occurred to me. What would keep Ubisoft from intergrating Pandora or one of the other music streaming services into their game? There may be some licensing issues to work out but I think it could be cool to link my Pandora account to the game. Seems like a win win for both pandora and Ubisoft.

RedAssedApe

Banned
so far everyone who has tried to hack me has been just trying to hide in a car. one guy i just pulled up right next to him got out and unloaded on him with my ar lol must not have been paying attention because most people just high tail it out of there.

Nintyb

Banned
Is there any consequence for getting apprehended by the police? I let them bust me last night and I just respawned as if I had been killed. No indication of money loss or anything.

Salsa

someone needs to make a webcomic with Aiden Pierce all broody and dark, looking down, spouting dialogue about how they murdered his niece cold blooded and he's seeking revenge through any means necessary, while reloading an assault rifle and crafting a bomb

then he walks through a sign and hacks it to read "DAT ASS"

Top Bottom