• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Invasions are the greatest thing to happen in a while. I was on a rooftop and the guy was coming my way and would've caught me if he walked around the corner but thinking quick I used blackout and he literally scraped up against me and got pissed and started shooting people. The cops took care of him for me and I won. Lol
Its amazing but it takes a while before someone invades my game :(

someone needs to make a webcomic with Aiden Pierce all broody and dark, looking down, spouting dialogue about how they murdered his niece cold blooded and he's seeking revenge through any means necessary, while reloading an assault rifle and crafting a bomb

then he walks through a sign and hacks it to read "DAT ASS"

Hahaha. Very funny.

Jobbs

Banned
Continue to have fun with the game but continue to add to my list of grievances. The game is nearly buckling under a massive list of "small" problems.

why do car radios turn back on when I re-enter a car? I almost never want to listen to the radio. tired of turning these off.

why can't I switch weapons without whipping the gun out and scaring everyone? like, why? I can do it in a car but not on foot.

why can't I climb up this?

10363467_753833057972719_5160395290868722314_o.jpg

Ensoul

It is impossible to out run the cops at this point for me. No matter how fast I go they are right with me, no matter where I hide they somehow find me. I hope this gets easier as the game progresses.

SJRB

Gold Member
Continue to have fun with the game but continue to add to my list of grievances. The game is nearly buckling under a massive list of "small" problems.

why do car radios turn back on when I re-enter a car? I almost never want to listen to the radio. tired of turning these off.

why can't I switch weapons without whipping the gun out and scaring everyone? like, why? I can do it in a car but not on foot.

why can't I climb up this?

Options - audio - turn off auto-play music in car

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Watch Dogs, like so many other open world games, shits me with how limited the otherwise awesome looking first person driving camera is. I don't always use it, but I like to. It's nice for immersion, and the perspective gives me an sense of control that third person does not. I don't need super fancy details or animations, even though Watch Dogs goes the extra mile to make it look great. What I do need is the ability to look around.

I assume it's limited due to interior car modelling issues, but goddam: open world games, please take note. If I can enable first person driving, please give me free camera control that lets me look around just as a person can do in real life. It's infuriating to be locked to a forward perspective.

Spoo

Am I the only one getting trolled to shit when I play the ctOS mobile MP mode? I've done two races now, perfectly, and at the end they always "lose connection" -- Ubi needs to fix that shit so you actually get credit if the other person leaves. How fucking annoying.

kanuuna

If there's a sequel takes place in Chicago again and 'Touch The Sky' isn't part of the licensed soundtrack, I hope the guy in charge gets fired.
I don't suppose there's an Independent FM kind of feature from GTA IV with the PC version?

Strider

It honestly surprises me how many people are having trouble with the cops. I've never had a problem escaping them. If you cant do it by car getting on the train or a boat has worked every time for me. Just hack the train to get on then hack it to start back up and ride away...

Flintty

I still haven't got my Untouchables costume from the game.co.uk pre-order so I've emailed Ubi to see if they can assist. I'm thinking it's probably because I redeemed the code on Xbox.com before I had the game? I don't know. I didn't have the gun from the Monster promotion either but I just got another code and it worked - I now have the gun in my acquired items list.

I tried the free roam multiplayer last night with two friends. I highly recommend it for just arsing about and having a laugh :)

dex3108

Am I the only one getting trolled to shit when I play the ctOS mobile MP mode? I've done two races now, perfectly, and at the end they always "lose connection" -- Ubi needs to fix that shit so you actually get credit if the other person leaves. How fucking annoying.

Nobody leaves challenge in my experience, servers are busted and they are keep disconnecting players.

Ensoul

It honestly surprises me how many people are having trouble with the cops. I've never had a problem escaping them. If you cant do it by car getting on the train or a boat has worked every time for me. Just hack the train to get on then hack it to start back up and ride away...

I should have probably pointed out that I am doing a mission where I have to steal a car and outrun them which I cannot seem to do.

Spoo

I should have probably pointed out that I am doing a mission where I have to steal a car and outrun them which I cannot seem to do.

Stop trying to outrun them early on; invest skill points in the offensive stuff for hacking in cars, and occasionally when you go past lights you'll get a prompt to "disable" the persuing cops. Or, find gates and open them and close them behind you. Lift bridges when you get the skill. It gets easier, but I'll admit, it was hard at first.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Not enjoying the car chases at all. Last night in a mission I had to take down someone and had 4 other cars chasing me. It went on for about 10 minutes of driving around before I even got the notification to disable traffic lights. In the end I had to cause a crash myself quickly get out and kill everyone then chase after the car again for another 5 minutes which then ended up blowing due to me ramming it constantly down a hill into trees.

I really wish they added shooting from windows because its not enjoyable. Especially when the other cars chasing you are shooting non-stop.

I think even this looks a bit better than the final version. The fence climbing, the electricity and the struggle aren't as detailed as here. Lighting is more outspoken too.

The fence climbing detail still looks the same, managed to do it the other night.

http://a.pomf.se/bqbguy.webm

Hasney

Hopefully I have better luck tonight with people invading my game. Didn't get a single invasion last night which was odd.

What's your notoriety like? I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that you get more if you get your morality in the red, but I read it like you need to get your online notoriety high enough and then you get more hacks.

The only way to get more invasions is to do more invasions and win them it would seem.... And hope Uplay works without issues one of these days.

Carbonox

What's your notoriety like? I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that you get more if you get your morality in the red, but I read it like you need to get your online notoriety high enough and then you get more hacks.

The only way to get more invasions is to do more invasions and win them it would seem.... And hope Uplay works without issues one of these days.

Oh is that how it works? Hah, I'm holding off invading people until they fix those game-breaking bugs I've been hearing about. I hope that doesn't rule me out entirely of getting invaded. My single player morality is high in the good side too.

Are you hacking anything?

Escaping the cops is not a case of driving as fast as the car allows and hoping it is faster than the cops' car. You need to plan routes and hack the surroundings to disable the cops.

Side note: can you put your gun away? I couldn't figure it out other than by getting in a car.

Hasney

Oh is that how it works? Hah, I'm holding off invading people until they fix those game-breaking bugs I've been hearing about. I hope that doesn't rule me out entirely of getting invaded. My single player morality is high in the good side too.

I've had 2 in a week after playing for about 3 hours a night and my online notoriety is very low, so you still get some. One of them was on Friday though, so with how few of us were online at the time, I'm shocked I didn't get a couple more.

My morality is in the red though. I can't help mowing down everyone I see.

KORNdoggy

Are you hacking anything?

Escaping the cops is not a case of driving as fast as the car allows and hoping it is faster than the cops' car. You need to plan routes and hack the surroundings to disable the cops.

Side note: can you put your gun away? I couldn't figure it out other than by getting in a car.

L1 on PS4

Setsuna

Now my game wont stop crashing when trying to coninue a save

PC version

Restarted computer
No overclocking going on
Put all settings to low
Verified my files
tried to launch in offline mode
Launched game with nothing but uplay running

Nothing works, and I really dont want to start a new game

EDIT: Gonna try a reinstall

bastian

Banned
Getting kind of tired of hearing the same argument/conversation with the couple near the starting hideout. The NPC skins will change, but the dialogue doesn't. Always about throwing him out because he has a doll collection.

Strider

The best way to escape in a car, at least for me (since I suck at using the blockers, etc.) is to use the bridges. Jump the gap and they will go around which should give you enough time to hide or get away.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
If there's a sequel takes place in Chicago again and 'Touch The Sky' isn't part of the licensed soundtrack, I hope the guy in charge gets fired.
I don't suppose there's an Independent FM kind of feature from GTA IV with the PC version?

Unfortunately not. Hopefully Internet streaming radio or the ablity to play your own tracks will be added or modded in as I am sure most people agree that the licensed tracks are awful. In WD2 they need to have radio stations and not this weird mix of rap, hiphop, top 40, and whatever Alice Cooper is now.

The original game score is quite good though.

Setsuna

Unfortunately not. Hopefully Internet streaming radio or the ablity to play your own tracks will be added or modded in as I am sure most people agree that the licensed tracks are awful. In WD2 they need to have radio stations and not this weird mix of rap, hiphop, top 40, and whatever Alice Cooper is now.

The original game score is quite good though.

I like the current set up since you can create a play list of only the songs you like

with the random news update every now and then

Until you get decent upgrades, cop chases are a pain in the ass. Planning your route matters little when the rubberbanding has them catch up to you. Either hop on a bus (or a train, but that's under the assumption you are by ones) or hope they give up, because sometimes the game glitches and they just stop chasing me.

Still really enjoying this.

There seems to be tons of car chases though. Good thing I enjoy them. It's nice to evade, then walk out into the street and see multiple steam pipes still spewing into the air, along with other assorted chaos.

Zakalwe

Banned
Until you get decent upgrades, cop chases are a pain in the ass. Planning your route matters little when the rubberbanding has them catch up to you. Either hop on a bus (or a train, but that's under the assumption you are by ones) or hope they give up, because sometimes the game glitches and they just stop chasing me.

Cop chases are great from the start, imo.

Ever seen the film Drive? Remember the way the driver eludes police at the start? If you don't have th upgrades to make a burn out easier, then stealthing down ally ways and hiding while patrols pass is the way to go.

The road block style missions are amongst my favourite as this tactic makes them incredibly tense.

Top Bottom