• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

jiiikoo

Banned
You guys that are a little further in the game could you help me out a little. I don't seem to have Points of Interests unlocked at Pawnee and I don't see a ctOS tower marked on the map. I do have the all ctOS towers unlocked trophy though, so I don't think theres one in Pawnee at all.

Do you need to go a bit further in the campaign to unlock the hideout and such in Pawnee? :eek:

failgubbe

Was going to impulse buy the game on the Xbox One games store today.

Load up the store.

£60 for the digital version?!

Fuck off Ubisoft... lol

Why fuck Ubisoft when it's the same price as 90% of the titles that aren't indies?

Edit: Might be different with pounds. Sorry

GAF I have zero to no interest in doing any of the secondary stuff in this game... I just go from mission to mission. I like the game, I really do, but I just won't bring myself to do anything aside from the story. There's so much to do, that I end up doing none of it. Am I the only one??

purg3

slept with Malkin
GAF I have zero to no interest in doing any of the secondary stuff in this game... I just go from mission to mission. I like the game, I really do, but I just won't bring myself to do anything aside from the story. There's so much to do, that I end up doing none of it. Am I the only one??

I'm doing the complete opposite. I'm really enjoying the side stuff. Criminal Convoys and Investigations are pretty fun actually.

hbkdx12

Im the complete opposite. The world and the people are just amazing to get lost in and just have fun with

Did a privacy mission yesterday and
there was a girl behind closed doors that kept ridiculing herself until she got the strength to commit suicide
like wtf ubi. got damn man. Ubi aint pulling no punches lol

SJRB

Gold Member
b44RgQ5.jpg

As juvenile as they are, I can't help but chuckle at the roadsign hacks. So random, haha.

I'm constantly amazed at the architecture in this game, Chicaco is a beautiful city. I especially love the Mad Mile, interesting blend of styles everywhere.

In a way I may be rushing things because I have little time to play. Game launched at a time that I'm full of college work to do. I will try to do some privacy missions tonight, those sound really cool.

hbkdx12

Is it just me or is profiling for crimes useless? I get so many remote profiles that I can't keep up witht hem all.

I never actively went profiling for crimes. All the crimes have come remotely or i stumbled across it randomly just walking down the street

I ran across a text for a crime that read along the lines of:

You gotta stop man. You're running with dangerous people

.................I AM dangerous ppl

Yeah Ok...LOL

................Im so dangerous im abt to kill someone right NOW.

I literally laughed out loud at the juvenile nature (capitalization and all) of this text and the idea that the guy at the other end had something to prove lol

GulAtiCa

When someone invades you to hack you, will they try to come to you if you initially just ignore them? I had someone hack into my game/etc the other day, I was already on route to do something else, so I ignored them, but they disconnected like 10 seconds later, I assume server error. I did get points for it though.

I'm curious if anything happens if you ignore them. Since sometimes I'm just messing around. I'd hope they try to come to me.

I have to say that as a Polish person it disappoints me that there are no Polish speaking citizens, no Polish stores and I've yet to profile someone with a Polish name.

The population of Chicago is 2.7 million, 1.1 of which are of Polish descent. It has the largest Polish population of any city outside of Poland, yet not a single hint of polish presence in the game.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
When someone invades you to hack you, will they try to come to you if you initially just ignore them? I had someone hack into my game/etc the other day, I was already on route to do something else, so I ignored them, but they disconnected like 10 seconds later, I assume server error. I did get points for it though.

I'm curious if anything happens if you ignore them. Since sometimes I'm just messing around. I'd hope they try to come to me.

I think the game initially places them near you. You can run away, but they can still hack you from a distance once they start the hack.

For people who have been tailed - does the game tell you about the tailing, like it does when you've been invaded?

I have to say that as a Polish person it disappoints me that there are no Polish speaking citizens, no Polish stores and I've yet to profile someone with a Polish name.

The population of Chicago is 2.7 million, 1.1 of which are of Polish descent. It has the largest Polish population of any city outside of Poland, yet not a single hint of polish presence in the game.

I ran into a random phone conversation where a person was complaining about her Polish landlord, it was pretty funny.

GulAtiCa

I think the game initially places them near you. You can run away, but they can still hack you from a distance once they start the hack.

For people who have been tailed - does the game tell you about the tailing, like it does when you've been invaded?

The only time I got invaded, other then the initial tutorial, and the guy's initial position was like 500m+, in the same part of the city of course. Though at that time I was in a car, so I'd imagine be harder to start the hack if I'm just driving around.

I don't know, you might want to just indulge a bit in the side stuff, actually quite fun I was running around, doing mission, blowing stuff up, hacking, and then decided to play some....in game chess?? Yep! And it was a great change of pace

Tawpgun

Hahaha just saw a comment,

"Most unrealistic thing about Watch Dogs is that the weather is clearly autumn but the Cubs are still playing like yeah ok Ubisoft..."

owlbeak

I'm playing on Realistic Mode, but am only in the first part of the opening sequence in the stadium.

What is the difference in Realistic compared to the other difficulties?

zedge

I was getting so frustrated losing everytime I was hacked. Just could not find them. Grrr. Well last time I found the fucker before he even hacked me and shot him in the face with a sniper. Eat it!!! :)

Would really like to try online decryption, will never join a game though.

SJRB

Gold Member
The ctOS and Dedsec newsflashes get increasingly annoying. The worst is the interview with the major. Why do these things loop? I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about the blackout during the game, that happened weeks ago [ingame time].

"Dedsec, the modern canary in the cole mine" - FUCK OFF!

icespide

Banned
played this via remote play last night and it actually plays pretty well and the button mappings are fine.

perfect game to play while my wife is watching *sigh* so you think you can dance

hbkdx12

I don't know, you might want to just indulge a bit in the side stuff, actually quite fun I was running around, doing mission, blowing stuff up, hacking, and then decided to play some....in game chess?? Yep! And it was a great change of pace

A did a set of the chess stuff yesterday. Was more enjoyable than i would have imagined. Nice change of pace

Curious to know what everyones favorite time killer is so far. For me i just can't get enough of the privacy missions. They've been pretty ace so far

I like stopping crimes too. I like the idea that you actually have to be careful how you approach the situation. A good use of the reputation system would have been the more positive rep you have the more likely that civs will try to help you stop a criminal you're chasing by throwing things at them or getting in their way something to slow them down

Kelsey

Banned

The game puts them near you initially to complete a short hack. After that they have about 30 seconds to get as far away from you as possible before they can initiate the transfer.

I was getting so frustrated losing everytime I was hacked. Just could not find them. Grrr. Well last time I found the fucker before he even hacked me and shot him in the face with a sniper. Eat it!!! :)

Would really like to try online decryption, will never join a game though.
Yeah it came down to the wire for me as well..however, when I was notified the hacker was outed, I thought it meant an npc who I filled with a full clip before noticing the real player was running in the opposite direction..oops, my bad npc, you're next cup of coffee is on me ;)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the consensus, is this any good, GAF? Bear in mind I'd be getting it for 360 and got bored of every Assassin's Creed after roughly 4-5 hours.

I might be losing it, cause now when I'm out and about I keep looking for cameras and wondering what the the person next to me is into/what's their salary/what's in their account...lol

Lizardus

Impressions so far:

-Uplay needs to die...hard. There hasn't been a single time where I haven't launched Uplay and it fails to connect until I try two or three times. When I do get Uplay to start, it fails sync my save before starting the game and after I quit and I have to keep trying several times

-Game is pretty and fun but Ubisoft really needs to scale back on the amount of shit that's on the HUD while you have the phone out. It's really overwhelming and cockblocks the scenery

-Driving is okayish but I am sure I'll get used to it

-Evading cops is really hard. I tried to outrun them in a car but couldn't so I ditched the car and went inside a construction zone of some sort to lose their sight but they always kept finding me. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

As juvenile as they are, I can't help but chuckle at the roadsign hacks. So random, haha.

I'm constantly amazed at the architecture in this game, Chicaco is a beautiful city. I especially love the Mad Mile, interesting blend of styles everywhere.
My favorite was 'Send more paramedics'

Marleyman

Banned
Lizardus said:
Evading cops is really hard. I tried to outrun them in a car but couldn't so I ditched the car and went inside a construction zone of some sort to lose their sight but they always kept finding me. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

What alway works for me is taking it to the water near a boat. Get on the boat, hide under a bridge and you are good to go.

I'm playing on Realistic Mode, but am only in the first part of the opening sequence in the stadium.

What is the difference in Realistic compared to the other difficulties?

It uses real world logic a bit more and the suspension of disbelief is reduced.

When you get hit from shots it's only 2-3 before you die. NPCs will snitch on you and call the cops more often.

Kelsey

Banned
What alway works for me is taking it to the water near a boat. Get on the boat, hide under a bridge and you are good to go.

If you use the hacking ability that blinds helicopters for 15 seconds, there's never any threat of getting caught by police once you're in a boat. It made getting the 5 star escape achievement so easy.

Top Bottom