• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

LoveCake

Really, it totally depends on your playstyle and what you think would help you. I'd say at least don't wait too long to unlock Blackout ;)

Hacking? Car unlock, ATM?

Things from your hacking skill tree are always helpful and definitely worth prioritizing over the other skill trees. Specifically I would say go for the environmental hacks like blockers, spikes, bridges, steam pipes, etc that make it easier to deal with chases

It's also worth putting a point into driving so you can steal any car so you don't have to worry about people calling the cops if you trip a car alarm

Ok thanks Gafers, i just wondered if there was a 'best' system to use for upgrading skills, i have been playing the last two nights & i have about 14 of the tokens for unlocking stuff, i wanted to know what was the most useful first to upgrade, i thought there may be a guide about online.

Dominator

How far is everyone in the game? Not the campaign, but percentage? I just hit 22% after about 10 hours total, and I've only done 6 campaign missions (still on Act 1).

I'm also level 23 out of 50.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Car Unlock is #1 the most important skill to grab at first. It means you never get a civilian calling the cop because of you stealing a car off the street.
I just realized I only stole one car before getting that upgrade (and no one was around). Makes sense to get that one for sure.

hbkdx12

So an example: Fire off an EMP pulse to disable cameras and electronics, throw a flashbang to disorient a group, then run up and melee all of them in a chain. No evidence you were there other than the beat up and broken dudes. You can sorta do that now, but I want it to be even deeper.

Does that make sense?
It makes sense.

Granted, it's all about how its implemented and more options are better than less but this example would just be something that was ripped straight from Splinter Cell.

Again, im not suggesting its a bad idea just as it stands now i like the idea that the game takes 1 or 2 things here and there from other Ubi games but not enough where it just feels like entire gameplay mechanics are being rehashed. Makes it feel like it stands on its own

Deception

The middle of Act 2 all the way to the end of Act 3 have been great. This game is really one of the best single players experiences I've had in a while.

purg3

slept with Malkin
How far is everyone in the game? Not the campaign, but percentage? I just hit 22% after about 10 hours total, and I've only done 6 campaign missions (still on Act 1).

I'm also level 23 out of 50.

23.6 percent here. Still on Act 1, mainly doing side stuff to unlock different weapons now. Just got the Spec Ops Goblin, it's so badass. How do you unlock more missing persons and the weapons box locations? I only need 1 more of each and cant find any.

Andrew.

Banned
Holy shit at the simplicity of the trophy for tailing someone with zero detection. Dude just stood there in the park the entire time while I watched him from behind a short wall.

Dr Dogg

Oh Watch_Dogs! I do love you silly glitches

14299287124_97531e148f_h.jpg

jiiikoo

Banned
Any word about the Season Pass unlocks on PS4? Still haven't been able to access them -_-

And do you get the Pawnee Points of Interests unlocked at some point in the main campaign? I've done all of the ctOS centers and towers but I don't have any POI's in Pawnee. I just started act 2 btw.

hey, does anyone know if I can transfer the save file from one pc to another if I leave uplay in offline mode? I can't seem to be able to log in to use the cloud save stuff and I have lost progress like 10 times already in the beginning of the game. thanks.

I have been juggling saves on the same PC because two of us in the house are playing the game.

I set Uplay to not be cloud synced (I am logged in, not in offline mode) but I assume you wouldn't want the hassle of physically copying the save files from one PC to another?

DukeBobby

I've spent hours just walking around.

I have a lot of issues with the game, but Ubi have created a damn good city here. I have to give them credit for that.

someday

Banned
I got this game just as the hdmi port on our tv died (well, not the ports themselves; it's something with the motherboard). Getting that fixed soonish but is it possible to use an hdmi/component cable adapter for my ps4 in the meantime? It looks ok on my 42" but the TV downstairs is much better.

So I decided to do the Psychedelic flower minigame thing as like a, "just one more thing before I call it a night". I kept thinking the next level would be the last and just kept plowing through them.

It's always surprising when I see little diversions like these that are actually pretty substantial content. I mean, they're pretty simple but in the grand scheme of things, people spent a ton of time making that content and it might go completely unseen by many players.

That's probably why even though you can access Cash Run (and Cash Run Custom Challenges that I bet no one knows about), the AR shooting game, and the digital trips from your phone, Ubisoft threw a bazillion icons on the map and stupid trip dealers that solicit you whenever you walk near them.

Tinabina

I have been juggling saves on the same PC because two of us in the house are playing the game.

I set Uplay to not be cloud synced (I am logged in, not in offline mode) but I assume you wouldn't want the hassle of physically copying the save files from one PC to another?

I would not mind physically moving the save file as long as the damn game does not reset on me. I have done that first mission too many times already. Are the save files on 274 in the Uplay game launcher folder? I will test when I can.

Carbonox

dat nemesis costume

Looks so fucking badass compared to all the other costumes. Have yet to go on Uplay but isn't the gangster outfit available through that? Cos I'd rep that all the time.

DukeBobby

Y'know, the licensed soundtrack isn't as bad as everyone says it is.

It has Move on Up by Curtis Mayfield, which is the perfect strolling song.

dat nemesis costume

Looks so fucking badass compared to all the other costumes. Have yet to go on Uplay but isn't the gangster outfit available through that? Cos I'd rep that all the time.

That is the only outfit that looks decent. Everything else sucks and I haven't been able to get my gangster outfit though I've seen some people with pictures of their's

It makes sense.

Granted, it's all about how its implemented and more options are better than less but this example would just be something that was ripped straight from Splinter Cell.

Again, im not suggesting its a bad idea just as it stands now i like the idea that the game takes 1 or 2 things here and there from other Ubi games but not enough where it just feels like entire gameplay mechanics are being rehashed. Makes it feel like it stands on its own

I totally get what you mean.

I think that seems to present itself better in the car chases and investigations than in combat, where you basically take complete control of the environment to battle your enemies. The next game should have better enemy AI, which forces you to be clever in how you manipulate your environment, meaning that we need to be able to manipulate more of the environment. I don't think that's something done very often in game, where we can take the very fabric of the world and warp it around our needs.

Riding a bike during a late day rainstorm through The Loop did it I think.

Got massive Se7en vibes too just with the dreary, wet and gray look to it all.

The game's got such fantastic atmosphere. Ubi really, really nailed it. I hope that in Watch_Dogs 2, we get to take Aiden out on cases, with extensive investigation into the seedy underbelly of the city. Technology versus human psychology, you know?

Andrew.

Banned
That is the only outfit that looks decent. Everything else sucks and I haven't been able to get my gangster outfit though I've seen some people with pictures of their's

Yeah the majority of them are on a true "What the fuck were you thinking?" scale

That said, I rock and switch between that Orange Burn, Adversary, Highwayman and Urban Chemistry.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the points you made are not entirely accurate.
My cars always get scratches, dents and lose parts.
They certainly lose parts, but only after a lot of abuse. The dents also take a fair amount of hits to start appearing and seem to be pre-baked instead of an actual result of an impact. I have not seen scratched paint on a car in the game, no matter the amount of abuse I put it through. If there is such a thing in the game, it's highly likely that it is pre-baked like the dents.

You can easily outrun chasing cars without hacking. Even on a straight road.
Are you sure? Don't raise any bridges/bollards/blockers or use traffic lights and steam pipes, then pick a vehicle of the street and start a chase. I assure you that you won't be able to outrun them if you don't have one of the fastest cars in the game.

They don't disappear. They will also start following you when you bump into them.
They disappeared on me every single time without fail and I haven't seen a single police car on the entire map outside of missions or witness calls.

Civilians will call the police when you do stuff like that. I think it's a good thing the cops don't magically start following you.
But they don't. I've jacked a lot of cars and the victims called the cops maybe three times. I've blown up several convoys and no witness call. I've smashed up a ton of stuff and crashed into a lot of cars; again, no witness calls. I'm not suggesting they should magically appear when you do bad stuff, I just think it wouldn't hurt for there to be at least a limited police presence in the streets.

Not at all. If you don't move, they will arrest you.
Apparently this is possible, so I stand corrected. They've always shot me on sight up until now though.

I don't think that is the case at all. People know your identity, but they don't necessarily know where you are or they won't necessarily recognize you.
But they say "oh hey, it's the vigilante' all the time. And the news reports sometimes even mention your name. And the bad guys apparently already know who you are. STORY SPOILER:
So why the need to go into prison and intimidate some guy who just saw your face to 'protect your identity' and kill several guys in the process?

There are.
Where? People don't very accurately react to being shot and when I shoot in the water or dirt, nothing happens.

You are the vigilante after all...
But this is not how it works. If you haven't hacked them yet, you can just walk up right in front of them and they won't do anything as long as you're not in the hostile area. If you set foot in hostile area and then get out without being noticed, they will suddenly start attacking you when they spot you outside of the hostile area. It makes no sense.

There are on PC. Not everywhere, but water, wet floors and cars have them.
Playing on PS4 and all the baked reflections on buildings are mostly what I'm talking about.

You can evade the scan(s). I've done so many times.
I know, I meant to say that they only show up if you don't evade them. Which is not very often.

Police do show up sparingly around town. They do care if you destroy certain things, such as fuel tanks. That will raise your heat level (the bottom right IIRC) which means that police will engage if they see you around.
I have not yet seen a single police vehicle outside of missions and witness calls.

Good karma affects how likely people are to call the police on you for crimes (stealing a car is a good example; I've stolen many as a good vigilante and don't get many calls into dispatch).
That might explain why I almost never have witnesses call the police.

hbkdx12

I think that seems to present itself better in the car chases and investigations than in combat, where you basically take complete control of the environment to battle your enemies. The next game should have better enemy AI, which forces you to be clever in how you manipulate your environment, meaning that we need to be able to manipulate more of the environment. I don't think that's something done very often in game, where we can take the very fabric of the world and warp it around our needs.

yeah i agree. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here with a sequel since they really do have a solid foundation with what they've done.

hbkdx12

Yeah the majority of them are on a true "What the fuck were you thinking?" scale

That said, I rock and switch between that Orange Burn, Adversary, Highwayman and Urban Chemistry.

I like infiltrator because of the dark green and the fabric on the trench coat looks awesome when you get in close. It's like wool or something. Has a nice texture to it

I have the PS4 version, but I have no White Hacker Outfit or where am I supposed to find these bonus missions or what?

It should be automatic if you downloaded it. You can switch into it either at a hideout or a clothing store.

The retail packaged version comes with a code in the box that you need to redeem. Not sure about the download version.

Took me awhile to figure it out. The code is inside the game artwork in the case. Put it in and then a Z icon will show up in game that says exclusive content.

I like infiltrator because of the dark green and the fabric on the trench coat looks awesome when you get in close. It's like wool or something. Has a nice texture to it

It should be automatic if you downloaded it. You can switch into it either at a hideout or a clothing store.

Oh, now I feel stupid. Hahaha.

This game (2014,PC,X1,PS4) looks so so so bad compared to GTA 4 (2008). It's unbelievable...

71191-what-the-actual-fuck-gif-game-cJX5.gif

I would not mind physically moving the save file as long as the damn game does not reset on me. I have done that first mission too many times already. Are the save files on 274 in the Uplay game launcher folder? I will test when I can.

Yes the 274 one is where it is at. A word of warning if you have bought a special edition copy with additional bits and pieces like clothing / missions:

When you copy the save to the new PC check that any additional digital content you have is showing from the main menu.

We experienced an odd problem where it wasn't showing for the additional saves we created (for the second player).

Nethaniah

Play GTA 4 on Pc with Max settings.
The lightning, viewing distance, effects, physics. It's like a generation ahead altough it's a generation before!

Gta IV is not even close to this game, physics maybe but graphics wise it's so far behind.

Viewing distance i can't really remember, draw distance though is ass with both.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I am right there with you. Actually, I'd like a bit more expansion of the "distraction" element to work under more conditions. Like, when you have someone chasing you in a car, you have an app you can use to call them and fake a family emergency using real information you can pull from their profile and make them pull off.
Are you sure? Don't raise any bridges/bollards/blockers or use traffic lights and steam pipes, then pick a vehicle of the street and start a chase. I assure you that you won't be able to outrun them if you don't have one of the fastest cars in the game.
This is kind of moving the goalposts. look at your original claim:
it seems to be impossible to outrun your pursuers without hacking, no matter how fast your vehicle is and how shitty theirs is.
That implies both that it doesn't matter what car you have, and also that it doesn't matter how your car compares to theirs. What you meant was that it doesn't matter unless you have a fast enough car that it does matter? Furthermore, I'm very early in the game, and I'll grant you I do grab cars that look fast to me off the streets, but I have no idea how they really stack up in terms of "fastest in the game" and have been able to escape a couple times already under the conditions you've described.
But they don't. I've jacked a lot of cars and the victims called the cops maybe three times. I've blown up several convoys and no witness call. I've smashed up a ton of stuff and crashed into a lot of cars; again, no witness calls. I'm not suggesting they should magically appear when you do bad stuff, I just think it wouldn't hurt for there to be at least a limited police presence in the streets.
I think you are not weighing the immersion/realism factor against how freaking annoying it would be if it were more common than it is. This is also mitigated by your reputation. If people think you're a hero then smashing up some property isn't a big deal. Oddly enough the people I steal cars from seem to car the cops pretty commonly, but I don't have all that much reputation yet I guess.
They disappeared on me every single time without fail and I haven't seen a single police car on the entire map outside of missions or witness calls.
There are some police that patrol and aren't hostile to you by default, and if you're in view of a cop when you get any heat they will come after you without having to be called. I believe you that you haven't seen them... it's a big city though. They exist. :p

Top Bottom