• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Was thinking last night of locations for the sequel. What city do you guys think would be a good setting? My choice would be Washington DC. Hack the government.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I like the current set up since you can create a play list of only the songs you like

with the random news update every now and then

Unfortunately, that only works if you like the tracks available. At least GTA realizes that most people are not going to want hiphop in their classic rock or indie rock in their rap. The game eeally needs radio stations.

Setsuna

Unfortunately, that only works if you like the tracks available. At least GTA realizes that most people are not going to want hiphop in their classic rock or indie rock in their rap. The game eeally needs radio stations.

Then remove all Hip hop tracks from the playlist then

I prefer the way watch dogs does it simply because its not an hour long track for a radio station being endlessly repeated with talk overs and everything

Linius

I just uninstalled the game again. I don't think I'll ever install it again. This was a case of lost money unless Ubi decides to actually do something about that bug.

It suck I usually like their games so saying I'll never buy a Ubisoft game ever again is worthless for me because I know I will. Hell I probably even buy this game when I get a PS4 eventually. But now I'm just fucking pissed. I have four days off and I was looking forward to this and now I can't play.

failgubbe

My game (PS4) seems to be stuck on the loading screen, I deleted the game data and reinstalled and it's still happening, anybody else had this issue?

Had it yesterday on Xbox One, it is probably something to do with Uplay. I had to restart a couple of times to get in

Watch Dogs, like so many other open world games, shits me with how limited the otherwise awesome looking first person driving camera is. I don't always use it, but I like to. It's nice for immersion, and the perspective gives me an sense of control that third person does not. I don't need super fancy details or animations, even though Watch Dogs goes the extra mile to make it look great. What I do need is the ability to look around.

I assume it's limited due to interior car modelling issues, but goddam: open world games, please take note. If I can enable first person driving, please give me free camera control that lets me look around just as a person can do in real life. It's infuriating to be locked to a forward perspective.

Totally agreed. I found out last night that it's much easier for me to tackle the driving if I'm in the first person or bumper cams. Really infuriating how you can't look around within the car, though.

Jito

Banned
Tried the game out at a friends last night from the start and got about 5 missions into the story. Is there like a big story hook in the first act as nothing interesting has happened so far and the game is playing it very seriously whilst being pretty uninteresting. The game seems very by the numbers so far, typical Ubisoft open world affair, go here, activate this, you've got access to the map now, collect loads of pointless collectibles. I get a feeling the game would have been much better off starting you out with hardly any hacking abilities and letting you unlock them as you progress, quite an overload of abilities from the start. Also does the reputation system affect Aiden or the story at all?

Why do you want to get to a childrens play area so bad?

2HDCNfT.png

Now that's funny.

Yasae

Banned
Getting kind of tired of hearing the same argument/conversation with the couple near the starting hideout. The NPC skins will change, but the dialogue doesn't. Always about throwing him out because he has a doll collection.
Yeah that was a nice feature but a bit too many conversations recycle too quick.

Setsuna

Tried the game out at a friends last night from the start and got about 5 missions into the story. Is there like a big story hook in the first act as nothing interesting has happened so far and the game is playing it very seriously whilst being pretty uninteresting. The game seems very by the numbers so far, typical Ubisoft open world affair, go here, activate this, you've got access to the map now, collect loads of pointless collectibles. I get a feeling the game would have been much better off starting you out with hardly any hacking abilities and letting you unlock them as you progress, quite an overload of abilities from the start. Also does the reputation system affect Aiden or the story at all?

reputation effects just how much the civilians decide to call the cops on your when you do something

Max Anarchist constant stream of phone calls when walking down the street
Max vigilante people commenting about how they got your back and telling you to be safe

jediyoshi

Cop chases are great from the start, imo.

Ever seen the film Drive? Remember the way the driver eludes police at the start? If you don't have th upgrades to make a burn out easier, then stealthing down ally ways and hiding while patrols pass is the way to go.

Given that you're both in the city and don't have a helicopter on you. Otherwise it's a total clusterfuck that escalates right into the drain. Why the hell are the third person driving view angles so limited? Why can't I disable a helicopter unless I'm either driving right at it or not in a car at all?

purg3

slept with Malkin
holy shit, criminal convoys with IED's and the .50 cal sniper are so much fun. Love setting up makeshift roadblock traps.

sjay1994

Really? And you don't have to escape from alerted guards or use distraction items?

If so then I feel stupid, but also happy to be corrected because there's more there, there.

Honestly, I have never used my guns in the single player asides from one forced point in the last mission in act 1. I have been a ghost using cameras most of the time.

hbkdx12

Most of Act 1 is tutorial stuff to get you accustomed to the different facets of the game. I'm happy that they didn't gate off a bunch of skills and upgrades behind story progression. I personally don't like games that force you to progress in the story before you can start to feel like a badass especially when there's so much side content to engage that only gets better with each new upgrade and skill you acquire. I'm not even done with Act 1 and im pretty close to having my hacking skill tree maxed out and i love it.

I don't think the reputation does much other then determine how civilians look at you. The more positive rep you have the less likely they are to call the cops when they see you doing bad things

Jito

Banned
reputation effects just how much the civilians decide to call the cops on your when you do something

Max Anarchist constant stream of phone calls when walking down the street
Max vigilante people commenting about how they got your back and telling you to be safe

So even if we get to max anarchist the story will still have Aiden acting like he's fighting the good fight and acting like he's a good guy? Lame.

Most of Act 1 is tutorial stuff to get you accustomed to the different facets of the game. I'm happy that they didn't gate off a bunch of skills and upgrades behind story progression. I personally don't like games that force you to progress in the story before you can start to feel like a badass especially when there's so much side content to engage that only gets better with each new upgrade and skill you acquire. I'm not even done with Act 1 and im pretty close to having my hacking skill tree maxed out and i love it.

I don't think the reputation does much other then determine how civilians look at you. The more positive rep you have the less likely they are to call the cops when they see you doing bad things
Ah right, did think we might still be in the tutorial but it's not really teaching us much any more, just did the first run away from fixers mission. Hoping for some story revelations to get me interested.

Setsuna

So even if we get to max anarchist the story will still have Aiden acting like he's fighting the good fight and acting like he's a good guy? Lame.

Ah right, did think we might still be in the tutorial but it's not really teaching us much any more, just did the first run away from fixers mission. Hoping for some story revelations to get me interested.

Story touches on it a few times

valkyre

Why does it matter? Looking to to start a downgrade conversation AGAIN?

Why does it matter? I wont even....

No I am not looking at anything other than a simple answer to my question. So I do not appreciate the "offensive" tone of your message nor the ungrounded accusations.

FaintDeftone

I'm really enjoying this game until I have to participate in a high speed chase, then I loathe it. The driving is absolutely atrocious in this game. I was hoping a driving perk would enhance the steering on the cars... but it doesn't.

The driving may be the sole reason why I do not finish the game.

Jito

Banned
Story touches on it a few times

Good stuff, we found it funny mowing down civilians shouting "we're preventing crime, outta the way!"

Also failed so many crimes in progress just by running into the area and getting seen by the criminal straight away lol. (how do they know Aiden is going to prevent the crime?)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Finally had my first online invader kill. I've been invaded probably 3 times in 12 hours of game play. He was at 94% when I ran up to a car and saw him slouched over and just unloaded on his head with the chrome burst fire revolver. Felt good. Dude was probably pissed since he was so close to hacking me. I love the tension of the invasion aspect, so much fun.

Special C

So how far in the story do I need to get to unlock cool stuff like slowing down time and Multiplayer. I havent done anything past the second main mission because I keep getting distracted.

hbkdx12

holy shit, criminal convoys with IED's and the .50 cal sniper are so much fun. Love setting up makeshift roadblock traps.

I need to get more creative with these granted i've only done two. I bought a grenade launcher pretty early on and just let loose. I know at some point they tell you to neutralize the target rather than kill him so will need to get the creative juices flowing at some point i suppose

Setsuna

So how far in the story do I need to get to unlock cool stuff like slowing down time and Multiplayer. I havent done anything past the second main mission because I keep getting distracted.

Focus is the first skill you can pick up after you are forced to get garages

SeanR1221

Only played briefly last night (unlocked the first cto thing) but I liked what I played.

I took out all the guards silently before hacking into the system. Definitely feels splinter cell-ish

purg3

slept with Malkin
I need to get more creative with these granted i've only done two. I bought a grenade launcher pretty early on and just let loose. I know at some point they tell you to neutralize the target rather than kill him so will need to get the creative juices flowing at some point i suppose

.50 cal is awesome because it also disables vehicles so quickly, and IED's are just self explanatory. I really like the freedom and options you have to complete those missions. So much fun. Last one I did I had to take down one of the guys. So i found a spot that had a steam pipe on the convoy path and parked a little up from it. Then i set an IED a little further down by a parked car. Blew the pipe destroying the lead car, the other two went through it, so I waited and detonated the IED, blowing up the last car. By then the middle car containing the target was so messed up, they got out and it was an easy take down.

It took a couple of tries to get that to work, but it was so satisfying when it did.

hbkdx12

I'm really enjoying this game until I have to participate in a high speed chase, then I loathe it. The driving is absolutely atrocious in this game. I was hoping a driving perk would enhance the steering on the cars... but it doesn't.

The driving may be the sole reason why I do not finish the game.
The driving itself can be hit or miss depending on the vehicle you have but i really enjoy the chases in this compared to other open world games where it's all about ramming them/shooting the car. You just can't help but feel like a bad ass in a police chase when you switch the traffic light behind you and take out one cop, take a few turns and pull up some blockers to take out another and then dip off into an alley and cut the engine and chill like a boss :)

Good stuff, we found it funny mowing down civilians shouting "we're preventing crime, outta the way!"

Also failed so many crimes in progress just by running into the area and getting seen by the criminal straight away lol. (how do they know Aiden is going to prevent the crime?)
I assume they dont but most of these attempted crimes happen in alleys and sometimes the criminal will look around before he engages with the victim so i just take it as them just being cautious/aware of another person being there

There's a mission called open your world thats about 5 or 6 missions in. After you complete that all your skill trees are unlocked and you're pretty much free to upgrade and experience whatever you want

Setsuna

Ok can anyone help me with my watch dogs crashes PC version

ive restarted computer multiple times
made sue over clocking was off
turned on overclocking software
tried to run the game on 1 2 and 3 cores
downgraded graphics drivers to the previous 3 versions
tried offline mode
turned all settings to low
turned off uplay overlays
turned on cloud syncronization
Verified files
Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
Put all graphics settings to low

Specs: 4670k, gtx 780 3GB, windows 8.1 with 8GB of ram

FaintDeftone

The driving itself can be hit or miss depending on the vehicle you have but i really enjoy the chases in this compared to other open world games where it's all about ramming them/shooting the car. You just can't help but feel like a bad ass in a police chase when you switch the traffic light behind you and take out one cop, take a few turns and pull up some blockers to take out another and then dip off into an alley and cut the engine and chill like a boss :)

I completely agree with you, but I can't enjoy those features when I'm spending most of my time ramming into objects and buildings because my car controls like shit. I do like cop chases in this game, but not with those controls!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Got the trophy for escaping a 5 star police chase yesterday playing FR with my friend. We just camped and killed the police and somehow I evaded them in cover.

sjay1994

Finally had my first online invader kill. I've been invaded probably 3 times in 12 hours of game play. He was at 94% when I ran up to a car and saw him slouched over and just unloaded on his head with the chrome burst fire revolver. Felt good. Dude was probably pissed since he was so close to hacking me. I love the tension of the invasion aspect, so much fun.

I think that might have been me. Was it a red jeep?

Nintyb

Banned
Ubisoft seriously need to mod in mp3 playlist support. As of now, I've turned the music off.

Not a single track I can tolerate.

Danny 117

Was going to impulse buy the game on the Xbox One games store today.

Load up the store.

£60 for the digital version?!

Fuck off Ubisoft... lol

Top Bottom